Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 10-29-2013, 11:46 PM   #46
Bless Mathews
454 Dumper

Bless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: All time comparison: Megatron v. Moss v. TO

I've seen them all in their prime. Including rice.

Please stop right now about being better than rice.

Megatron is more a physical specimen. Rice and to ran better routes got open easier. Moss had world class speed.

Megatron has chance to be 2nd best but he does need to get more tds. Last time I checked that's the most important thing in football.
Bless Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 01:15 AM   #47
TylerOO
Back in Cleveland!

TylerOO has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentKiller
And when is the last time anybody caught for 200 yards in a game?

Alshon Jeffery like week 3 or 4
TylerOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 03:33 AM   #48
KNOW1EDGE
AKA MUGGSY

KNOW1EDGE has decent reputationKNOW1EDGE has decent reputation

Rice>Megatron>Moss>TO
KNOW1EDGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 09:15 AM   #49
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The fact that Megatron has a good attitude and looks like a great guy(from what I've saw) makes him a better player than TO alone.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 09:55 AM   #50
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

TO is getting disrespected in this thread. If TO's character didnt end his career short I dont think Megatron would have a chance to reach his numbers. I mean you guys must not have seen TO play and see how dominant he was... In reality T.O. > Moss > Megatron.

As Skip calls him Team Obliterater is true.

Last edited by Rameek : 10-30-2013 at 09:57 AM.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 04:29 PM   #51
ROCSteady
~NO FATE~

ROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

All of these guys have SUPERIOR 'Wow' factor.

While Owens may not have had the more pure athleticism as Johnson and Moss, he was such a natural FOOTBALL player that he outran guys all the time. That year in Philly he dominated so much, when it MATTERED (not junk stats like some of Calvin's in lost games) that it was one of the greatest seasons to watch.

What he did in Dallas was phenom as well a couple of those years. He peak impressive seasons still was the one in Philly before the wheels fell off

I think Calvin willl end up going down as the most impressive receiver EVER, stats be damned.

Moss had shortcomings as a player when in between the hashes and TO could not go up and get the ball like Calvin.

Calvin does it all and I don't think he will be the greatest just because he is playing currently in a pu$$y defense league (thanks modern NFL).

Calvin Johnson goes over the middle, moves the chains by using his large frame and can jump straight up and give DBs no chance when the throw is even decent.

It's like he was made in an NFL factory.

Moss was spectacular outside the numbers, better than anyone but he wasn't all around great at every aspect of his craft.

Basically, I guess what makes Johnson better is mental i.e. humility and willingness to do any of the dirty work when called upon, on top of having ONE of the greatest measurables in football than ANY athlete in any sport.

Lebron James
Bo Jackson
Calvin Johnson

Last edited by ROCSteady : 10-30-2013 at 04:33 PM.
ROCSteady is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 07:27 PM   #52
bsyde82
Decent playground baller

bsyde82 has decent reputation

Yea, TO is being disrespected, but it's nothing new. I hate when the "experts" knock his hands and conveniently ignore his eye-popping resume, which dwarfs the resumes of their old-time faves.

But re: strength, at least from my observation, TO is on another level. CJ is big, sure. And when you're that much bigger than everyone, you're bound to be relatively strong. But TO was an animal with the YAC. I mean, the pom pom TD kind of says it all.

Or the first td here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Es-NNWFHZzE

Just classic TO raw animal strength and speed. We see guys scoring 60+ yard TDs all the time. But how many do it on a comeback route??
bsyde82 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: