Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 10-28-2013, 01:51 PM   #16
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Jordy Nelson vs Dez Bryant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
TY Hilton played half the snaps and he's now a number 1 WR.

Only in PT world can that happen.
huh?

Hilton 54 targets

Wayne 58 targets

I still had Wayne on my list...#12 overall...but IMO you could see that the shift was coming...Wayne is getting up there in age, Hilton the new young stud
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 01:54 PM   #17
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
Total disrespect to Wes Welker
dez can out run, out jump and out muscle jordy. He is also bigger I believe.

seriously man welker is one of the best in the league

REC 50 YDS 555 AVG 11.1 TDS 9

I was debating Wes/Brown/Torrey for the last spots

Wes would be #16 for me

I think Brown and Torrey have are a tad better...JMO

9 TDs is serious stuff though
Old 10-28-2013, 02:04 PM   #18
jazz873
College star

jazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Peyton and Wes Welker?
Nope. Not yet at least
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 03:47 PM   #19
MavsSuperFan
NBA rookie of the year

MavsSuperFan has a terrific reputationMavsSuperFan has a terrific reputationMavsSuperFan has a terrific reputationMavsSuperFan has a terrific reputationMavsSuperFan has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
I was debating Wes/Brown/Torrey for the last spots

Wes would be #16 for me

I think Brown and Torrey have are a tad better...JMO

9 TDs is serious stuff though
league leader in receiving TDs is Welker at 9

League leader in receptions is 56, Welker has 50

The guy makes clutch catches all the time, and finds a way to score in every game so far.

And he is 16 to you?

3 NFL receptions leader (2007 (tied), 2009, 2011)
2 AP First-Team All-Pro selection (2009, 2011)
2 AP Second-Team All-Pro selection (2007, 2008)
5 Pro Bowl (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012)

so he is not a new name. also he has done it with more than 1 QB

Last edited by MavsSuperFan : 10-28-2013 at 03:49 PM.
MavsSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 03:58 PM   #20
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
league leader in receiving TDs is Welker at 9

League leader in receptions is 56, Welker has 50

The guy makes clutch catches all the time, and finds a way to score in every game so far.

And he is 16 to you?

3 NFL receptions leader (2007 (tied), 2009, 2011)
2 AP First-Team All-Pro selection (2009, 2011)
2 AP Second-Team All-Pro selection (2007, 2008)
5 Pro Bowl (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012)

so he is not a new name. also he has done it with more than 1 QB
yeah two top-3 ALL TIME lol...prime Brady and Peyton

I don't think Wes is a product of the system, he is clearly talented, but I don't think he could be doing what Torrey is with the Ravens as the #1 right now.

Wes is really hard to rank to be honest...but I certainly don't think he is a top-10 talent right now...the top-10 consists of freak athlete types like Fitz and Dre, and that isn't what Wes is
Old 10-28-2013, 04:09 PM   #21
MavsSuperFan
NBA rookie of the year

MavsSuperFan has a terrific reputationMavsSuperFan has a terrific reputationMavsSuperFan has a terrific reputationMavsSuperFan has a terrific reputationMavsSuperFan has a terrific reputation

Quote:
yeah two top-3 ALL TIME lol...prime Brady and Peyton

I don't think Wes is a product of the system, he is clearly talented, but I don't think he could be doing what Torrey is with the Ravens as the #1 right now.

Wes is really hard to rank to be honest...but I certainly don't think he is a top-10 talent right now...the top-10 consists of freak athlete types like Fitz and Dre, and that isn't what Wes is
I get that your ranking is biased towards potential, but what about actual production.

Welker was first team all pro in 09,11
and second team all pro in 07,08

The guy is doing something right. People when they think of redzone threats, they think of huge WR who can jump out of the stadium, but Welker's actual red zone production is amazing. Im not sure how he does it, but he does it. He scores TDs a lot, not just for a guy his size, but for anyone.
MavsSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 06:10 PM   #22
bsyde82
Decent playground baller

bsyde82 has decent reputation

Quote:
I get that your ranking is biased towards potential, but what about actual production.

Welker was first team all pro in 09,11
and second team all pro in 07,08

The guy is doing something right. People when they think of redzone threats, they think of huge WR who can jump out of the stadium, but Welker's actual red zone production is amazing. Im not sure how he does it, but he does it. He scores TDs a lot, not just for a guy his size, but for anyone.

Agreed, prime Welker scares the hell outta me in the end zone (if he's got an elite QB that is.) He can run those quick little out routes that are impossible to defend. Brady was so good at throwing that pass. Looks easy, but it's definitely not.
bsyde82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 07:33 PM   #23
ihoopallday
King James

ihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
I have Jordy as a fringe top-10 WR

1. Calvin
2. A.J Green
3. Julio Jones
4. Dez Bryant
5. B Marshall
6. Larry Fitz
7. Andre Johnson
8. Demaryius Thomas
9. Vincent Jackson
10. Jordy Nelson
11. Roddy White
12. Reggie Wayne
13. Victor Cruz
14. Antonio Brown
15. Torrey Smith

something like that...there are a lot of good WRs out there

No Josh Gordon on this list. Put him with a QB like Romo, Stafford, or Rodgers and he'd be putting up ridiculous numbers.
ihoopallday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 07:51 PM   #24
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

He's already putting up ridiculous numbers.

His per game average so far this year is a 1600/8TD year, which is just insane with the level of QB play he has to work with.

Those stats rival the best years of Andre Johnson when he was considered the best in the game.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 01:37 PM   #25
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Total disrespect to Wes Welker
dez can out run, out jump and out muscle jordy. He is also bigger I believe.

seriously man welker is one of the best in the league

REC 50 YDS 555 AVG 11.1 TDS 9

Well according to combine numbers Nelson and Bryant ran comparable 40s and looking at stats Nelson has a slightly higher average YPC but Bryant has a slightly higher YAC. I think in terms of strength and speed they are comparable but Bryant has a higher vertical.

I think they are comparable. Probably would take Nelson because of the issues involved with Bryant.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: