Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-16-2013, 03:22 AM   #1
IamRAMBO24
NBA lottery pick

IamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Every post you make (including deleted ones) are being recorded and analyzed by Omgil

Quote:
Thread: I got accepted to be a dorm RA.. any advice?
Thread Statistics:
Site: insidehoops.com - latest threads
Forum: Off the Court Lounge - Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops
Total authors: 7 authors
Total thread posts: 15 posts
Analysis: The sentiment of the discussion is positive. The discussion is quite engaging and quite undisputed. The users Myth, unbreakable, were particularly engaged. It got people interested in the discussion. We think the discussion is interesting.
Awards: The following users won the first, second and third place as most active and engaging users:
[First Place] 1st Place: Myth
[Second Place] 2nd Place: Remix
[Third Place] 3rd Place: HomieWeMajor

http://omgili.com/thread/jHIAmI4hxg.T0DNHlli6jhmYLqVGU3kopqURpphjLB.9yMuvqL xXw8jWrVPHO5Rxu0W5YpjHEV5p0Dbjov1w7FOKaUANsBGa/

Ok so wtf is this sh*t? Are you telling me every thread or post I make will be "analyzed, reviewed" by some internet geek probably working for some data collection agency hell bent on knowing what I'm doing, especially the time when I'm wanking in front of my webcam so they can jerk it to fulfill their homosexual motives?

Wow! Talk about an invasion of privacy. WTF is omigli and are they a part of ISH or are they seperate and merely stalking like a b*tch?

Last edited by IamRAMBO24 : 05-16-2013 at 03:25 AM.
IamRAMBO24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 03:43 AM   #2
HarryCallahan
Banned

HarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Every post you make (including deleted ones) are being recorded and analyzed by Omgil

Dafuqq is that sh*t?
HarryCallahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 04:01 AM   #3
DonD13
GYMNAST

DonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Every post you make (including deleted ones) are being recorded and analyzed by Omgil

so who convinced you stay and continue to post?

Quote:
Wow. Talk about an invasion of privacy.

Quote:
analyzed, reviewed" by some internet geek

Quote:
WTF is omigli

since you're obviously not able to use the internet, I've searched the wikipedia article for you: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omgili
you're welcome!

Last edited by DonD13 : 05-16-2013 at 04:07 AM.
DonD13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 04:05 AM   #4
therammingman
National High School Star

therammingman has a very bad reputationtherammingman has a very bad reputationtherammingman has a very bad reputationtherammingman has a very bad reputation

therammingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 04:35 AM   #5
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 04:46 AM   #6
fiddy
HC4L

fiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

There are many companies that do that. I worked on project for a company called Synthesio. Basically what they do is they monitor social media (e.g. twitter, blogs, news websites, forums) according to the criteria given by their customers, my task was to evaluate the sentiment of given article/forums post/blog/twit if it is positive, neutral, negative. And at the end of the month you make a report of significant data. I can recall several big auto brands working with them.

I believe CIA collects data from FB. Also Google spies heavily through their product, one good reason to ditch Chrome.
fiddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 04:54 AM   #7
iamgine

iamgine is considered somewhat cooliamgine is considered somewhat cooliamgine is considered somewhat cool

I thought it's automatic no? The robot just detect certain keywords. For example, if there are many repetitions then they'd call it boring. If long discussion without swearing they'd call it positive, etc.
iamgine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 05:01 AM   #8
DonD13
GYMNAST

DonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamgine
I thought it's automatic no? The robot just detect certain keywords. For example, if there are many repetitions then they'd call it boring. If long discussion without swearing they'd call it positive, etc.

apparently.

on the deleted thread "I'm about to leave this forum; convince me to stay" it says: "The overall tonality around the discussion is neutral. The discussion is quite engaging but isn't controversial. We find the discussion interesting and original. "

but most of the thread were didn't-read-lol gifs

but as usuall OP thinks somebody is stalking him.

this is a public message board which means that the public can read your messages....
DonD13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 05:06 AM   #9
fiddy
HC4L

fiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamgine
Its not that simple. I dont think that there are algorithms that can detect the contextual meaning of certain phrases and idioms, especially on message boards where people use slang and idioms. Their search engine can detect the words they want to, but usually cant make the cpu understand how different relate to each other. Anyway the job was real headache.
fiddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 08:56 AM   #10
MetsPackers
new based god

MetsPackers has decent reputation

damn dude werent you supposed to leave the forum wtf. how come its always the retards who make an 'im leaving and nobody try and stop me!!" thread only to not miss a single beat as far as spewing nonsense. looking for some validation hoping someone will call you a good poster so you can die happy?

he'll nitpick the part where i call his post nonsense
MetsPackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:53 AM   #11
IamRAMBO24
NBA lottery pick

IamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonD13
apparently.

on the deleted thread "I'm about to leave this forum; convince me to stay" it says: "The overall tonality around the discussion is neutral. The discussion is quite engaging but isn't controversial. We find the discussion interesting and original. "

but most of the thread were didn't-read-lol gifs

but as usuall OP thinks somebody is stalking him.

this is a public message board which means that the public can read your messages....

You're an idiot if you don't think this data collection crap is relevant. Employers are using it to hire new employees, so don't you think it's stupid I may possibly not get a job because some black employer finds out I don't like rap music over a stupid internet forum? If they are looking at facebook to hire, there is no doubt they will start looking at this collection crap to do the same thing.

We don't know what they are going to do with this material, but the fact every thread is being read and review without our knowledge is creepy enough.

It's the same thing as me creeping on some hot girl's facebook and rate something like, "Ok today she's a 5 with that shirt on and it looks like she had a great time because she went to the mall with her mom and ate a hot dog" every single day on everything she posts.

Just because it's public knowledge doesn't mean someone has to creep the sh*t out of me with every move I make. It's creepy. Period. Who does this sh*t and why do they do it. The advertising excuse is just phony.

Last edited by IamRAMBO24 : 05-16-2013 at 11:08 AM.
Old 05-16-2013, 09:57 AM   #12
IamRAMBO24
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetsPackers
damn dude werent you supposed to leave the forum wtf. how come its always the retards who make an 'im leaving and nobody try and stop me!!" thread only to not miss a single beat as far as spewing nonsense. looking for some validation hoping someone will call you a good poster so you can die happy?

he'll nitpick the part where i call his post nonsense

You don't get it do you?
Old 05-16-2013, 10:05 AM   #13
BuffaloBill
Half Man

BuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24
especially the time when I'm wanking in front of my webcam so they can jerk it to fulfill their homosexual motives?

That's what you get for fapping in front of a webcam
BuffaloBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 10:19 AM   #14
IamRAMBO24
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonD13
so who convinced you stay and continue to post?

since you're obviously not able to use the internet, I've searched the wikipedia article for you: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omgili
you're welcome!

The fact a huge data collection agency rated my thread as "entertaining, fun, engaging" and gave it a 5 star rating shows beyond a shadow of doubt I am a huge asset to this forum despite the vitrol hate I get around here. These guys go through thousands of threads everyday and rate them like they are the internet geek version of rottentomatoes, so I wouldn't be surprise if I'm some internet celebrity in some secret internet society full of armchair nerds and geeks dying to get a sign autograph on a shirtless Rambo picture.

I need an agent.
Old 05-16-2013, 11:04 AM   #15
IamRAMBO24
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddy
There are many companies that do that. I worked on project for a company called Synthesio. Basically what they do is they monitor social media (e.g. twitter, blogs, news websites, forums) according to the criteria given by their customers, my task was to evaluate the sentiment of given article/forums post/blog/twit if it is positive, neutral, negative. And at the end of the month you make a report of significant data. I can recall several big auto brands working with them.

I believe CIA collects data from FB. Also Google spies heavily through their product, one good reason to ditch Chrome.

What would you define as "significant" data and who are their customers?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: