Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2015, 06:15 PM   #1
TripleA
Beasting and Feasting
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: P-Town boy
Posts: 298
TripleA is popular on this boardTripleA is popular on this boardTripleA is popular on this boardTripleA is popular on this board
Default Does the Confederate Flag need to be taken down?

What are your guys opinion. I don't really care that much but I want to see what others think.

don't say all republicans want to keep it though look at this article.
http://www.rawstory.com/2015/06/mitt...ves-go-apesht/
TripleA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 06:21 PM   #2
KyrieTheFuture
NBA lottery pick
 
KyrieTheFuture's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 5,311
KyrieTheFuture is popular on this boardKyrieTheFuture is popular on this boardKyrieTheFuture is popular on this boardKyrieTheFuture is popular on this boardKyrieTheFuture is popular on this board
Default Re: Does the Confederate Flag need to be taken down?

The amount of people who only support the "good" aspects of the flag and none of the bad, is not a large enough amount of people to warrant keeping it around. It's existence legitimately hurts people.
KyrieTheFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 06:27 PM   #3
longtime lurker
Very good NBA starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 8,299
longtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Does the Confederate Flag need to be taken down?

You expect a serious discussion about this topic?

LOL do you have any idea which forum you're on?

longtime lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 06:42 PM   #4
robert de niro
Two-Time Oscar MVP
 
robert de niro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,315
robert de niro is popular on this boardrobert de niro is popular on this boardrobert de niro is popular on this boardrobert de niro is popular on this board
Default Re: Does the Confederate Flag need to be taken down?

It's ugly af
robert de niro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 06:58 PM   #5
ThePhantomCreep
National High School Star
 
ThePhantomCreep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 2,195
ThePhantomCreep has decent reputation
Default Re: Does the Confederate Flag need to be taken down?

Southern conservatives bitch constantly that liberals want to "fundamentally change Murica" even as they proudly wave a flag that represents (among other things) treason and the attempted splintering of the United States. They still grumble about a possible secession from time to time, usually after a presidential defeat.

Burn those flags, please.
ThePhantomCreep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 07:07 PM   #6
fiddy
Banned
 
fiddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bulgaria
Posts: 10,081
fiddy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablefiddy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablefiddy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablefiddy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablefiddy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablefiddy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablefiddy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablefiddy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablefiddy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablefiddy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablefiddy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Does the Confederate Flag need to be taken down?

Looks very similar to Novorussia's flag

https://www.google.bg/search?q=novor...w=1920&bih=955
fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 07:22 PM   #7
bladefd
Great college starter
 
bladefd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,604
bladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Does the Confederate Flag need to be taken down?

I understand that you have a right to put it up based on rights provided by US Constitution, but why would you want to put up that flag?

It's like putting up the Nazi flag up. Sure, you have the right to put it up & you can do it, but why would you want to? That's putting up a sign saying "HEY LOOK! I'm rebelling through ignorance!"
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 07:25 PM   #8
nathanjizzle
Bulls br
 
nathanjizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 9,760
nathanjizzle has decent reputationnathanjizzle has decent reputation
Default Re: Does the Confederate Flag need to be taken down?

no, thats just ridiculous. im against racism, but the day america bans the confederate flag, then freedom is no more.
nathanjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 07:27 PM   #9
Akrazotile
DEAL WITH IT
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: no racist.
Posts: 8,673
Akrazotile has a very bad reputationAkrazotile has a very bad reputationAkrazotile has a very bad reputationAkrazotile has a very bad reputationAkrazotile has a very bad reputation
Default Re: Does the Confederate Flag need to be taken down?

Liberals say they hate intolerance and always paint intolerance as a conservative phenomenon. Yet they want the government to coercively alter every idea, belief, attitude, and lifestyle that does not conform to their own ideals.


Confederate flag is GOAT troll flag. Keep it up and leave the liberals butthurt.
Akrazotile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 07:36 PM   #10
ThePhantomCreep
National High School Star
 
ThePhantomCreep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 2,195
ThePhantomCreep has decent reputation
Default Re: Does the Confederate Flag need to be taken down?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrazotile
Liberals say they hate intolerance and always paint intolerance as a conservative phenomenon. Yet they want the government to coercively alter every idea, belief, attitude, and lifestyle that does not conform to their own ideals.


Confederate flag is GOAT troll flag. Keep it up and leave the liberals butthurt.

Ah, the old "liberals are intolerant for not putting up with conservative bigotry" argument. Terrible logic as always.

What's the difference between the views of Dylann Roof and your typical conservative douchebag? That's not the premise to a joke, it's a serious question, I don't know what the difference is.
ThePhantomCreep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 07:57 PM   #11
TripleA
Beasting and Feasting
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: P-Town boy
Posts: 298
TripleA is popular on this boardTripleA is popular on this boardTripleA is popular on this boardTripleA is popular on this board
Default Re: Does the Confederate Flag need to be taken down?

nice discussion guys.
TripleA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 07:59 PM   #12
Droid101
NBA Superstar
 
Droid101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 14,253
Droid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Does the Confederate Flag need to be taken down?


Stay losing.
Droid101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 08:13 PM   #13
Akrazotile
DEAL WITH IT
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: no racist.
Posts: 8,673
Akrazotile has a very bad reputationAkrazotile has a very bad reputationAkrazotile has a very bad reputationAkrazotile has a very bad reputationAkrazotile has a very bad reputation
Default Re: Does the Confederate Flag need to be taken down?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantomCreep
Ah, the old "liberals are intolerant for not putting up with conservative bigotry" argument. Terrible logic as always.

What's the difference between the views of Dylann Roof and your typical conservative douchebag? That's not the premise to a joke, it's a serious question, I don't know what the difference is.


Holy strawman.

Who cares what the difference in views are? His actions are the objectionable issue. People in America are allowed to have different views from you

Here's the thing. Lemme break it down slow:

There are basically three kinds of white people in America:

1. Hardcore xenophobes, who typically occupy rural areas, who do not want anything to do with black folks under any circumstances. They want to be separate from them and not have to associate with them.

2. Generally libertarian types who do not have any issue with racial skin differences, and do not have any problem associating with people from any background, as long as people are generally conforming to the typical way of western life we are comfortable with in this country. This type of person typically DOES get fed up with the constant issues of violence, poverty, affirmative action that have become endemic in certain communities, and often are not afraid to voice that frustration. But basically, as long as people handle their business, race is not an issue.

3. Liberals. These are the people who leverage impoverished blacks literally as a soapboxing device, and a means of filling a void in their life. These liberals DO NOT LIVE in urban black areas. They AVOID THEM. They DO NOT put their own tax dollars into black communities, they DO NOT send their kids to schools in black areas, they DO NOT donate their time to improve these areas. However, they will happily and loudly tell EVERYONE ELSE how tolerant they need to be of the violence that of course is a result of slavery. They will happily and loudly tell EVERYONE ELSE they need to bus more people from this gang-infested neighborhood into EVERYONE ELSES school. It's like that cliche saying about rape: "It's not about sex, it's about power." The liberal agenda isn't about blacks, it's about power. Liberals want to be SEEN sticking up for minorities. They want to DECIDE how tolerant and welcoming everyone else has to be. They want to CONTROL how everyone feels. But start putting some poor blacks into the liberal's neighborhood? He speeds the hell out of town, goes and gets a nice condo in a gated community in Carmel near his job at Google in Silicon Valley, and then from there gets on his soapbox and preaches about how stupid southern rednecks need to be more tolerant of blacks in their society.




THAT'S the reality. Many of these REALITIES were in fact touched on by that Roof kid in his "manifesto." Now he obviously had some problems to handle it the way he did, because no innocent person should ever lose their life over political disagreements. I actually agree with some of the kid's sentiments, and I feel HORRIBLE about what he did to those innocent people and families. There's zero justification for ever going about something that way. But as usual, not only are you avoiding the reality of how all this stuff works, you're going to try and create a strawman to now associate all views in common with his as being a covert means to instigate violence, which simply isn't true. But because you're a committed liberal, you wade in the waters of denial and delusion, and try to bring the debate to that territory. Because that's where you're comfortable.

Last edited by Akrazotile : 06-21-2015 at 08:19 PM.
Akrazotile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 08:16 PM   #14
TripleA
Beasting and Feasting
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: P-Town boy
Posts: 298
TripleA is popular on this boardTripleA is popular on this boardTripleA is popular on this boardTripleA is popular on this board
Default Re: Does the Confederate Flag need to be taken down?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrazotile
Holy strawman.

Who cares what the difference in views are? His actions are the objectionable issue. People in America are allowed to have different views from you

Here's the thing. Lemme break it down slow:

There are basically three kinds of white people in America:

1. Hardcore xenophobes, who typically occupy rural areas, who do not want anything to do with black folks under any circumstances. They want to be separate from them and not have to associate with them.

2. Generally libertarian types who do not have any issue with racial skin differences, and do not have any problem associating with people from any background, as long as people are generally conforming to the typical way of western life we are comfortable with in this country. This type of person typically DOES get fed up with the constant issues of violence, poverty, affirmative action that have become endemic in certain communities, and often are not afraid to voice that frustration. But basically, as long as people handle their business, race is not an issue.

3. Liberals. These are the people who leverage impoverished blacks literally as a soapboxing device, and a means of filling a void in their life. These liberals DO NOT LIVE in urban black areas. They AVOID THEM. They DO NOT put their own tax dollars into black communities, they DO NOT send their kids to schools in black areas, they DO NOT donate their time to improve these areas. However, they will happily and loudly tell EVERYONE ELSE how tolerant they need to be of the violence that of course is a result of slavery. They will happily and loudly tell EVERYONE ELSE they need to bus more people from this gang-infested neighborhood into EVERYONE ELSES school. It's like that cliche saying about rape: "It's not about sex, it's about power." The liberal agenda isn't about blacks, it's about power. Liberals want to be SEEN sticking up for minorities. They want to DECIDE how tolerant and welcoming everyone else has to be. They want to CONTROL how everyone feels. But start putting some poor blacks into the liberal's neighborhood? He speeds the hell out of town, goes and gets a nice condo in a gated community in Carmel near his job at Google in Silicon Valley, and then from there gets on his soapbox and preaches about how stupid southern rednecks need to be more tolerant of blacks in their society.




THAT'S the reality.

I think politicians liberal and conservative are pretty corrupt. People that stick themselves in on category are similar to sheep. #nonewfriends
TripleA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 08:27 PM   #15
Akrazotile
DEAL WITH IT
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: no racist.
Posts: 8,673
Akrazotile has a very bad reputationAkrazotile has a very bad reputationAkrazotile has a very bad reputationAkrazotile has a very bad reputationAkrazotile has a very bad reputation
Default Re: Does the Confederate Flag need to be taken down?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droid101

Stay losing.


1 million + American lives were lost in the Civil War, to ostensibly rescue African slaves from what was already a dying institution globally, destined to eventually die out in the south as well on its own accord without federal interference.

Why are you ACTUALLY happy the Civil War was fought? More than one million Americans were killed in a war that was started by the liberals.

I guess I don't see why you think that's "winning"? Other than you're just completely submissive to the ideas that are ingrained to you by your political faction.



I mean this is the thing, you guys. I'm moderately conservative (which I think all grown adults should be) but not rigidly conservative. I don't hate anyone for being a minority. I don't get any pleasure out of seeing people excluded or oppressed. But there are certain principles that ensure prosperity and security over time that aren't always pleasant to deal with in the short term. That's reality. That's how life works. You can't just cave in immediately everytime there's a conflict or someone attempts to villify you and falsely smear you. That's the liberal way. Liberals are the parents that relent on letting their kids have candy for dinner if the kids cry loud enough. The softies. The pushovers. Sometimes putting your principles and convictions first and insisting others adapt to them is the way you have to do things. It doesn't make you hateful. It just makes you rational. I mean for god sake. You'll liberals don't think for yourselves. You'll liberals don't even smoke crack.

Last edited by Akrazotile : 06-21-2015 at 08:30 PM.
Akrazotile is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:24 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy