Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-14-2014, 12:19 AM   #31
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: HBO's True Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
I'm completely with you on the McConaughey thing.
I just recently finished up watching Dallas Buyers Club, Mud, and Wolf of Wall Street. He was absolutely brilliant in all of them, even in Wolf, where he played a very small role.
Hes doing exactly what Leo and Brad Pitt did for themselves, but for him it seems to have come a lot later in his career. Do the heart throb thing, and then really start acting.

Yeah. He has always shown he could be great with movies such as A Time to Kill and Frailty, but he has even stepped up his game since those performances.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 08:34 AM   #32
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

McConaughey went through a bad stretch of romantic comedy leads, like Failure to Launch, The Wedding Planner, How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days, Ghosts of Girlfriends Past. Ughh. And unfortunately, those are the kind of movies that get circulated on cable forever.

Then he started taking some peculiar roles. I'm sure he made plenty of money on those date movies, and probably felt like he could take some chances. We start seeing him in smaller budget stuff, and smaller roles that are more interesting. The Lincoln Lawyer was excellent. Killer Joe was super weird and pulpy. He had small comic roles in Eastbound and Down and Tropic Thunder where he stole scenes. I haven't seen Mudd but have heard great things. Another supporting role in Magic Mike where he steals every scene he's in. Very short appearance in Wolf of Wallstreet that reminded me a little of Alec Baldwin's epic walkthrough in Glen Gary Glen Ross. An Oscar caliber leading performance in Dallas Buyers Club (A movie I had a few issues with, but none with him or Jared Leto). Now this role in True Detective, and probably an apex as the sort of hand picked lead in Christopher Nolan's new movie Interstellar for next year.

That's a hell of a run that spans comedy and drama in roles that are Oscar bait leading man stuff, to weird character pieces, to small one offs.

And I do believe the guy has always been good. Myth listed a couple good ones. He was chosen by Speilberg for a major role in Amistad. His Wooderson is comic legend from Dazed and Confused.

All that said, I worry about this True Detective role. When Woody tells him to stop saying weird shit, and that the car is for internal reflection, I was right there with him. Although his current day version of Rust Cole seems far more interesting, and the getting from point a to point b on that character may be the most intersting thing the show does.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 09:47 AM   #33
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
No, it is not like the Wire.

Anyone think the reason they brought the cops back is they have suspicions one of them is responsible?

I think if that were the case they wouldn't have shown McConaughey's character the photo at the end. McConaughey and Woody were on this case that consumed them to the point of permanently fracturing their lives. They solve the case and get a conviction and now more than a decade later there's a similar crime. The vibe I'm getting is that the new investigative team is convinced the wrong guy went to prison.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 03:04 AM   #34
Patrick Chewing
Cobra Kai Sensei

Patrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Just saw the first episode. Excellent.

Matt's channeling some Fenton Meeks in this role.

Last edited by Patrick Chewing : 01-19-2014 at 03:07 AM.
Patrick Chewing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 03:20 AM   #35
Beatlezz
Champ;ipnsikp!

Beatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
If we get to see this chick's boobs it will be worth tuning in.

NSFW

http://www.thatdogsblog.com/2014/01/...rue-detective/

Beatlezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 03:27 AM   #36
Patrick Chewing
Cobra Kai Sensei

Patrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Ohhh those are supple.
Patrick Chewing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 08:39 AM   #37
BRabbiT

BRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatlezz

BRabbiT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 08:49 AM   #38
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Nick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatlezz
damn I wanted to see that chicks tits since the first percy jackson movie, it has been like a 4 year wait but it exceeded even my wildest dreams
Nick Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 03:44 AM   #39
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

brandonislegend is considered somewhat coolbrandonislegend is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
If we get to see this chick's boobs it will be worth tuning in.

Just watched episode 2.....was not disappointed...holy shit.
brandonislegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 01:16 PM   #40
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Great second episode.
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 03:13 PM   #41
Crown&Coke
Stay Strong Droth

Crown&Coke has a near all-star reputation hereCrown&Coke has a near all-star reputation hereCrown&Coke has a near all-star reputation hereCrown&Coke has a near all-star reputation hereCrown&Coke has a near all-star reputation hereCrown&Coke has a near all-star reputation here

I like it. I have to admit when I was the trailer like a month ago I thought it was 2 separate shows the way they had McConaughey being clean cut and then him looking like a serial killer from The Hills have Eyes or something

Yesterday's episode confirms that the new cops think Cole did it. But could be a major twist. Marty was talking about "cleaning the soul" when talking about banging that hot chick, foreshadowing?. And he keeps talking about how smart Cole is. Could be diverting the suspicion?

Cole does look like a crazy person, and they know that he is smart. And there was suspicion about him before he got to NOLA when he was in Texas apparently
Crown&Coke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 03:14 PM   #42
Crown&Coke
Stay Strong Droth

Crown&Coke has a near all-star reputation hereCrown&Coke has a near all-star reputation hereCrown&Coke has a near all-star reputation hereCrown&Coke has a near all-star reputation hereCrown&Coke has a near all-star reputation hereCrown&Coke has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonislegend
Just watched episode 2.....was not disappointed...holy shit.

I didn't think they would do it. I'm SOOOO glad I was wrong. She is phenomenal looking
Crown&Coke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 03:21 PM   #43
Beatlezz
Champ;ipnsikp!

Beatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Young
damn I wanted to see that chicks tits since the first percy jackson movie, it has been like a 4 year wait but it exceeded even my wildest dreams

BTE: Best Tits Ever!!!

Beatlezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 03:45 PM   #44
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

brandonislegend is considered somewhat coolbrandonislegend is considered somewhat cool

Those are just ridiculous.
brandonislegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 05:06 PM   #45
STATUTORY
Banned

STATUTORY has decent reputation

cohle definitely tapped Hart's wife sometime during their partnership. that's why they no longer speak. guaranteed
STATUTORY is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: