Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 06-30-2006, 04:34 PM   #16
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
the point is this guy has shown nothing indicating that he has the personality/game that could make him a star

you see, that's why BC has been following him for years....that's also why he's called a GM unlike you big aristotle...who apparently believes he knows everything about bargnani by sitting in front of his computer.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 04:37 PM   #17
TheBigAristotle1
Serious playground baller

TheBigAristotle1 has an OK reputation so far

^^Point to a level of play where Barganni was a star.
TheBigAristotle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 04:41 PM   #18
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

the italian league playoffs...someone already said that, but of course you'd rather not pay attention.

i guess this is your best **** vitale impersonation.

btw, like people have said many times, he wasn't picked totally on potential like skitishvilli. he's gotten a lot of minutes late in the season and has proven he can use his talents in actual games.
Old 06-30-2006, 04:48 PM   #19
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Bottom line is Colangelo picked him. Arguably the top GM in the league said he was his consensus number one pick. If you don't understand that then it's like talking to a wall
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 04:57 PM   #20
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

Default .

i'll even say this.

bargnani is a better player going into his rookie season than villaneuva was.

he probably won't put up the same stats cause of how many forwards we have now, but he already brings more to the table than villa did last year.
Old 06-30-2006, 05:01 PM   #21
TheBigAristotle1

I heard he played well in the Italian League playoffs sure. But was he his teams best player. If he was that justifies a #1 pick (afterall Noah was a consensus #1), if he was just a solid player on a playoff team that doesn't seem like a good justification.

If you know anything about basketball you'd know that it is a lot easier to put up decent numbers on a good team where you aren't the first option and/or are surrounded by excellent talent, then it is to lead a marginal team. If your the best player on your team, especially a bad team, then the defense keys in on you and makes it very difficult to score. Morrison was getting triple teamed every night and still putting up 28 ppg, thats a lot more difficult then being Damon Jones and averaging 17ppg in the Heat Nets series last year.
Old 06-30-2006, 05:16 PM   #22
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

Default .

how bout this. he won the italian playoffs MVP. yep, that should about do it.

he also won the eruo league rising star award for this best young player (or something to that effect).
Old 06-30-2006, 05:33 PM   #23
pirate army
I airball my layups

pirate army has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigAristotle1
an average Italian League player

This is just wrong.

It also bears mentioning that his height and weight have been undersestimated in a lot of internet write-ups, unlike Aldridge and Thomas, who we had exact measurements of from the draft camp.
pirate army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 05:51 PM   #24
TheBigAristotle1

Quote:
how bout this. he won the italian playoffs MVP. yep, that should about do it.

he also won the eruo league rising star award for this best young player (or something to that effect).

This is news to me.

I'll wait to see how his team does in the Euroleague.

If he is like Pau Gasol and actually led his team some where then it's a great pick (can't go wrong with players like that), it's just unproven Eurobigmen are the worst investment in the world.
Old 07-06-2006, 05:25 PM   #25
huppcap
Local High School Star

huppcap has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigAristotle1
This is news to me.

I'll wait to see how his team does in the Euroleague.

If he is like Pau Gasol and actually led his team some where then it's a great pick (can't go wrong with players like that), it's just unproven Eurobigmen are the worst investment in the world.

Time will tell if the pick was nuts.

Just consider that the NCAA and Euroleague are very different. Many NCAA players who are even on top 5 teams and championship teams do not have enough skill/talent and mental toughness to play in the Euro leagues. Bargnani is considered to be the top young player in the Europe.

And there have been no unproven American players that failed.

Next thing you are going to tell me is that Darko Milicic is a failure. The guy just turned 21 last month. He already has 3 years under his belt in the NBA. I am a Raptor fan but Orlando should be excited about the potential together of this Eurobigman and Dwight Howard who are both 7 or 8 years from their prime.
huppcap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 07:59 PM   #26
TheBigAristotle1

Unproven Euro-Bigmen are the worst investment in the world. Seriously best case scenario Darko or Petro. On the other hand you have Skita, Biedrins, Zarko, Martynus, Pavel, etc.

BTW, Saer Sene averaged like 3 ppg in the belgian league.
Old 07-07-2006, 08:00 PM   #27
TheBigAristotle1

One more thing, Pau and Dirk were proven players, Barganni was the MVP that makes him proven. Guys like Pavel were unproven and look how they turned out.
Old 07-08-2006, 01:48 AM   #28
Pointguard01
I airball my layups

Pointguard01 has an OK reputation so far

Supposively he looked impressive in his summer league debut. Forget the 20 points he scored, reports are that he was aggressive, confidence and executed his game on the opponent. Doesnt mean he is going to be a good player, but its definately encouraging signs....

Most players from Europe have the talent, just dont have a game that translates to the NBA and the mental capacity to play well.. Bargnani is well on his way tp proving he does.
Pointguard01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 01:09 PM   #29
Durant Durant
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Durant Durant has an OK reputation so far

If Bargnani continues to work on his defense he will be a very good player. He was a big piece of Spanish teams championship and for being so young on the best team in Europe, he did a damn good job. He has the experience, confidence and skills to be one of the better European players in the game.

He's going to be just fine.
Durant Durant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 01:27 PM   #30
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durant Durant
If Bargnani continues to work on his defense he will be a very good player. He was a big piece of Spanish teams championship and for being so young on the best team in Europe, he did a damn good job. He has the experience, confidence and skills to be one of the better European players in the game.

He's going to be just fine.

Agreed. And the thing with Bargnani is, sure he's got skill and he's showing it in the summerleague, and yeah he needs help on defense, but he's the kinda guy who's gonna work his ass off to be the best he can be. Every interview I saw with him (4 or 5), the main focus in his mind is how hard he has to work to make it in the league. I think he's proven to us that he belongs in the league (his playoffs, workouts, summerleague game), and he isn't at all happy with where he is. I see him being an absolute gym rat, and maybe that will turn him into an all-star or maybe he won't get any better, that is yet to be seen, but what we can all think about now is that he's not gonna give up untill he is the best he can be, and Raptors fans should be brething a sigh of relief, for now, knowing this.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: