Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 11-01-2013, 10:15 PM   #46
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

Default Re: Week 9 Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnoughSaid
All sings pointing to a torn ACL for Geno Atkins. Can't believe this shit. How does the NFL expect their players to be ready for a full game on Thursday after playing a Saturday afternoon game? Boggles my mind. Huge loss but if Hunt can come in and contribute it won't be that bad. Super Bowl chances are getting slimmer and slimmer with these injuries, but I'll be very satisfied if the Benglas just finish around 11-5 and win a Playoff game.

I don't know how the team overcomes this loss. This was one guy they absolutely couldn't afford to lose. Yesterday was the worst day I've experienced as a Bengals fan since that fateful playoff game against the Steelers 8 years ago.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 10:40 PM   #47
Goliath Uterus
Y.G.R.N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarik One
I'm not so certain Denver wins at Arrowhead against KC's front line.

I think you need to actually watch some of the Chiefs games instead of box scores. They are solid and have been stacking up talent for the past 3 seasons. Problem was Romeo Crennel couldn't coach to save his life.

I have watched all of their games this season. They do have a good coach and a very good defense, but the offense is nonexistent. Broncos might lose in KC, but I still think they're the better team and will go farther in the playoffs.
Goliath Uterus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 10:55 PM   #48
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Very good defense? They have the best defense in the league by a sizable amount.

KC matches up extremely well vs. Denvers offense. They have two elite outside rushers, Denver has a weakness at the tackle positions. They have an interior beast and all-pro caliber linebacker....and big, physical corners on the outside to match up. They also have an All-Pro caliber safety who can match up as well as anyone vs. Julius Thomas.

Very interesting game. Can't wait to see it.

Last edited by Carbine : 11-01-2013 at 11:00 PM.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 11:50 PM   #49
jazz873
College star

Offense can only get you so far
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 10:47 AM   #50
Goliath Uterus
Y.G.R.N

^^

having your defense bail you out every game can only get you so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
Very good defense? They have the best defense in the league by a sizable amount.

KC matches up extremely well vs. Denvers offense. They have two elite outside rushers, Denver has a weakness at the tackle positions. They have an interior beast and all-pro caliber linebacker....and big, physical corners on the outside to match up. They also have an All-Pro caliber safety who can match up as well as anyone vs. Julius Thomas.

Very interesting game. Can't wait to see it.

Like I just said, I've watched all their games this year, and I live in Kansas, so I know pretty much everything needs to be known about the Chiefs. I still think the Broncos offense is better than the Chiefs defense, and if the offense is clicking, all we have to do is slow down Jamaal Charles, and get a little bit of pressure on Alex Smith.

All you guys that keep telling me to actually watch the Chiefs games, why don't you take your own advice, and you'd realize that they've been squeeking out victorys against some pretty bad teams. They beat Houston with some favorable officiating and while they had their 3nd string QB out there, barely beat the Titans who started Fitzpatrick, and just barely beat the Browns. the offense reminds me of the Tebow era Broncos.

But yea, should be a great game, I've got a whole lotta $ on the first one, and 50 yardline tix for the one in KC, so they better fvcking win.

Last edited by Goliath Uterus : 11-02-2013 at 10:50 AM.
Old 11-02-2013, 12:25 PM   #51
jazz873
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goliath Uterus
^^

having your defense bail you out every game can only get you so far

Like I just said, I've watched all their games this year, and I live in Kansas, so I know pretty much everything needs to be known about the Chiefs. I still think the Broncos offense is better than the Chiefs defense, and if the offense is clicking, all we have to do is slow down Jamaal Charles, and get a little bit of pressure on Alex Smith.

All you guys that keep telling me to actually watch the Chiefs games, why don't you take your own advice, and you'd realize that they've been squeeking out victorys against some pretty bad teams. They beat Houston with some favorable officiating and while they had their 3nd string QB out there, barely beat the Titans who started Fitzpatrick, and just barely beat the Browns. the offense reminds me of the Tebow era Broncos.

But yea, should be a great game, I've got a whole lotta $ on the first one, and 50 yardline tix for the one in KC, so they better fvcking win.

All I am saying is I watched my favorite team put up 40 points week in and week out a couple years ago. The 2 games they lost were the 2 games the offense couldn't bail the defense out
Old 11-02-2013, 02:19 PM   #52
Goliath Uterus
Y.G.R.N

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz873
All I am saying is I watched my favorite team put up 40 points week in and week out a couple years ago. The 2 games they lost were the 2 games the offense couldn't bail the defense out

not worried about Broncos defense with Miller and Woodyard back, and a bye for Ihenacho and (hopefully) Champ to get healthy. they looked great in that second half against the Redskins, I can only imagine what they'll do to Smith and co.
Old 11-02-2013, 02:23 PM   #53
MavsSuperFan
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goliath Uterus
lose both to Den, at least one to SD, definitely Indy, and Washington. Maybe Oakland. probably 11 wins. not bad, but people won't be calling them the best team in the league anymore.

You have them losing at washington?
dat pass rush vs dat line?

RG3 is going to be sore after that game
MavsSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 02:26 PM   #54
Goliath Uterus
Y.G.R.N

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
You have them losing at washington?
dat pass rush vs dat line?

Griffin will definitely take a beating in that game, but it'll be close. I could see KC losing.
Old 11-02-2013, 04:37 PM   #55
DuMa
Canned

John Fox hospitalized with heart attack.
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 12:37 PM   #56
jazz873
College star

Old 11-03-2013, 12:59 PM   #57
MavsSuperFan
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz873