Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2014, 05:27 PM   #136
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: 2013-2014 Brooklyn Nets Post Game Thread

true true, although i'm happy he's still a presence and is apparently training plumlee to be a KG-junior... doing many of the same things on the court.
Old 03-18-2014, 08:40 PM   #137
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
considering that KG's greatest value might be as a cheerleader at this point, it doesn't seem like too big of a deal.

btw, what do you think PJ's ceiling is with you all? i have a hard time seeing him taking the knicks to the highest pinnacle in the present and foreseeable situation, but maybe i'm just not squinting hard enough. i mean, i love him as a coach, but he also happens to be a maverick who'll be working in an org with a lot of knuckleheads. still... he's phil jackson, and i'm not.
I'm happy so far. Basically our main problem is Dolan has been Cuban and not Dolan, who is a cheerleader who wants to sign checks and occasionally smile when we win. And a day in PJ shoved him aside. he also placated the media (except Isola who although i love him is coming off like a woman today...Phil wasn't hired to be media consultant). And although i think Lebron, Durant , etc. are pipe dreams, if PJ walks into a room, it certainly has cache. A shitload of cache. A Rondo, a Love, complementary pieces. And that's part of being the president.

Basically if he shoves Dolan aside, implements his teachings via a coach (he sounds good) and restores some sanity with the media and such, how much better off are we?

It's like Kidd, we were all wrong about him in one thing. He was implementing a cohesive plan. It wasn't working early on, and it didn't fit the personnel early on, but he had a cohesive plan. And he stuck with it, and it's starting to look smart. Kidd, the new never before head coach Kidd.

PJ has a cohesive plan. Which if you have watched the Knicks this year is a huge step forward.
Old 03-18-2014, 10:35 PM   #138
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

okay, i'm in crisis-- like, i'm crazy about phil jackson... absolutely crazy. he's my absolute idol as a coach.

%#^%#&!#%
Old 03-19-2014, 07:47 AM   #139
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
okay, i'm in crisis-- like, i'm crazy about phil jackson... absolutely crazy. he's my absolute idol as a coach.

%#^%#&!#%
If it makes you feel better i'd rather have a gigantic russian with possible former ties to organized crime who spends money like it's water as my owner.

Netsdaily is all salty about Phil because I think they think (probably so) Brooklyn would do better with him but he's not a Net. He was a Knick. I don't think he wants to burn the bridge with Knick fans as a last career move. If Phil wasn't a Knick way back when he wouldn't sniff us, money or not.

Do you know the NY owners (Dolan and Prokorov) combined probably speak less than most of the NBA owners? How many times total this year? Maybe 4 combined?

Back to Nets talk...bring on the next victim...
Old 03-19-2014, 02:43 PM   #140
gigantes
A piece of fluff

with a knick-knack, paddy-whack, give your dog a bone, this old net went rolling home.
Old 03-22-2014, 08:50 AM   #141
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Nets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Johnson has been scoring big lately! He dropped the Celtic almost by himself in the 3rd. Nets never looked back. Those sleeved Brooklyn dodger blue jerseys weren't too shabby
Old 03-22-2014, 07:16 PM   #142
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nets fan 93
Johnson has been scoring big lately! He dropped the Celtic almost by himself in the 3rd. Nets never looked back. Those sleeved Brooklyn dodger blue jerseys weren't too shabby
I hate sleeved jerseys, those would look dope as regular unis. Do they have them? With the sleeves they look like pajamas.

Arguing with a Net fan (and now Netsdaily), does Plumlee remind you of a young Blake Griffin? No diss on his talent, but his game doesn't resemble Griffin to me at all. I'm getting called an idiot. Am i wrong?
Old 03-22-2014, 07:19 PM   #143
gigantes
A piece of fluff

could you link the argument? netsdaily used to have a fairly high-quality pool for sports fans... it's gotten a lot shallower with time.

the highest-quality SBN fans are on bloodyelbow from what i've seen... except that's MMA, of course.
Old 03-23-2014, 12:51 AM   #144
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Nets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
I hate sleeved jerseys, those would look dope as regular unis. Do they have them? With the sleeves they look like pajamas.

Arguing with a Net fan (and now Netsdaily), does Plumlee remind you of a young Blake Griffin? No diss on his talent, but his game doesn't resemble Griffin to me at all. I'm getting called an idiot. Am i wrong?
Not a huge fan of them. Especially because most of them lack effort. I like the colorway of them though! I wish he could remind me of Blake. Let's not forget Blake was a 20-10 pf from the beginning.

I'm assuming he means how he dunks. His dunks do remind me of Blake's. If you can find a re run of the celtics game there was plenty of times he went up and looked like griffin. But he is no where close to blake.
Old 03-23-2014, 12:52 AM   #145
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

@gigantes- man I miss the old netsdaily man.
Old 03-23-2014, 03:36 AM   #146
gigantes
A piece of fluff

Quote:
every time you get used to something in life...
Old 03-25-2014, 06:20 PM   #147
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
What is up with Netsdaily? ARe they a fan? Someone given access? The person is a bit stanish, i disagreed with something once (he says JJ is the knicks fault, his contract because we signed him to an offer sheet the Hawks had to match. That's pretty much false and i said so and gave a link, and he sent me FIVE DM's calling me names and such. FIVE...a bit nuts...
Old 03-25-2014, 07:01 PM   #148
gigantes
A piece of fluff

oh, the personal acct, not the site itself?

AFAIK all the people with ability write the analysis, while the netsdaily acct is used to post game and site updates. maybe they have some knucklehead doing the job these days.

i do find it kind of weird that a lot of the older guys there still go by their ancient user names, while all the new (publishing) people seem to use their real names.

a long time ago, when i used to post a bit at the NJ.COM board (worst posting software ever) i remember net income used to have some temper issues, typically calling a person a "dunce" if he didn't agree with them... as if he was always in the right, and it was merely their lack of understanding or intelligence that prevented them from agreeing. he did clean up his act over time, though.
Old 03-26-2014, 02:08 PM   #149
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
oh, the personal acct, not the site itself?

AFAIK all the people with ability write the analysis, while the netsdaily acct is used to post game and site updates. maybe they have some knucklehead doing the job these days.

i do find it kind of weird that a lot of the older guys there still go by their ancient user names, while all the new (publishing) people seem to use their real names.

a long time ago, when i used to post a bit at the NJ.COM board (worst posting software ever) i remember net income used to have some temper issues, typically calling a person a "dunce" if he didn't agree with them... as if he was always in the right, and it was merely their lack of understanding or intelligence that prevented them from agreeing. he did clean up his act over time, though.

I think the NY teams (both of them in different ways) basically say "we will give you information but you must do what we say". For the Knicks, that means being bland, vanilla, and not releasing things before they do. They care more about that than criticism. DO NOT SHAKE THE APPLECART.

For the Nets, it's homerism. RAH RAH, CIS BOOM BAH I BLEED BLACK AND WHITE.
Old 03-29-2014, 12:30 PM   #150
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

I thought you meant the actual website as well. Bigger fan of the Brooklyn game website now.

Nets seem to be feeding off the home crowd lately. Huge winning streak at home
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Closed Thread