Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2014, 10:38 PM   #151
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: 2013-2014 Brooklyn Nets Post Game Thread

SMH... did the nets really just beat the rockets and set a record for consecutive wins at home... while qualifying for the playoffs?

with kidd incidentally becoming the 1st-ever nets coach to win two coach of the month awards in a single season?

someone please reach their arm across the internet and pinch me.
Old 04-01-2014, 10:38 PM   #152
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

MTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

14 straight home wins and clinched playoffs berth? We've been on a roll!
Old 04-01-2014, 10:40 PM   #153
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

MTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
SMH... did the nets really just beat the rockets and set a record for consecutive wins at home... while qualifying for the playoffs?

with kidd incidentally becoming the 1st-ever nets coach to win two coach of the month awards in a single season?

someone please reach their arm across the internet and pinch me.
What do you think our ceiling is now?
Old 04-01-2014, 11:53 PM   #154
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTing
What do you think our ceiling is now?
good question.

sadly, my interest in bball keeps dwindling each year, so i don't have a good feel for this team anywhere near like i did in the years of vince, kidd, RJ, etc. oh well.

anyway, it's definitely very impressive to be beating up on western teams this way. a real good sign. very important to sneak in and win the division, though, since the home court has turned in to such a lock.

after that... who knows? the way indy's been falling apart and the bulls underachieving, i could see the nets winning series until they run in to the heat. then they might have to exceed even the level they're playing at now. maybe they can do it. they definitely have the experience, and with KG and AK47 coming back for the playoffs, you have to think there are decent chances.

it will be interesting to see what kidd does with playoff minutes given that rotations are usually shortened on the one hand, while the nets bench has become quite the x-factor OTOH. a good problem to have, though(!)

still pretty hard to see the nets going all the way and beating the spurs, or whoever. i almost don't want to see the nets get to the finals just to see everyone's heart broken in the end, although of course that's coward talk.

what do you think?
Old 04-02-2014, 01:12 AM   #155
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

Quote:
good question.

sadly, my interest in bball keeps dwindling each year, so i don't have a good feel for this team anywhere near like i did in the years of vince, kidd, RJ, etc. oh well.

anyway, it's definitely very impressive to be beating up on western teams this way. a real good sign. very important to sneak in and win the division, though, since the home court has turned in to such a lock.

after that... who knows? the way indy's been falling apart and the bulls underachieving, i could see the nets winning series until they run in to the heat. then they might have to exceed even the level they're playing at now. maybe they can do it. they definitely have the experience, and with KG and AK47 coming back for the playoffs, you have to think there are decent chances.

it will be interesting to see what kidd does with playoff minutes given that rotations are usually shortened on the one hand, while the nets bench has become quite the x-factor OTOH. a good problem to have, though(!)

still pretty hard to see the nets going all the way and beating the spurs, or whoever. i almost don't want to see the nets get to the finals just to see everyone's heart broken in the end, although of course that's coward talk.

what do you think?

Depending on matchups I think we can possibly reach the ECF. I'm still debating on who's a better matchup for us in the 2nd round. While Indy has been struggling I feel like we'd still have problems with Hibbert and West. And while we have beat Miami 3 times already this season, the playoffs are a different animal, especially for LeBron and D-Wade.

Also I think its key to avoid Chicago. Even though we're playing this well, I still don't want to see the Bulls again in the first round.
Old 04-03-2014, 08:17 AM   #156
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Where do you go for postgame news? last night was all "WELL THE KNICKS SUCK TOO" as analysis for the game. I kind of wanted to hear what Kidd thought, etc. but nothing. (Do a lot of Nets not talk to the media? There's very few quotes).

I don't think the loss was a big deal (The Nets were tired and the Knicks badly needed it more) but IMO two things are worrisome a little. The quickness of the Nets to surrender (we're tired, it's the refs fault, **** this game) and related to that, the constant fighting with the refs on a night you got significantly more fouls on the Knicks, more free throws by the Nets. You're going to play Chicago possibly, and they are going to maul you, and if the refs are the enemy, that won't play well.

It's the Knicks strategy for success, OH THE REFS ARE ****ING US, WHINE BITCH WHINE LOSE.
Old 04-03-2014, 12:57 PM   #157
gigantes
A piece of fluff

good job on the big win.

the brooklyn game has loads of postgame articles for this loss. NBA.com used to update a postgame video section, but it looks dead now. maybe youtube if you’re looking for interviews, but good luck finding them.
Old 04-03-2014, 03:41 PM   #158
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
good job on the big win.

the brooklyn game has loads of postgame articles for this loss. NBA.com used to update a postgame video section, but it looks dead now. maybe youtube if you’re looking for interviews, but good luck finding them.
It's weird how little focus the Nets and their beat writers put on post game interviews. I see Kidd very little, Pierce here and there. Blatche sometimes. But only when they say something newsworthy. With the Knicks ill hear Amare, JR, Melo ad naseum. And Woodson every game, before, after.

Ill look at the Brooklyn game next time i want news, thanks. Do they tweet?
Old 04-03-2014, 04:11 PM   #159
gigantes
A piece of fluff

billy king wants it to be all about him, but that's just because he has a big head. :P
https://twitter.com/TheBKGame

i just checked youtube and didn't see anything on the knicks game yet. some people do upload postgame stuff, but it's more like days after the game has occurred. not terribly useful.

i do know what you mean about the waning of postgame vids. i remember it used to feature SOMEWHERE (maybe NJ.com?), but it doesn't seem to be anywhere these days. what's up with that?

since you're posting on ND these days, i think you should definitely ask around there. ask it soon after an article gets posted and you should get 1001 replies. could you let us know the result? (and i do appreciate the irony lol)
Old 04-04-2014, 12:12 PM   #160
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Nets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Kirilenko come back tonight!
Old 04-06-2014, 01:36 AM   #161
gigantes
A piece of fluff

just noticed that the worst playoff team in the west (memphis, 45-31) would be 3rd best in the east. some things never change...
Old 04-06-2014, 03:04 AM   #162
gigantes
A piece of fluff

oh, darn... they misspelled "plumlee."

Old 04-06-2014, 07:50 PM   #163
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
Where do you go for postgame news?
yesnetwork.com posts post game videos of interviews, usually Kidd's post game is posted about an hour after the game

The Brooklyn Game is great because they post videos of plays and other important things that happened during the game. They usually upload really fast.

And of course Nets Daily. Just try to avoid the comments section lol.
Old 04-06-2014, 07:53 PM   #164
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

Quote:
just noticed that the worst playoff team in the west (memphis, 45-31) would be 3rd best in the east. some things never change...
7 teams over .500 in the East is a huge improvement compared to the beginning of this season. As bad as we were I think we were still like only 3 or 4 games out of the playoffs.
Old 04-06-2014, 09:47 PM   #165
gigantes
A piece of fluff

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTing
7 teams over .500 in the East is a huge improvement compared to the beginning of this season. As bad as we were I think we were still like only 3 or 4 games out of the playoffs.
you have a solid career in press and communications if you ever need to fall back on it. :P
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Closed Thread