Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2014, 07:53 PM   #196
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

MTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: 2013-2014 Brooklyn Nets Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
livingston is the biggest re-sign problem, right?

KG-- it would be great if he retired and they brought him back as a big man coach / cheerleader. PP, who knows?

lopez and d-will... i would not be opposed to trading them both to replenish some picks / potential / better health.

the two drays-- would be nice to have them back, and it sounds like they can stay.

IMO just about the biggest offseason factor is finding players who fit the kidd mold. scrappers, hustlers, high BBIQ guys... nets can probably shed a lot of salary and remain just as competitive merely by getting the right guys. the anti-NY formula, so to speak.

I don't think KG will retire. I feel like he won't walk away from $12 mill just to probably play 15-20 minutes a night. Pierce sounded iffy on coming back after the elimination game but I think he'll be back.

I still believe Brook can be an all star when he comes back. I know a lot of people will disagree with that but just my opinion. As for Deron, he's been pretty disappointing so far in Brooklyn. I don't think his trade value is very high right now and I hope he gets those ankles healthy for next season.

I hope we get AK back. We can always use someone like him on our team. I feel like Blatche will look for a multi year contract, something we might not be able to offer him. I wouldn't want him to leave but we have Plumlee as a backup plan.

And I agree, we need to sign some young and athletic players that can run the floor.
Old 05-17-2014, 09:11 PM   #197
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: 2013-2014 Brooklyn Nets Post Game Thread

honestly, i think it's all kind of academic.

d-will just isn't the same player, brook (even when healthy) is questionable as someone to run an offense through, PP and KG are effectively busts considering what it cost to get them, and the nets' young talent has some upside, but not enough upside. IIRC they also lose the armor next season.

king's and prokhy's experiment to overpay and fritter away draft picks is going pretty much the way most people thought it would. IMO you're just not going to win the east with this kind of approach, nevermind the finals.

maybe it's time to bring back keith van horn.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Closed Thread