Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 11-05-2013, 11:19 PM   #31
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

Default Re: 2013-2014 Brooklyn Nets Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
Brook was a beast tonight but only because he decided to man up and ONLY post from the low block and not shoot any jump shots.
He needs to have that mentality every game.

Only two negatives of the game are Blatche with three turnovers ( Nets player high) and 10 FG attempts ( 2nd behind Brook) and Mirza 0-5. I am still asking why was he brought here for?
Mirza's confidence is pretty shot. A lot of his fans at Nets Daily want him traded to another team so he can get playing time but I hope we keep him for the rest of the season at least. I don't mind him being our 3rd string forward, he just needs to be ready to play. I'm gonna assumed JKidd is gonna sit KG some games so Mirza needs to be ready to step up when his name is called.

And I agree on Blatche, he cut down on a lot of dumb moves from last season but there is still some residue. I hope KG or someone lets him know to calm down a bit on the shot selection and iso moves.
MTing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 11:19 PM   #32
gigantes
‪ ‪

nice to see everyone get burn. especially plumlee, who could be a valuable big man in coming years. as in, who knows what you get with blatche or how long he's going to be around?

as with last season, seems like teletovvy needs consistent minutes to get in to game shooting shape. if they can work him in a little more consistently i suspect his comfort level and shooting will approach his real levels.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 02:36 PM   #33
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

Mirza can definitely have a big impact but the nets are so darn deep that there is virtually no time to allocate to him. i don't like how andray is the first guy off the bench. i would like to see reggie be the back-up of kevin because of his rebounding and defense would go great with brook. we have regressed as a rebounding team from last season and that's due to reggie playing very little minutes this season. also, when andray plays with the starters he gets too excited and that leads to foolish results.
It's A VC3!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 02:47 PM   #34
D12"Magic"
College superstar

Blatche tries way to hard to be fancy on the court, sometimes he just needs to make simple plays.

We really need to show up on the road, Wizards could be a problem. We are the better team so their shouldn't be an excuse
D12"Magic" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 04:03 AM   #35
Kiddlovesnets
7-time NBA All-Star

The last four games were basically how much the Nets wanted the games. You may say that the team is better at home than in road games, its not that simple. I wish to see them play with energy, motivation and preparation, thats the difference between wins and losses.
Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 10:04 PM   #36
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

Yep, make no mistake about it. The Nets are the 2012-13 Lakers and NOTHING more. Losses to the Cavaliers and Wizards because of stupid play after stupid play, lack of defense and idiotic KG hoisting shot after shot.. This has gotten beyond infuriating. We're trying to establish an identity and HCA and these couple point losses will do nothing to help our cause. The Nets are at best a second round team. Again "same old Nets". Not even Prokhorov can buy a winning team.
Old 11-09-2013, 02:55 PM   #37
D12"Magic"
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
Yep, make no mistake about it. The Nets are the 2012-13 Lakers and NOTHING more. Losses to the Cavaliers and Wizards because of stupid play after stupid play, lack of defense and idiotic KG hoisting shot after shot.. This has gotten beyond infuriating. We're trying to establish an identity and HCA and these couple point losses will do nothing to help our cause. The Nets are at best a second round team. Again "same old Nets". Not even Prokhorov can buy a winning team.
Yes based off of 5 games in a 82 game season
D12"Magic" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 10:13 PM   #38
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

So another horrid third quarter, a large reason of our loss. And let's thank deron for losing us this game. we're down by three with 52 seconds to go with the ball and he tries to get fancy and turns the ball over and we never score again. in each one of our three losses ( cavs, wizards and pacers) one player has single handily destroyed our crunch time hopes of winning. but deron, kevin and andray are the majority of the time, scrubs.
Old 11-10-2013, 12:54 AM   #39
gigantes
‪ ‪

at least the pacers loss was hard fought against a powerhouse team. i'll take that at this point in the season, but not the one before. i'm going to pretend the washington game never happened. hmph.

Old 11-12-2013, 12:39 PM   #40
niko
I Run NY.

Not threadworthy but AK47 is out for the West Coast Swing, and will be "reevaluated after that". Kidd's words.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 04:23 AM   #41
gigantes
‪ ‪

tough to see KG being torn apart in the nets press so far.

the season is young, the team is trying to work many things out at this point. iím all for calling a man on the carpet, but this is too much. it helps nobody IMO. meh.
Old 11-13-2013, 09:33 AM   #42
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
tough to see KG being torn apart in the nets press so far.

the season is young, the team is trying to work many things out at this point. iím all for calling a man on the carpet, but this is too much. it helps nobody IMO. meh.
Deron is the one I am surprised at how much he is getting called out. There was a trade rumor (that the Nets were shopping him due to him not meshing possibly with KG). On WFAN. The next hour was all people calling up basically saying YEAH DERON SHOULD GO, YEAH DERON IS A PROBLEM, on and on.

I've always wondered when the media would start treating the Nets like a NY team and not an oversight. It's here. The Nets fans must be wondering why the media is being such a bunch of jerks, welcome to NY.

BTW, the Garnett stuff is getting accellerated IMO because he was so standoffish at first with the media, etc. He wanted to be mercenary, total 100% NOTHING BUT BASKETBALL. Set a tone. It came off poorly I think, more so I don't like it here than a basketball tone which is what IMO he meant.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 12:31 AM   #43
gigantes
‪ ‪

hmm, that's interesting.

well at least with d-will, they've had some years to see what he can do, both good and bad. sports fans are not known for their patience, so personally i'd barely notice if the usual gang of idiots behaved like... the usual gang of idiots.

i didn't realise KG had behaved like that, though. i guess the backlash makes sense. personally the only thing i'm really annoyed about is the feud with ray allen and at times, lebron. not only is it silly, but if there's one thing we don't need, it's to cause extra friction with an elite team.
Old 11-14-2013, 03:21 PM   #44
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

I think last night was the worst Nets game I've watched in years.
MTing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 08:02 PM   #45
gigantes
‪ ‪

makes sense to me:
http://www.sbnation.com/2013/11/14/5...e-johnson-hook
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: