Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2014, 03:14 AM   #121
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Kiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: 2013-2014 Brooklyn Nets Post Game Thread

.500 now, sweet. ^^
Old 03-12-2014, 09:46 PM   #122
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

MTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

WHAT A WIN OVER THE DEFENDING CHAMPS
Old 03-13-2014, 03:04 AM   #123
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

pretty astonishing turnaround for this team. from:

- biggest team disaster of the early season
- kidd completely out of his league as a HC
- PP and KG completely washed up
- teletovvy with almost zero trade value
- brook out yet again
- PG play a huge disappointment... again

to:

- one of the hottest teams in 2014 (behind only one or two others?)
- kidd's 'active hands' defensive system catching fire
- PP having games like last night... summoning the old magic
- teletovvy settling in with his 3PT shot and becoming a PITA against the great lebron
- s.dot, plumlee, AK47 and others coming on strong, providing an outstanding bench
- now 3-0 on the season against the double-defending champs... amazing

just amazing, amazing. and it's still difficult to see the nets winning the ECF, but at least the dream has legs again.
Old 03-13-2014, 12:09 PM   #124
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

MTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
pretty astonishing turnaround for this team. from:

- biggest team disaster of the early season
- kidd completely out of his league as a HC
- PP and KG completely washed up
- teletovvy with almost zero trade value
- brook out yet again
- PG play a huge disappointment... again

to:

- one of the hottest teams in 2014 (behind only one or two others?)
- kidd's 'active hands' defensive system catching fire
- PP having games like last night... summoning the old magic
- teletovvy settling in with his 3PT shot and becoming a PITA against the great lebron
- s.dot, plumlee, AK47 and others coming on strong, providing an outstanding bench
- now 3-0 on the season against the double-defending champs... amazing

just amazing, amazing. and it's still difficult to see the nets winning the ECF, but at least the dream has legs again.

We're actually first since 2014 started (23-9 I believe), but I agree with everything you said. As long as we put up a helluva fight in the playoffs I'll be happy with this season.
Old 03-13-2014, 06:01 PM   #125
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

oh, and i like that little move at the end where they brush their hand across their face. althpugh deron needs a little more work on that one.

and gee... isnít it weird how knicks fans arenít flocking over here to congratulate us on the netsí turnaround. you know-- friendly spirit of new york and stuff?

did they all die in a subway accident?? (those poor, poor bastards)
Old 03-14-2014, 03:46 AM   #126
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

Quote:

oh, and i like that little move at the end where they brush their hand across their face. althpugh deron needs a little more work on that one.

and gee... isnít it weird how knicks fans arenít flocking over here to congratulate us on the netsí turnaround. you know-- friendly spirit of new york and stuff?

did they all die in a subway accident?? (those poor, poor bastards)
They are still doing this

Though probably trying to dig it out now because of the recent signing of the Zen Master.
Also we've been really dead at this forum this season so they probably wouldn't think to come here. Even our best friend Niko quit on us.
Old 03-14-2014, 12:43 PM   #127
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Nets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Garnett will be out tomorrow against the wizards and kirilenko will update us after the practice this afternoon. Though I doubt they play kirilenko, he has an ankle sprain. That's a 2 week injury. Washington up next. Wall is scary this year. Balling really hard. I was at the game against Toronto and saw Garnett straight up sprint to the locker room after the Canadian national anthem. He was supposed to play last Monday idk what happened. It wa a great game though. Fans were going crazy
Old 03-14-2014, 05:59 PM   #128
gigantes
A piece of fluff

haha yea, iíll have to nudge niko if he doesnít drop by soon. he usually has something interesting to say about the whole knicks - nets situation.

btw, i just read this comment in the new yormark article:
Quote:
I am a new convert. I was a Knicks fan until Dec 27th.

I joined the Nets bandwagon on Dec 27th. They still stunk back then and they where calling for Jason Kidds head. The reason I abandoned the Knicks is because what they have become. I never wanted to step into the Barclays center but it was by accident that I did. I had a cousin visiting and she wanted to go to MSG to see the Knicks. I wanted to take her but for some reason cheapest tickets for that game was $150. The Nets where playing the Bucks that same night at Barclays and I got descent seats, sec 17 for $45. Anyway I went to the game and I was just impressed with the people who go to Nets games. You have actual normal people. Every time I go to a Nets game I talk with the people around me and have a great time. Iíve been to 14 games since then and Iím 12-2 in that stretch. At MSG the place is filled with people from wall-street and tourists. I even went to two Knicks vs Pacers games in the playoffs last year and was not impressed with the atmosphere at all. Most people go to Knicks games to be seen or conduct business. I didnít want any part of that anymore. I take my sports seriously and I am a NY Giants season ticket holder and a Mets fan who gets a yearly ticket package but I will ignore them for now because Iím getting Nets playoff tickets. Madison Square Garden is not a place where New Yorkers go, itís fake, a facade. The Barclays center is where the real New York is and I really hope the Nets can keep it that way.

by Ajdurk on Mar 14, 2014 | 1:10 AM reply rec (29)
i never realised that was a big aspect of MSG.
Old 03-15-2014, 10:17 PM   #129
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
haha yea, iíll have to nudge niko if he doesnít drop by soon. he usually has something interesting to say about the whole knicks - nets situation.

btw, i just read this comment in the new yormark article:

i never realised that was a big aspect of MSG.
That's a load of crap. Both buildings are very similar. The Nets have the hipster wannabees I'm here to be seen, the Knicks have the wallstreet wanabees I'm here to be seen, but the prices are almost the same (Nets tickets are 75-80% of Knick's prices). It's a really fun atmosphere at Barclays, and i'm not criticizing it but it's a transient crowd, it switches over every game (we always sit in the same place). It's so similar to MSG, albeit less loud and a bit quick (though much less than last year) to rep the visiting team. Net fans are starting to remind me of Met fans (of which I am one) where they constantly try to reassure themselves they are taking over in popularity, even where they are not.

As far as the winning streaks, the Knicks one is what it is. We are playing better, but essentially the Knicks got healthy, everyone is back, and it's way too late. We are going to wind up probably 9th but never get within closer than maybe 2 games. This season was lost awhile ago, but I am really happy about Phil and moving forward. And at least I can watch games without enough beer to send myself into a coman.

The nets, that is much more impressive. I think you are the third best team in the East HOWEVER i hate the Chicago matchup for you. HATE IT. I also don't see any chance you dethonre Indy or Miami, impressive win aside last game. Some things Kidd does though I disagree that they will work well in the playoffs, too much iso will kill you against Chi/Mia/Ind, and Livingston is going to be zoned off of too much. If the shitty beginning was Nets 1.0 and this is Nets 2.0 for the Nets to do damage in the playoffs (which i characterize as a good round 1 win, being competitive in round 2) there almost has to be a 3.0 with less iso, and the bigs much closer to the basket. I don't think that's impossible to happen.

You're not contenders but IMO you are a small notch above the rest of the eastern playoff teams, except Chicago which I think you are better than but the way they play will cause you fits.

Do Net fans watch the Nets and think this is the offense Kidd wants, or has he jsut settled to his personnel and made the best of it? I think it's the latter. Deron's lack of consistency really makes the Nets more of an iso team.

My 29 cents. I rarely get a chance to discuss Nets because there aren't really threads with Net fans, it's mostly It'saVC3 whose bi-polar has gone almost full troll, and that new (fake) Net fan olacino who makes everything a fight. Nets are good. You should be happy, especially where things started.
Old 03-17-2014, 02:18 PM   #130
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Nets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

If I see a nets thread I'll try to post something in the main forum but you rarely see anything other than a lbj, kd, kobe or a refs thread.
Old 03-17-2014, 02:54 PM   #131
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Garnett will be out again tonight dealing with those back spasms
Old 03-17-2014, 03:56 PM   #132
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nets fan 93
Garnett will be out again tonight dealing with those back spasms
Is this concerning anyone yet or no?
Old 03-17-2014, 04:35 PM   #133
gigantes
A piece of fluff

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
That's a load of crap. Both buildings are very similar. The Nets have the hipster wannabees I'm here to be seen, the Knicks have the wallstreet wanabees I'm here to be seen, but the prices are almost the same (Nets tickets are 75-80% of Knick's prices). It's a really fun atmosphere at Barclays, and i'm not criticizing it but it's a transient crowd, it switches over every game (we always sit in the same place). It's so similar to MSG, albeit less loud and a bit quick (though much less than last year) to rep the visiting team. Net fans are starting to remind me of Met fans (of which I am one) where they constantly try to reassure themselves they are taking over in popularity, even where they are not.

As far as the winning streaks, the Knicks one is what it is. We are playing better, but essentially the Knicks got healthy, everyone is back, and it's way too late. We are going to wind up probably 9th but never get within closer than maybe 2 games. This season was lost awhile ago, but I am really happy about Phil and moving forward. And at least I can watch games without enough beer to send myself into a coman.

The nets, that is much more impressive. I think you are the third best team in the East HOWEVER i hate the Chicago matchup for you. HATE IT. I also don't see any chance you dethonre Indy or Miami, impressive win aside last game. Some things Kidd does though I disagree that they will work well in the playoffs, too much iso will kill you against Chi/Mia/Ind, and Livingston is going to be zoned off of too much. If the shitty beginning was Nets 1.0 and this is Nets 2.0 for the Nets to do damage in the playoffs (which i characterize as a good round 1 win, being competitive in round 2) there almost has to be a 3.0 with less iso, and the bigs much closer to the basket. I don't think that's impossible to happen.

You're not contenders but IMO you are a small notch above the rest of the eastern playoff teams, except Chicago which I think you are better than but the way they play will cause you fits.

Do Net fans watch the Nets and think this is the offense Kidd wants, or has he jsut settled to his personnel and made the best of it? I think it's the latter. Deron's lack of consistency really makes the Nets more of an iso team.

My 29 cents. I rarely get a chance to discuss Nets because there aren't really threads with Net fans, it's mostly It'saVC3 whose bi-polar has gone almost full troll, and that new (fake) Net fan olacino who makes everything a fight. Nets are good. You should be happy, especially where things started.
awesome post, thanks for that. didn’t notice until now.

unfortunately i don’t watch games very often because streams are typically crappy and it’s a little late to be buying LP. anyway, i imagine the game threads are decent at real - GM. that’s where i’d go if i wanted to discuss bball. (not sure what the theme of this forums is... guess it’s pokemon or something)

kidd wants to run, btw. maybe in a couple years if he’s still HC he’ll be able to. but the nets also have some tough decisions, namely what to do with their two franchise players. you could make a decent argument for nullifying their contracts and letting them walk... if it was possible.

on tablet, let me post more later.

EDIT: what do you reckon are chicago’s biggest advantages over us?

Last edited by gigantes : 03-17-2014 at 04:38 PM.
Old 03-17-2014, 08:11 PM   #134
gigantes
A piece of fluff

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
Is this concerning anyone yet or no?
considering that KG's greatest value might be as a cheerleader at this point, it doesn't seem like too big of a deal.

btw, what do you think PJ's ceiling is with you all? i have a hard time seeing him taking the knicks to the highest pinnacle in the present and foreseeable situation, but maybe i'm just not squinting hard enough. i mean, i love him as a coach, but he also happens to be a maverick who'll be working in an org with a lot of knuckleheads. still... he's phil jackson, and i'm not.
Old 03-18-2014, 02:40 PM   #135
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

It's concerning me a little. Kirilenko was also out a long time with back problems. The nets need KG more than you'd think. It's not what is on the statsheets but what he actually does on the court. Hard screens, communication, defensive awareness, barks orders on defense. The nets are doing a good job without him but can do better with him
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Closed Thread