Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 12-06-2013, 10:00 PM   #166
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: The Knicks Official Regular Season Game Thread.

We won again
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 10:10 PM   #167
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

bring on the celtics
clyde already predicted another 30 point blowout
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 12:10 AM   #168
el gringos
Good college starter

el gringos has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
Sorry that was a terrible win if you wanted something to change. Now who knows when a team correction will begin
when does chandler come back?

I know ish isn't reality but people here think chandler is some kind of missing link that does all. Sorts of things for the team. Most don't understand how much of a negative be is on geam offense, and they don't have much of an understanding of his ability to rebound.

I still think if healthy he might have enough value to get the pg this team needs. Bargnani is better without chandler than he is with. But I know that's not enough of a reason to deal him- the reason to deal him should be that Carmelo isn't as good with chandler as he is without.

is chandler really good enough to be worth slowing down Carmelo and bargnani? What can chandler bring that Kmart doesn't
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 02:12 AM   #169
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by el gringos
when does chandler come back?

I know ish isn't reality but people here think chandler is some kind of missing link that does all. Sorts of things for the team. Most don't understand how much of a negative be is on geam offense, and they don't have much of an understanding of his ability to rebound.

I still think if healthy he might have enough value to get the pg this team needs. Bargnani is better without chandler than he is with. But I know that's not enough of a reason to deal him- the reason to deal him should be that Carmelo isn't as good with chandler as he is without.

is chandler really good enough to be worth slowing down Carmelo and bargnani? What can chandler bring that Kmart doesn't
Do you know what it takes to win in the playoffs? Defense, Rebounding, Clutch scoring. This team has 3 defenders Chandler, MWP, and Martin. Do you realize that Martin is about 6'8, MWP 6'7 and Chandler 6'11. Chandler looks bad most times because no one else can guard their position. This team has no chance in the playoffs without those 3 elements. You can wax poetic all you like after 2 games but the team goes no where without Chandler in the playoffs.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 07:54 AM   #170
el gringos
Good college starter

el gringos has not been impressing people

Quote:
Do you know what it takes to win in the playoffs? Defense, Rebounding, Clutch scoring. This team has 3 defenders Chandler, MWP, and Martin. Do you realize that Martin is about 6'8, MWP 6'7 and Chandler 6'11. Chandler looks bad most times because no one else can guard their position. This team has no chance in the playoffs without those 3 elements. You can wax poetic all you like after 2 games but the team goes no where without Chandler in the playoffs.
I can't agree with your evaluation of chandler. Who do you think he can defend? Hibbert? Bosh? Does anyone else matter?

"clutch scoring"? Can that be done w ISO ball? You prob want to play Felton, shumpert, Kmart and chandler w Carmelo and then will wonder why its all ISO even w 4 non threats

knocks lost to pacers because of lack of offensive balance and chandler getting abused and not able to rebound or defend. And you want to try the same plan?
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 11:32 AM   #171
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Rameek, Chandler is 7'1, but I definitely agree the team won win squat without him.

But Tyson has to man up as well, if he was that hurt physically that he looked like a Hunts Point prostitute, then he needs to sit down and cross his legs like the female he was resembling out there.

But the team definitely needs more defensive effort for the playoff push should they get there, really no way around it.

But as far as these games go, they need wins, plain and simple.

Happy they got them, got them as a team for the second straight time.

But if it's one negative, they got to clean up there three point defense.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 03:46 PM   #172
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
Rameek, Chandler is 7'1, but I definitely agree the team won win squat without him.

But Tyson has to man up as well, if he was that hurt physically that he looked like a Hunts Point prostitute, then he needs to sit down and cross his legs like the female he was resembling out there.

But the team definitely needs more defensive effort for the playoff push should they get there, really no way around it.

I was going to try and type something inciteful but how the hell can you top this gem?
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 02:25 AM   #173
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Quote:
I can't agree with your evaluation of chandler. Who do you think he can defend? Hibbert? Bosh? Does anyone else matter?

"clutch scoring"? Can that be done w ISO ball? You prob want to play Felton, shumpert, Kmart and chandler w Carmelo and then will wonder why its all ISO even w 4 non threats

knocks lost to pacers because of lack of offensive balance and chandler getting abused and not able to rebound or defend. And you want to try the same plan?
Obviously and which gets greatly ignored was how hurt chandler was last year. He only came back to try to help the team in the playoffs. He barely played in March tried to come back in the beginning of April I believe then tried to gut it out for the playoffs. You really wanted a front court of Kenyon, Melo, Copeland Give me a break people. Some of you need to get a clue. That was the starting front court while Chandler was out is that what everyone wanted for the playoffs

You dont know how terrible the other 4 players on the floor defense is which in turns makes him look worse than what he actually is. He isnt a one man super defender.

I dont know what you talking about ISO ball. Thats purely absurd and makes no sense. I dont want to even try to understand what you talking about.

You can have your own and isolated philosophy about winning playoff games and its your right. The indisputable facts are defensive, rebounding and clutching scoring wins.

Quote:

I am all for effort and I sincerely wanted them to get out the funk but I wanted something to change and losing was the only way it was going to happen.

Last edited by Rameek : 12-08-2013 at 02:30 AM.
Old 12-08-2013, 03:06 AM   #174
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I think every game going forward should have a motivation theme to them.

Todays game? You're last in the division, they are first.

Do something about that.
Old 12-08-2013, 11:03 AM   #175
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

My issue with the "Chandler was hurt" argument is, why isn't the same excuses afforded to Melo then? We actually can point to the surgeries and procedures Melo has had. Not saying Chandler isn't hurt, but we've excused him for things like the flu and having a head cold but don't afford the same excuses when Melo has played an entire year with fluid in his knee and a torn shoulder. C'mon now.

Since I'm on the theme of being consistent. Pablo Prigioni basically eased his way into an unwarranted 1.5 million dollar contract simply because our winning streak coincided with him being in the starting lineup. I've seen people on this very board defend that notion. So why then are we dismissive of the fact that we've went on a winning streak last year with Chandler out of the lineup?

Just be consistent.

End of the day, it's on management to figure stuff out at this point. I think our problems supersede our effort on the court. We lack capable talent, cohesion and preparedness. That has nothing to do with any individual player on the court. That's a front office/coaching staff issue.

Last edited by franchize : 12-08-2013 at 11:45 AM.
Old 12-08-2013, 12:16 PM   #176
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
My issue with the "Chandler was hurt" argument is, why isn't the same excuses afforded to Melo then? We actually can point to the surgeries and procedures Melo has had. Not saying Chandler isn't hurt, but we've excused him for things like the flu and having a head cold but don't afford the same excuses when Melo has played an entire year with fluid in his knee and a torn shoulder. C'mon now.

Since I'm on the theme of being consistent. Pablo Prigioni basically eased his way into an unwarranted 1.5 million dollar contract simply because our winning streak coincided with him being in the starting lineup. I've seen people on this very board defend that notion. So why then are we dismissive of the fact that we've went on a winning streak last year with Chandler out of the lineup?

Just be consistent.

End of the day, it's on management to figure stuff out at this point. I think our problems supersede our effort on the court. We lack capable talent, cohesion and preparedness. That has nothing to do with any individual player on the court. That's a front office/coaching staff issue.
The guy was out the line up from March until April NO ONE HERE besides me knew what the injury was? Some injuries can be masked some others cant. Hey maybe this team would have faired better with Copeland, Martin, Melo as the only bigs with a small dosage of Solomon. We'll never know because Chandler tried. Derek Rose didnt play last year in the playoffs. Got criticized. People said he should have gutted it out sacrificed for the team. Chandler does the same thing for the team but its held against him. No satisfying anyone.

The only reason I brought this back up because people take him for granted and we shouldnt. That goes for our chocolate butterball at PG as well. The team is better with them playing than without them playing.

Please dont tell me about Melo water in the knee. Look how long it took him to get it drained because he's scared of needles.

At the end of the day, Its a management issue Franchize I totally agree!

http://mtvnmobile.vo.llnwd.net/kip0/...ral_Videos_mob

At the end of the day, sometimes people go skiing...
At the end of the day, guys have a pee pee girls have a woo woo!
Old 12-08-2013, 12:21 PM   #177
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Quote:

I will say this I do like the team with Bargs on the floor with Chandler and Melo personally. If the coach could find a way to make it work. The problem is Chandler isnt an effort rebounder more of a "in position" rebounder.
Old 12-08-2013, 04:07 PM   #178
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
The guy was out the line up from March until April NO ONE HERE besides me knew what the injury was? Some injuries can be masked some others cant. Hey maybe this team would have faired better with Copeland, Martin, Melo as the only bigs with a small dosage of Solomon. We'll never know because Chandler tried. Derek Rose didnt play last year in the playoffs. Got criticized. People said he should have gutted it out sacrificed for the team. Chandler does the same thing for the team but its held against him. No satisfying anyone.

The only reason I brought this back up because people take him for granted and we shouldnt. That goes for our chocolate butterball at PG as well. The team is better with them playing than without them playing.

Please dont tell me about Melo water in the knee. Look how long it took him to get it drained because he's scared of needles.

At the end of the day, Its a management issue Franchize I totally agree!

http://mtvnmobile.vo.llnwd.net/kip0/...ral_Videos_mob

At the end of the day, sometimes people go skiing...
At the end of the day, guys have a pee pee girls have a woo woo!

I never got on anyone for being injured. In fact, I thought Rose did the right thing. I'm just saying you can't applaud one guy for playing injured but then not afford the next man the same excuse. People gave Chandler a pass for having the flu but don't do the same for Melo having a torn shoulder. Cmon.

I don't take chandler for granted. i think he's overrated but we certainly need him.
Old 12-08-2013, 05:16 PM   #179
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
I never got on anyone for being injured. In fact, I thought Rose did the right thing. I'm just saying you can't applaud one guy for playing injured but then not afford the next man the same excuse. People gave Chandler a pass for having the flu but don't do the same for Melo having a torn shoulder. Cmon.

I don't take chandler for granted. i think he's overrated but we certainly need him.
Ironically I think Melo is overrated, and we could lose no worse without him.

But even though both players were injured, one clearly was affected, while the other still kept shooting....and actually only showed pain when hit, not when taking his shots.

Melo doesnt take care of his body like he should, he should have corrected the shoulder, instead of the method he used since his shot clearly is not there....and thats with playing hurt with the hammy the year prior while the team was still losing with him on the court, then struggling while playing hurt with the knee, and the team losing then as well.

See where I'm getting at? The team is still losing.

Bottom line both guys should have sat down, not just Tyson.

I seriously would suggest Melo sit down now...he cant shoot anymore.

The team certainly cant do worse...they are third from last anyway.
Old 12-09-2013, 10:46 AM   #180
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Ironically I think Melo is overrated, and we could lose no worse without him.

But even though both players were injured, one clearly was affected, while the other still kept shooting....and actually only showed pain when hit, not when taking his shots.

Melo doesnt take care of his body like he should, he should have corrected the shoulder, instead of the method he used since his shot clearly is not there....and thats with playing hurt with the hammy the year prior while the team was still losing with him on the court, then struggling while playing hurt with the knee, and the team losing then as well.

See where I'm getting at? The team is still losing.

Bottom line both guys should have sat down, not just Tyson.

I seriously would suggest Melo sit down now...he cant shoot anymore.

The team certainly cant do worse...they are third from last anyway.

If Chandler or any other Knick played hurt, everyone would be on their dick about how tough they are. Melo plays hurt and gets criticized. But if he sat everytime he was injured, he'd be criticized to. I'm going to say this again. The next time you guys complain as to why "nobody wants to come here"....go look in the mirror lol We have the worse fan base in sports.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: