Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 12-09-2013, 12:19 PM   #181
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: The Knicks Official Regular Season Game Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
If Chandler or any other Knick played hurt, everyone would be on their dick about how tough they are. Melo plays hurt and gets criticized. But if he sat everytime he was injured, he'd be criticized to. I'm going to say this again. The next time you guys complain as to why "nobody wants to come here"....go look in the mirror lol We have the worse fan base in sports.
This is a crock of crap. You bashed everyone except the player that should be held most accountable.

Fans arent the reason a FA doesnt come or go. Thats some el gringos rationale bro. Weak sauce to the rim gets swatted to the cheap seats. You're better than that!

At the end of the day.... I was talking about Chandler playing with more than just a flu broham! No player is out almost 2 months with a flu. Melo knee and shoulder is manageable.

Melo is the best player the Knicks has had in years. He is a fantasy team superstar. He should be the 2nd best player or 3rd or 4th or 5th etc on a team that expects to win.

At the end of the day.... I dont think the Knicks will put the necessary pieces around him or someone potentially a better leader until Stat is gone. He has to decide whether he can wait for that or walk away.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 03:25 PM   #182
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

Hey, simmer down in here. Everybody love everybody.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 03:52 PM   #183
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
This is a crock of crap. You bashed everyone except the player that should be held most accountable.

Fans arent the reason a FA doesnt come or go. Thats some el gringos rationale bro. Weak sauce to the rim gets swatted to the cheap seats. You're better than that!

At the end of the day.... I was talking about Chandler playing with more than just a flu broham! No player is out almost 2 months with a flu. Melo knee and shoulder is manageable.

Melo is the best player the Knicks has had in years. He is a fantasy team superstar. He should be the 2nd best player or 3rd or 4th or 5th etc on a team that expects to win.

At the end of the day.... I dont think the Knicks will put the necessary pieces around him or someone potentially a better leader until Stat is gone. He has to decide whether he can wait for that or walk away.

So explain to me what was the reasoning behind Chandler's performance against Miami in the playoffs again.

And I have bashed Melo before. I just find it ironic that the best player we've had since Ewing also happens to be the most criticized....just like Ewing was. I saw how that story ended. Our city treated Ewing like shit until he retired. Just like Melo, Ewing played with a lot of BUMS. And why exactly should Melo "be held most accountable?" That alone explains my point. Amare Stoudemire gets paid just as much as him and hasn't done jack shit even when healthy in YEARS.

End of the day, Melo is top 5 at his position. The players ahead of him aren't attainable via trade or free agency. They didn't want to come here. He did. Period.

I bash other players a lot because they deserve it. We lack talent and they are "the lack their of". The whole "it's Melo's fault" shit is getting old and wack. When everyone was on Gallo's jock and we were losing every season, where was these same criticisms? We sucked for a decade and now we get someone worth talking about to play for this piece of shit fan base and we want to run him out of town. But then with the same face love guys like Novak, Shitioni, Ward, Jeffries, Kidd etc. Shit don't make sense to me man. It never will.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 07:03 PM   #184
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Amare is a dead man walking, we all know it, but unlike Melo Amare only took Dolans money....we lost no assets to acquire him.

Right now this team stinks really dog shit bad, and every single move they make compunds it even worse to surround the team around a player who isnt a #1 option or a leader.

I dont even care about the player traded for him, imo they are replaced already and he's better than them individually.

But if the Knicks have to hand over one of those once in a lifetime players to Denver via lotto pick because Melo cannot will this team to the playoffs, I will be one pissed maphucker.

Then this draft is deep anyway, so chances are we might have to give up a good player anyway.

When you make max dollars and step on the court...get the job done.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 07:06 PM   #185
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
End of the day, Melo is top 5 at his position. The players ahead of him aren't attainable via trade or free agency. They didn't want to come here. He did. Period.
You mean small forward, right? Because Anthony's spot on the floor - in some ways through no fault of his own - has been nebulous for a while now. I figured it would be more clear this year, but Woodson seems as confused as anybody.
Old 12-10-2013, 02:18 AM   #186
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected poster

Sorry but if you dont know why Chandler was out almost 2 months before the playoffs dont really know what to tell you.

You cant be paid 20 plus million dollars and not be the best player on the floor every night. You act like there are bunch of small forwards in the league that teams build around. That isnt the case. So top 5 at his position means JACKandShat broham. The guy isnt built to carry a team. There is nothing wrong with that. Not many players are built like that. The guy isnt built to win games offensively or defensively. Their arent too many guys in the league can take over games win the team needs it to keep things close or to close out games. The guy isnt built that way. So once you accept that then its fine. To be the best player since Ewing (which I disagree with Sprewell was better IMHO) he doesnt equate to the lofty standards nor does he have that elite pedigree that you so richly want bestow upon him.

At the end of the day.... He may be the best player the Knicks has had in a while doesnt mean he is the best player to deliver this team to glory or carry this team.

I have no qualms about his limitations. I'm just sick of this top superstar crap people want to label him as. I get sick of the offensive elite garbage scoring I keep hearing. Scoring titles and no W's means nothing to me.

The guy shouldnt be the best player on a great team. The guy needs help. If his shot doesnt fall he is useless. When a real star shot isnt falling they may or may not keep shooting but they will still impact the game in some capacity that will contribute to winning. This is what makes JR a loser.

At the end of the day.... Like Knickcity says, "The team needs better players so we lose but when your best player isnt the best player on the floor the team will lose with or without him!"
Old 12-10-2013, 08:48 AM   #187
el gringos
Decent college freshman

el gringos is starting to rub some people the wrong way

How did the knicks play when chandler was out that long stretch late last season? Prob pretty bad right?

Sprewell better than Carmelo...................

chandler coming back won't make a big enough difference. Pg and coach would- even if that meant losing chandler. Your meltdown won't change that no matter how terrible your opinion of Carmelo is, or how great chandler and his impact is.

crazy how one guys injuries are a non factor but the other guy is a warrior for playing through his. Its too bad you weren't being rational
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 10:21 AM   #188
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Quote:
Originally Posted by el gringos
How did the knicks play when chandler was out that long stretch late last season? Prob pretty bad right?

Sprewell better than Carmelo...................

chandler coming back won't make a big enough difference. Pg and coach would- even if that meant losing chandler. Your meltdown won't change that no matter how terrible your opinion of Carmelo is, or how great chandler and his impact is.

crazy how one guys injuries are a non factor but the other guy is a warrior for playing through his. Its too bad you weren't being rational
IT's THE PLAYOFFS not REGULAR SEASON you do know there is a distinct difference between level of play and quality of teams. Like I said ANYONE HERE would feel good of a front court of Martin, Melo, Copeland, and some Solomon thats good for you (these are the players who started and played during that hot streak at the end of the season). Find any other legit person on this forum to support your notion and I'll back off it.

I know what Melo injuries was... Water in the knee you get a needle drain it keep it moving. A strain in the shoulder you can manage that. But the guy didnt play any different before or after those injuries.

Saying Chandler only had the flu is crazy.

Melo plays like crap in the playoffs and its everyone else fault? So the highest paid player on the team who is suppose to be "THE MAN" is injured plays terrible giving the team no chance to win. Chandler plays injured after damn near 2 months off and its all his fault. Or its everyone else fault that Melo isnt as great as all of you believe.

This is where we disagree at. MELO IS NOT GREAT OR ELITE. He is not good enough to carry a team. He isnt what some of you are making him out to be. Franchize keeps rambling about him being a top 5 SF. That really means nothing in the grand scheme of things when only a couple of teams are built around or has developed a franchise type player at that position. I mean in all honesty there are only 3 SF's to really speak of anyways in LBJ, Durant and Paul George. So he's top 4 so what?

The bottom line is the guy isnt that great so this team needs a significant upgrade in talent in every position. I am not saying trade Melo but he isnt a Max guy in any capacity so I rather him walk than give a pseudo star all that money and he cant lead this team to anything.

When CP3 was in NO you can see how he carried and lead team. It didnt translate to W's because the players around him were not that good. It was clear his leadership and abilities but the roster around him was too terrible to get W's. LBJ same way. Shoot KLove and LBJ same thing. But Melo doesnt play on that level and the team loses. There is a difference.

I forgot.... At the end of the day most people have 2 arms

Last edited by Rameek : 12-10-2013 at 10:30 AM.
Old 12-10-2013, 10:50 AM   #189
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
IT's THE PLAYOFFS not REGULAR SEASON you do know there is a distinct difference between level of play and quality of teams. Like I said ANYONE HERE would feel good of a front court of Martin, Melo, Copeland, and some Solomon thats good for you. Find any other legit person on this forum to support your notion and I'll back off it.

I know what Melo injuries was... Water in the knee you get a needle drain it keep it moving. A strain in the shoulder you can manage that. But the guy didnt play any different before or after those injuries.

Saying Chandler only had the flu is crazy.

Melo plays like crap in the playoffs and its everyone else fault? So the highest paid player on the team who is suppose to be "THE MAN" is injured plays terrible giving the team no chance to win. Chandler plays injured after damn near 2 months off and its all his fault. Or its everyone else fault that Melo isnt as great as all of you believe.

This is where we disagree at. MELO IS NOT GREAT OR ELITE. He is not good enough to carry a team. He isnt what some of you are making him out to be. Franchize keeps rambling about him being a top 5 SF. That really means nothing in the grand scheme of things when only a couple of teams are built around or has developed a franchise type player at that position. I mean in all honesty there are only 3 SF's to really speak of anyways in LBJ, Durant and Paul George. So he's top 4 so what?

The bottom line is the guy isnt that great so this team needs a significant upgrade in talent in every position. I am not saying trade Melo but he isnt a Max guy in any capacity so I rather him walk than give a pseudo star all that money and he cant lead this team to anything.

When CP3 was in NO you can see how he carried and lead team. It didnt translate to W's because the players around him were not that good. It was clear his leadership and abilities but the roster around him was too terrible to get W's. LBJ same way. Shoot KLove and LBJ same thing. But Melo doesnt play on that level and the team loses. There is a difference.

I forgot.... At the end of the day most people have 2 arms

#1 When did I say anything about Solomon? Or anything about that lineup for that matter? You must be confusing my argument with someone else's and combining them. I had nothing to do with that.

#2 As for Melo's knee, it was NOT just water in his knee. Furthermore, just getting it drained is NOT the correct way to fix it. He should have sat. As I explained before, when you have fluid in your knee, draining it is a temporary solution. Amare's last 2 knee issues began with fluid on his knees. He didn't correctly identify the problem. The fluid built up because he was still playing. Eventually, it wears on the bones within the knee. My pops had the same thing happen to him. Secondly, Melo didn't have just a shoulder strain. He had a shoulder TEAR. Two totally different things.

#3 In the playoffs vs Miami, that was his reasoning for not doing anything. I'm not referring to last post season. Last post season he was injured. Vs Miami he was "sick".

#4 "I mean in all honesty there are only 3 SF's to really speak of anyways in LBJ, Durant and Paul George. So he's top 4 so what?" WE DO NOT HAVE THEM ON OUR TEAM!!!! THEY AREN'T COMING HERE!!!!!!! So, as Knicks fans, are we going to suck their ***** and cry about Melo not being them? And Paul George ain't up there with those other 2. He's having a great year but I've seen him be just as inefficient as yall blame Melo when Indiana's offense stalls. I've seen him disappear in playoff games. Difference is, Indiana has WAY more talent than we do. CLEARLY. NO DEBATING. So if I'm "rambling" then so be it. And for the record, yall would be criticizing all of those guys as well if they were on this team because we'd STILL be losing. WE DO NOT HAVE TALENT. And we STILL won 50+ games last year so I ask you...how in the **** is that not "carrying your team?" Take Melo off of the Knicks last year and those guys off of their respective teams and they'd beat the breaks off of us in a series.

#5 With all due respect...this is where you will be exposed for hypocrisy. CP3 is a great player. But why is everyone on his dick as this great winner. Was I in a coma when he went further in the playoffs than Melo? Correct me if I'm wrong but did Melo not play in a WCF. Chris Paul have rings I don't know about? I know for damn sure I'd take the Clippers roster without Paul over the Knicks without Melo. That's for damn sure. And Kevin Love has't even made the playoffs yet. Miss me with that garbage.

Last edited by franchize : 12-10-2013 at 11:37 AM.
Old 12-10-2013, 12:52 PM   #190
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The Denver melo is hstory, that player has yet to suit up for the Knicks.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 01:08 PM   #191
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
The Denver melo is hstory, that player has yet to suit up for the Knicks.
But the player who's led his undermanned team to over 50+ while leading the league in scoring has.
Old 12-10-2013, 01:23 PM   #192
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

I think the Knicks' outside shooting was their biggest asset last season, and one of the the most indicative bellwethers. When their 3 pointers slumped, so did their victories. This year they aren't getting much offense from anywhere.
Old 12-10-2013, 10:17 PM   #193
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

its our pg position, none of the 3 guys can drive consistently into the paint for 48 minutes, they get tired so fast maybe cause of their age, weight problems, or lack of desire, that they regulate to dumping the offense solely on melo trying to bail their sorry ass out or regulate to a game of hot potato around the arc till one of them decides they have enough room for a shot
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 12:22 AM   #194
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

14 points on 6 of 17 shooting from Felton, Prigioni and Shumpert. Not exactly the production you expect out of the back court of a winning team.

Not to mention, only 3 people shot over 50%

All I want for Christmas is a quality PG

We should try and get Kyle Lowry who is on the trade block in Toronto.
Old 12-11-2013, 02:52 AM   #195
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

We should try and get Kyle Lowry who is on the trade block in Toronto.

100% yes but do you think we can?

The Raptors just dumped the salary of Rudy Gay and it appears they are positioning themselves to maintain cap space. Lowry is an expiring contract so in return they will probably look for draft picks, which we dont have or Shumpert in return.

But Shumpert and Lowry's contracts dont match up. Adding Felton brings the salaries pretty close, but do the Raptors want to pay him 4 million in 2014, when the rest of their contracts are coming off the books? I doubt it.

I'm sure other teams will put up better offers for a quality PG like Lowry.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: