Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 12-11-2013, 12:47 PM   #196
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Default Re: The Knicks Official Regular Season Game Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
But the player who's led his undermanned team to over 50+ while leading the league in scoring has.
Id debate the word led, but ironically same core and coach.

Went from one of the best to one of the worst.

Makes you wonder.......the fluke comes to mind.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 01:36 PM   #197
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
Id debate the word led, but ironically same core and coach.

Went from one of the best to one of the worst.

Makes you wonder.......the fluke comes to mind.

No it makes YOU wonder lol. Only thing it makes me wonder is if he'd ever be respected regardless. Just saying.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 01:37 PM   #198
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
#1 When did I say anything about Solomon? Or anything about that lineup for that matter? You must be confusing my argument with someone else's and combining them. I had nothing to do with that.

#2 As for Melo's knee, it was NOT just water in his knee. Furthermore, just getting it drained is NOT the correct way to fix it. He should have sat. As I explained before, when you have fluid in your knee, draining it is a temporary solution. Amare's last 2 knee issues began with fluid on his knees. He didn't correctly identify the problem. The fluid built up because he was still playing. Eventually, it wears on the bones within the knee. My pops had the same thing happen to him. Secondly, Melo didn't have just a shoulder strain. He had a shoulder TEAR. Two totally different things.

#3 In the playoffs vs Miami, that was his reasoning for not doing anything. I'm not referring to last post season. Last post season he was injured. Vs Miami he was "sick".

#4 "I mean in all honesty there are only 3 SF's to really speak of anyways in LBJ, Durant and Paul George. So he's top 4 so what?" WE DO NOT HAVE THEM ON OUR TEAM!!!! THEY AREN'T COMING HERE!!!!!!! So, as Knicks fans, are we going to suck their ***** and cry about Melo not being them? And Paul George ain't up there with those other 2. He's having a great year but I've seen him be just as inefficient as yall blame Melo when Indiana's offense stalls. I've seen him disappear in playoff games. Difference is, Indiana has WAY more talent than we do. CLEARLY. NO DEBATING. So if I'm "rambling" then so be it. And for the record, yall would be criticizing all of those guys as well if they were on this team because we'd STILL be losing. WE DO NOT HAVE TALENT. And we STILL won 50+ games last year so I ask you...how in the **** is that not "carrying your team?" Take Melo off of the Knicks last year and those guys off of their respective teams and they'd beat the breaks off of us in a series.

#5 With all due respect...this is where you will be exposed for hypocrisy. CP3 is a great player. But why is everyone on his dick as this great winner. Was I in a coma when he went further in the playoffs than Melo? Correct me if I'm wrong but did Melo not play in a WCF. Chris Paul have rings I don't know about? I know for damn sure I'd take the Clippers roster without Paul over the Knicks without Melo. That's for damn sure. And Kevin Love has't even made the playoffs yet. Miss me with that garbage.
What did Melo do to fix the knee? A strain is a tear.

I never asked for those players in Durant LBJ or PG. So you didnt bother reading what I wrote. Your comment about CP3 you need to read what I wrote. You interpret wrong instead of dealing with what I said.

Bottom line is (aka At the End of the Day) if Melo led this team or was the superstar you claimed him to be then NO ONE would fault him for as much because he leaves it on the court every night. This guy is not a leader, he doesnt really make anyone on the court better (even though the talent isnt really there). He is not a MAX guy. I am not advocating trading him initiated by the team but if he wants MAX money then get what you can for him.

He is not the solution for this team to be great. He needs a lot more help. The team around him isnt that great but thats when you see your superstars lead a team on the court and in the locker room. He isnt that guy. So dont give him MAX money and get better players around him. This team cant have the highest paid player be Melo.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 03:24 PM   #199
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Do not confuse what I am saying. It is not Melo's fault that his teammates suck and the front office is a mess and the coach isnt better .
On the court though he is not a 22 Million dollar player. He is the result of the Front Office debacle. Stat didnt give himself 21 million dollars on an uninsured contract that everyone in the league knew he couldnt survive or even be healthy enough to play.
He just isnt the center piece needed IMHO to be a championship club.

Last edited by Rameek : 12-11-2013 at 03:27 PM.
Old 12-11-2013, 04:39 PM   #200
el gringos
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
Do not confuse what I am saying. It is not Melo's fault that his teammates suck and the front office is a mess and the coach isnt better .
On the court though he is not a 22 Million dollar player. He is the result of the Front Office debacle. Stat didnt give himself 21 million dollars on an uninsured contract that everyone in the league knew he couldnt survive or even be healthy enough to play.
He just isnt the center piece needed IMHO to be a championship club.
how can it not be confusing. You can say you can't blame cp3 for not winning because his teammates just aren't good enough. Carmelos not good enough to win though. But now your saying his teammates aren't good enough.

but its not worth finding a way to get a pg that can be one of the best 2-4 players on the team and see if that makes a difference?

you surround Carmelo with non offensive options and you already know what you get. Surround him w some capable offensive threats and you are sure that won't get a different Carmelo.

its just crazy to me that so many want to force Carmelo and Jr into roles that you then get so frustrated by. Sticking w Jr as a starter would have made a difference. You'd get a more all around performance.

you'd rather dump Carmelo than ever trying to build around him. I can't see how its not worth giving it a try. And if you think they have its clear that you don't understand that its not a video game.

knocks problem is the players not understanding their roles- that is a clear indication of poor coaching and low IQ players. That CAN Be fixed. Felton shumpert and chandler are not willing to be role players- they think they are stars. It takes alot of reading ish and little understanding of the game to believe that shumpert and chandler are as good as many here think they are. The best 3 players on the team are Carmelo, bargnani, and Jr. Get some guys to compliment them.
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 05:43 PM   #201
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Quote:
Originally Posted by el gringos
how can it not be confusing. You can say you can't blame cp3 for not winning because his teammates just aren't good enough. Carmelos not good enough to win though. But now your saying his teammates aren't good enough.

but its not worth finding a way to get a pg that can be one of the best 2-4 players on the team and see if that makes a difference?

you surround Carmelo with non offensive options and you already know what you get. Surround him w some capable offensive threats and you are sure that won't get a different Carmelo.

its just crazy to me that so many want to force Carmelo and Jr into roles that you then get so frustrated by. Sticking w Jr as a starter would have made a difference. You'd get a more all around performance.

you'd rather dump Carmelo than ever trying to build around him. I can't see how its not worth giving it a try. And if you think they have its clear that you don't understand that its not a video game.

knocks problem is the players not understanding their roles- that is a clear indication of poor coaching and low IQ players. That CAN Be fixed. Felton shumpert and chandler are not willing to be role players- they think they are stars. It takes alot of reading ish and little understanding of the game to believe that shumpert and chandler are as good as many here think they are. The best 3 players on the team are Carmelo, bargnani, and Jr. Get some guys to compliment them.
My argument isnt that Melo doesnt share the blame. My argument is that he is not worth 22million dollars when he isnt a leader. He isnt the face of the franchise. He isnt worth building around for 22 million dollars HELL NO. Its not worth it. Get what you can from him because he isnt a franchise player. If he wants a max deal.

I'm not asking him to be CP3, LBJ, Durant... He needs to be the best player on the floor at all times. He has to be a leader. He has to be the face of the franchise. He has contribute to winning or a winning mentality.

He is not built that way but he is paid that way. You cant make this guy into those other players I know this but stop boosting him up his F'ing status as well. You can not absolve him of blame but heap the glory of an elite player. He has to accept all the responsibility of his play.

Dolan hasnt kept his hands off the franchise but hasnt hired the right people to take control. He will never ever do that and no one of quality will ever take this job again.

In the same vain I am also saying that he is playing with low quality players. That isnt his fault. That's the President/GM (who got fired) fault.

Who starts or doesnt start is based on what the coach is given for personnel. What the coach does with the personnel is Woody's fault.

Melo not being the best player on the court regardless of who he is out there is his own fault.

Don't try to hide Melo's weaknesses behind less talented players.

Last edited by Rameek : 12-11-2013 at 05:45 PM.
Old 12-11-2013, 06:48 PM   #202
kNicKz
word

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQu_T6-tBZk#t=361

kNicKz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 11:05 PM   #203
Rameek
Krust Kingz

great effort tonight by the high price players!!!!!!!!
Old 12-12-2013, 07:02 AM   #204
Clutch
NBA Legend

I got drunk last night so I missed most of the game (I only watched a few minutes of the 3rd quarter then I fell asleep ).

I guess that's the good luck charm. I'll try to get drunk again on Friday,maybe it will work. That's a win-win situation. Even if they play like crap being drunk will make this team watchable

But seriously,I'll re-watch the game now. This was a much needed win. We need to get some kind of a streak going,we're too much behind just to play .500 ball rest of the way.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 08:53 AM   #205
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
A strain is a tear.

A tear is a severe strain. A strain isn't necessarily a tear sir.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 10:45 AM   #206
Clutch
NBA Legend

I re-watched the game and there are some good and some bad things.

First of all,the Bulls team we played lacked talent but they played hard. I'm glad the Knicks took the game seriously and came out with effort. What I don't like is the way we finished the game. ISO Melo. That's all. No movement,just iso's. Even if we make the playoffs we aren't beating anyone respectable with that kind of play.
What I like is Amare finally being useful. He was great on the offensive end and actually played some defense and grabbed some boards. Prigioni needs to stop being so afraid to shoot. He passed up a wide open shot at least 3-4 times just to give the ball to J.R./Melo/Hardaway to chuck up contested long jumper.
Also that Kenyon block party was fun to watch
Old 12-12-2013, 12:14 PM   #207
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Hilarity!!!!

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=319331

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=319392

NY fan in Indiana hilarious stuff

Last edited by Rameek : 12-12-2013 at 12:24 PM.
Old 12-16-2013, 10:01 PM   #208
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

I don't even.

Last edited by Scoooter : 12-16-2013 at 10:07 PM.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 10:31 PM   #209
Clutch
NBA Legend

At first I was like -

Then I realized we suck,have no picks and won't even make the playoffs so I decided that laughing is better than crying so:

Knicks
Old 12-16-2013, 11:03 PM   #210
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

i have seen enough of these dudes.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: