Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-03-2013, 02:47 PM   #31
reppy
Apparently likes anime

reppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Post your favorite soul-crushing, depressing songs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bano114
Nirvana- Where Did You Sleep Last Night (live)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaCzydWesVA

Damn, I haven't heard this song in ages.
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 04:09 AM   #32
reppy
Apparently likes anime

reppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation here

I was growing a little worried that people were becoming too happy on ISH. So now I have another set of tunes for ya'll.

Woods of Ypres - Finality

Really, if you only listen to one song I make in this post.. this should be it. This song gives me the chills. I've probably listened to it like 50 times in the past 2 days.

When we have all gone, to the silence of eternity...
To first be forgotten, and lost in, the records of the earth
Could I still miss you, then, in the time and space after life
When no one is searching anymore, and where we are nowhere to be found

We didn't spend our life together
and I will miss you forever

The choice was mine, To long for a time, that will never come
Though we leave the world apart, I, still went peacefully, quietly,
with you, still, firmly... in my heart.

I will wait forever. I wait...

Bonus: There are a couple cool covers of this song, here and here.

The Wounded - Smells Like Teen Spirit

A very slow and heavy cover of Nirvana's track from a doom/goth metal band.

Primordial - Gallows Hymn

Doom/black metal band that focuses mostly on historical events and times. Clean vocals make it a little easier to get into for people that dislike growls/screams/whatever.

Agalloch - Black Lake Nišstång

This song is almost 18 minutes long, so not the most accessible. But I really enjoy it.

This part at 7:20 is my favorite part of the song. So if you're super impatient but still mildly curious you can skip ahead.

"I've sent this peril...
To the world; this peril shall spread all sorrows
And you are but gods
watching from below at the base of the totem
in the black temple of the Earth
I am...I am the silence inside the tomb
You created the stars
and gave birth to all the heavens;
the darkness of space and time
So go...go to the nightside end below"

Arrowwood - All Things Rise

Awesome folk band with a great female vocalist. Her singing in this song is very soft, which adds to the atmosphere.

Ah... All things rise, rise to fall
Ah... Chaos comes as close as breath
Within the shadows, the eyes of death watching, once warm in a clover sweet now so cold in the dark ground
Ah... Still hearts in shallows fall into the grave

Bonus: A cover of this song performed by black metal band When Bitter Spring Sleeps.
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 05:20 AM   #33
ROCSteady
~NO FATE~

ROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Seawolf- Middle Distance Runner
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmJgdQwrG1Y

Okkervil River- Black Sheep Boy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MX11N9YGk_U

Ed Sheeran- The A Team
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KlOodL9Gw4

Joe Budden- Runaway
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSCGfj4joH0
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 05:44 AM   #34
bergs14
J-Weezy

bergs14 is considered somewhat coolbergs14 is considered somewhat cool

Kate Miller-Heidke - Last day on earth
bergs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 06:28 AM   #35
ROCSteady
~NO FATE~

ROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Fleet Foxes- Montezuma
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdN2bfov9JQ

Brand New- Jesus Christ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMJBH894MWc

Scarface ft. Kelly Price- What Can I do?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQhjOa4nTgo

Joni Mitchell- Both Sides Now
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCnf46boC3I

Joni Mitchell- River
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpFudDAYqxY

River by Joni Mitchell may be the poster child for a thread like this

Last edited by ROCSteady : 11-12-2013 at 06:31 AM.
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 12:26 PM   #36
Fallguy20
Suck-A-Fish

Fallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation here

Something I Can Never Have -NIN

Don't Cry - GNR

9 Crimes - Damien Rice

I could go on, but these are worthy contributions.
Fallguy20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 12:43 PM   #37
JerrySteakhouse
WE FIGHT! WE FIGHT!

JerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FT_i-hhTQ8Q
JerrySteakhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 01:03 PM   #38
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Eric Clapton - Tears In Heaven

Soul Asylum - Runaway Train

These songs were pretty big when I was in high school. I overlooked how heartbreaking these 2 songs were. Now as a parent these lyrics hit very deep
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 02:21 PM   #39
ShannonElements
turns illusions for $

ShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Radiohead - Videtape

Crushes me every time.

Last edited by ShannonElements : 11-12-2013 at 02:23 PM.
ShannonElements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 02:38 PM   #40
ShannonElements
turns illusions for $

ShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Also, Adele's Some Like You.

Probably because it's exactly how I feel.

Marina and the Diamonds - Lies

Luther Vandross - Dance With My Father
ShannonElements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 04:31 PM   #41
riseagainst
Lebron fan

riseagainst is considered somewhat coolriseagainst is considered somewhat coolriseagainst is considered somewhat cool

Teardrops on my Guitar - taylor swift
riseagainst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 04:35 PM   #42
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCSteady

Great song. I seem to listen to that song on repeat for a couple weeks at least once per year.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 09:22 PM   #43
JerrySteakhouse
WE FIGHT! WE FIGHT!

JerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RrVUAExfGU
JerrySteakhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 09:51 PM   #44
TheReal Kendall
Love Live Life

TheReal Kendall has a bad reputationTheReal Kendall has a bad reputationTheReal Kendall has a bad reputation

Sam Cooke - A change gonna come

http://youtu.be/gbO2_077ixs

I love this song!
TheReal Kendall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 10:20 PM   #45
Smoke117
Barstool Blues

Smoke117 has an incredible reputation hereSmoke117 has an incredible reputation hereSmoke117 has an incredible reputation hereSmoke117 has an incredible reputation hereSmoke117 has an incredible reputation hereSmoke117 has an incredible reputation here

Magnolia Electric Co - North Star

Songs: Ohia - Almost was good enough

Townes Van Zandt - Nothin'

Hank Williams - Lost Highway

Songs: Ohia - Blue Chicago Moon

Magnolia Electric Co - The Dark Don't Hide It
Smoke117 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: