Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 11-01-2013, 04:11 AM   #1
RoundMoundOfReb
Top 1 NBA/NFL Mind

RoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Do you think LeBron James would have been a dominant Football player?

If he had chosen to go the football route (as a WR/TE) as opposed to the basketball one? Personally, I think he would have.

By dominant I mean pro bowl level.

Discuss.
RoundMoundOfReb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 04:36 AM   #2
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

StateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Do you think LeBron James would have been a dominant Football player?

He'd have a chance for sure. Look at Jimmy Graham. Played 4 years college basketball, then one year of football (17 catches) before being drafted on his physical attributes.

Switching over in sport right now is different, but if he started with football? Sure.
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 04:40 AM   #3
RoundMoundOfReb
Top 1 NBA/NFL Mind

RoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Do you think LeBron James would have been a dominant Football player?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateProperty
He'd have a chance for sure. Look at Jimmy Graham. Played 4 years college basketball, then one year of football (17 catches) before being drafted on his physical attributes.

Switching over in sport right now is different, but if he started with football? Sure.
Agreed. I too am not sure if he could switch over right now like some have proposed but had he stayed playing football I have little doubt he would have been a dominant receiving weapon.

I think we can all agree he's athletic enough. 6'8 260 4.5 speed (I would say 4.4 in his younger days). Agile and explosive for his size. Good hands/coordination. 40 inch vertical. Match-up nightmare for sure.
Old 11-01-2013, 10:10 AM   #4
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Tarik One is considered somewhat coolTarik One is considered somewhat cool

He'd be one helluva safety or DB.
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 10:27 AM   #5
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz Fan

UtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I think he would be pretty good.
UtahJazzFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 11:18 AM   #6
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

He'd be amazing

he's one of the most, if not THE most, physically gifted humans on the planet...of course he would be great at football.

there aren't many in the NBA that would be though...

I also wonder about Blake Griffin or Dwight Howard at TE...they are both tall as fck and have decent weight and muscle mass.
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 11:22 AM   #7
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
He'd be amazing

he's one of the most, if not THE most, physically gifted humans on the planet...of course he would be great at football.

there aren't many in the NBA that would be though...

I also wonder about Blake Griffin or Dwight Howard at TE...they are both tall as fck and have decent weight and muscle mass.

It'd be interesting to see some of the explosive PGs like Rose or Westbrook try playing in the NFL. They seem small in the NBA but they would be good sized receivers in the league or they could play safety potentially.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 11:37 AM   #8
RoundMoundOfReb
Top 1 NBA/NFL Mind

LeBron James vs Cornerback

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...ZScCAw#t=23 4
Old 11-01-2013, 12:11 PM   #9
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation here

Yes easily. He is very skilled for his size as well and I think he has good instincts which would all carry over well in football. He could play wr, te, de, lb and probably safety. Ideally he would be a wr or te.

He is like a bigger Calvin Johnson with similar athleticism and if he devoted his skills to football I think he would of even been better than Calvin Johnson.

He would be a nightmare for defenses.

Last edited by ALBballer : 11-01-2013 at 12:13 PM.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 12:17 PM   #10
MavsSuperFan
NBA lottery pick

MavsSuperFan is popular on this boardMavsSuperFan is popular on this boardMavsSuperFan is popular on this boardMavsSuperFan is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarik One
He'd be one helluva safety or DB.
That would be the worst position for him.

Especially CB, they can run at olympic levels.

I refuse to believe anyone Lebron's size can run a sub 4.3 forty
MavsSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 12:23 PM   #11
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan

Well in an interview he said he ran a 4.6 a few years ago which could be an exaggeration but with proper training and a young 21-22 year old Lebron, I think he could of ran easily around a 4.5

The scary thing about him is he has skills of players much smaller than him and he isn't your stereotypical big goof. I think he would of been great.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 12:30 PM   #12
RoundMoundOfReb
Top 1 NBA/NFL Mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan

Brandon brownrer ran like a 4 7. Sherman ran like a 4.55
Old 11-01-2013, 12:33 PM   #13
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I know a few basketball players had success playing the TE position but I don't think it's as easy as ESPN makes it out to be.. Alot more in being a TE than just jumping in the Endzone and making grabs.. Running crisp routes, getting separation, blocking, the learning adjustment, etc. Plus I don't think he can handle the physicality of the league despite his freak size.

Forget about him playing DB either. Majority of the DB's are faster than him anyways.

I don't think he'd be good or anything but that's me
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 12:36 PM   #14
MavsSuperFan
NBA lottery pick

MavsSuperFan is popular on this boardMavsSuperFan is popular on this boardMavsSuperFan is popular on this boardMavsSuperFan is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBballer
Well in an interview he said he ran a 4.6 a few years ago which could be an exaggeration but with proper training and a young 21-22 year old Lebron, I think he could of ran easily around a 4.5

The scary thing about him is he has skills of players much smaller than him and he isn't your stereotypical big goof. I think he would of been great.

Football is a much more specialized sport than most sports his body type would only be right for certain positions
I think Lebron would be an amazing receiver, at either tight end or WR.

I think he is too tall to be an effective RB. Its hard for someone 6'8 to get his center of gravity low enough to move the pocket. Eg. Brandon Jacobs is ineffective and guys like ray rice and maurice jones-drew are extremely effective

and he is not bulky enough for offensive line or nose tackle.
MavsSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 12:41 PM   #15
RoundMoundOfReb
Top 1 NBA/NFL Mind

He would be wr or te. Outside shot as a db or de.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: