Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-25-2007, 07:50 PM   #16
D-Wade
Great college starter

D-Wade has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: What are your experiences with "snitches"?

Rats i dont think there is anything worse then them. Someone who goes running off to snitch someone in aint right man.
D-Wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 10:19 PM   #17
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Even in my line of work I don't like the conventional "snitch". We have paid "snitches" we rely on heavily. "Informants".
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 10:34 PM   #18
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Snitching isn't just reporting a crime or illegal activity. It's reporting a crime done by someone you know. That's how I see it anyway.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 10:43 PM   #19
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

To me snitching is just telling when you have nothing to gain from it. In other words just telling to get someone in trouble.

I mean if you tell on someone who you see killing someone else, then thats fine. But if the person isn't hurting anyone then there's no point.
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 10:44 PM   #20
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs
Snitching isn't just reporting a crime or illegal activity. It's reporting a crime done by someone you know. That's how I see it anyway.

So if ya boy shot up a family, you're not supposed to tell.

But if some random punk shots up a family and you happen to see, its alright to tell the laws.

OK
L.Kizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 10:50 PM   #21
apriorist
High School Starter

apriorist has an OK reputation so far

I thought a lot of people on this site were stupid and this thread just confirms it. Anti-'snitching' idiots. You'll learn as you get older and look back at this and say, "What the hell was I thinking? I can't believe I used to be so stupid."
apriorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 11:01 PM   #22
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by apriorist
I thought a lot of people on this site were stupid and this thread just confirms it. Anti-'snitching' idiots. You'll learn as you get older and look back at this and say, "What the hell was I thinking? I can't believe I used to be so stupid."

Right. Too many people are stuck on the whole "law of the streets" thing. (especially since none of them are FROM the streets or else they wouldn't be posting on a message board)

Like i said. Telling on someone for no reason is snitching. Telling on someone who is hurting someone else (or stealing something significant) is not snitching, even if you know the person. Examples:

Telling on someone for cheating on a test: Snitching

Telling on your friend for beating his girl: Not snitching

Turning in an employee for putting extra fries in their friends bag at McDonalds: Snitching

Turning in your friend for murder: Not snitching

See how it works? Serious crime = not snitching. If you're helping someone significantly then its perfectly fine. If you telling on that person doesn't benefit ANYONE, then, and only then, is it snitching.
Old 02-25-2007, 11:39 PM   #23
poorlilrich
woop woop

poorlilrich is popular on this boardpoorlilrich is popular on this boardpoorlilrich is popular on this boardpoorlilrich is popular on this board

Quote:
Right. Too many people are stuck on the whole "law of the streets" thing. (especially since none of them are FROM the streets or else they wouldn't be posting on a message board)

I never said I was from the streets; all i said is snitching was stupid, and snitches are *****es

Quote:
Like i said. Telling on someone for no reason is snitching. Telling on someone who is hurting someone else (or stealing something significant) is not snitching, even if you know the person. Examples:

Telling on your friend for beating his girl: Not snitching

Turning in an employee for putting extra fries in their friends bag at McDonalds: Snitching

Turning in your friend for murder: Not snitching

See how it works? Serious crime = not snitching. If you're helping someone significantly then its perfectly fine. If you telling on that person doesn't benefit ANYONE, then, and only then, is it snitching.

Murder and stealing something are two different things

rape and stealing something are two different things

If the police is questioning me, of course I won't keep my mouth shut. I would never walk to the police station to turn one of my friends in.
poorlilrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 12:29 AM   #24
0ne50
Local High School Star

0ne50 has an OK reputation so far

A snitch is a person who is not above doing the same as the culprit for whom he/she snitches on.
0ne50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 12:41 AM   #25
The_Masterplan
Banned

The_Masterplan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by poorlilrich
I never said I was from the streets; all i said is snitching was stupid, and snitches are *****es

Murder and stealing something are two different things

rape and stealing something are two different things

If the police is questioning me, of course I won't keep my mouth shut. I would never walk to the police station to turn one of my friends in.

If he seriously killed someone and hurt a family really really bad then i would snitch on him.

IF you turn someone in, do you get paid for it?
The_Masterplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 12:44 AM   #26
reppy
Apparently likes anime

reppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low

What if that test determines who gets a scholarship and who doesn't?!
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 12:45 AM   #27
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
So if ya boy shot up a family, you're not supposed to tell.

But if some random punk shots up a family and you happen to see, its alright to tell the laws.

OK

So your best friend's robbing a house, family comes home, and the father comes straight at him. Not knowing what to do, your friend panics, an shoots the father. Realizing what he just did, and that the rest of the family saw him do it, he kills them as well, and flees the scene. He arrives at your house, completely distraught, not knowing what to do, and looking for guidance. He can't tell his parents, and you're the best friend he's got.

And you... hand him over to the cops. Really? You'd honestly do that?

On the other hand, say you're walking down the street, and you see a drive by shooting. A child is caught in the crossfire and killed, along with some guys on the street who were the real targets. The child is dead. You happen to see the license plate and immediately memorize it. Do you tell the cops who did it, or just let the child (and the guys on the street) die without forcing the shooters to deal with the consequences?

Pretty sure both answers are obvious.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 12:46 AM   #28
B-Low
The Love B-Low

hmmm touche young Reppy...touche

But then i said that if you telling on the person doesn't benefit anyone, then its snitching. so you telling on the person WOULD benefit someone. On a normal test though, it probably wouldn't.
Old 02-26-2007, 12:50 AM   #29
The_Masterplan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
hmmm touche young Reppy...touche

But then i said that if you telling on the person doesn't benefit anyone, then its snitching. so you telling on the person WOULD benefit someone. On a normal test though, it probably wouldn't.

good point. I see people cheating on the SAT and ACT all the time. Usually they are indians and i join in just as long as they arent applying to the same place.

Anyways, what test do you take that gets you a scholarship, Reppy?
Old 03-01-2007, 11:21 AM   #30
The_Masterplan
Banned

bump
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: