Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 11-09-2013, 09:19 AM   #151
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Jonathan Martin situation

Richie Incognito if you look at his history is an idiot who can't control his emotions, nor relate to when others are upset at all. Tannehill said it (in such a casual way like it was ok) that Richie has no filters to let him know when others are upset. Plus the college dismissals, particularly Oregon showed he has no clue the limits he has. He kept pushing till he got kicked out of school.

BTW, Is Martin really only blaming Incognito? The media is, the dolphins threw him under the bus, but the statements from the Martin lawyer say "Dolphin players".

What was Miami mgmt thinking sending Incognito to do this? Even now he seems blissfully unaware what was wrong.

Last edited by niko : 11-09-2013 at 09:21 AM.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 09:46 AM   #152
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Why would a player save such an old voicemail and show others and laugh about it? That's quite strange. In fact, I kinda see it as enabling the "bully." If someone is offended by such a voicemail they wouldn't show it around, most people would have deleted it after a while and not hold onto it for months.

I think Martin is antisocial and probably has genuine mental issues. I think if this was any other player other than Martin this wouldn't be an issue.

So I think the bigger issue is not if Incognito was wrong for being a bully but was Incognito wrong for bullying a guy with anti-social and mental issues. He obviously knew about the former to some degree and maybe in his own mind he was trying to bring him out of his shell (though his tactics are out of the norm) but for the latter it is much tougher to say.

Finally the biggest issue of all is the racial slur. Even if he used some homophobic and/or sexist word it wouldn't be nearly the story. But the racial component turned the story into a scandal.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 10:17 AM   #153
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBballer
Why would a player save such an old voicemail and show others and laugh about it? That's quite strange. In fact, I kinda see it as enabling the "bully." If someone is offended by such a voicemail they wouldn't show it around, most people would have deleted it after a while and not hold onto it for months.

I think Martin is antisocial and probably has genuine mental issues. I think if this was any other player other than Martin this wouldn't be an issue.

So I think the bigger issue is not if Incognito was wrong for being a bully but was Incognito wrong for bullying a guy with anti-social and mental issues. He obviously knew about the former to some degree and maybe in his own mind he was trying to bring him out of his shell (though his tactics are out of the norm) but for the latter it is much tougher to say.

Finally the biggest issue of all is the racial slur. Even if he used some homophobic and/or sexist word it wouldn't be nearly the story. But the racial component turned the story into a scandal.

That's not true. A lot of times the bullied (or the butt of the joke) tries to go along with it to be part of the group instead of fighting it. You see it all the time in school, the fat kid eats with huge bites really loud so people laugh, the stupid kid says OMG I DID IT AGAIN. HAHA. It's a defense mechanism. So you don't need to fight and ostrascize yourself from everyone else who is enjoying the joke.

If he complained loudly in the locker room about the voicemail the other players would say OMG THIS DUDE CANNOT TAKE A JOKE, WHAT A DICK.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 02:08 PM   #154
MavsSuperFan
NBA rookie of the year

MavsSuperFan has a terrific reputationMavsSuperFan has a terrific reputationMavsSuperFan has a terrific reputationMavsSuperFan has a terrific reputationMavsSuperFan has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
Incognito told Martin he was gonna run a train on Martin's sister and *** inside her..

Man, I would have killed Incognito… I mean literally murdered him
I dont think it was incognito on that one.
MavsSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 04:19 PM   #155
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
That's not true. A lot of times the bullied (or the butt of the joke) tries to go along with it to be part of the group instead of fighting it. You see it all the time in school, the fat kid eats with huge bites really loud so people laugh, the stupid kid says OMG I DID IT AGAIN. HAHA. It's a defense mechanism. So you don't need to fight and ostrascize yourself from everyone else who is enjoying the joke.

If he complained loudly in the locker room about the voicemail the other players would say OMG THIS DUDE CANNOT TAKE A JOKE, WHAT A DICK.

This is a fair point but this mainly applies for confrontations in person. If Incognito said this in person in front of teammates then I could buy these instances of him laughing it off (which appears to have happened as well.) But I can't imagine someone bullied bringing back confrontations and laughing them off. By replaying the voicemail he is reliving the personal attack, if he is replaying the voicemail and laughing well it's a bit confusing what to think.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 05:42 PM   #156
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Can we stop calling this bullying. It is 100% criminal harassment, and poor working conditions.
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 05:56 PM   #157
Real Men Wear Green
BathFrog of Doom

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman32
Can we stop calling this bullying. It is 100% criminal harassment, and poor working conditions.
It might be but I think we all should stop acting like the media reacting to every small bit of info to trickle out and wait until we hear the full story.
Real Men Wear Green is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 06:15 PM   #158
longtime lurker
NBA sixth man of the year

longtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko

Great post. A lot of things that posters fail to realize. Martin probably played along with the joke to avoid being further alienated. It's very common in group dynamics
longtime lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 06:22 PM   #159
Bless Mathews
454 Dumper

Bless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman32
Sissy.

In this PC world gone crazy it is where people go to HR for harmless comments. A normal workplace. But this is the NF fuccin L.

You're looking through your workplace eyes.

Most all of other co workers of Martin 's are mad at him and don't want him back.

Hmmmmmm. That sums it up...
Bless Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 03:49 AM   #160
KNOW1EDGE
AKA MUGGSY

KNOW1EDGE has decent reputationKNOW1EDGE has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bless Mathews
Sissy.

In this PC world gone crazy it is where people go to HR for harmless comments. A normal workplace. But this is the NF fuccin L.

Most all of other co workers of Martin 's are mad at him and don't want him back.

Bless you are stoned again.

It doesn't matter what your job is, its unacceptable for your co-workers to harass you.

And you are completely wrong, most NFL players prefer to play with Martin over Incognito.
Link: http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/99...chie-incognito

Who would you rather work with? A Stanford graduate who is "dorky" and socially awkward? or a fat, loud-mouth douche bag with self-confidence issues who over-compensates by being a dirty, cheap f@ggot to the people he works with?
KNOW1EDGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 04:43 AM   #161
Bless Mathews
454 Dumper

Bless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNOW1EDGE
Bless you are stoned again.

It doesn't matter what your job is, its unacceptable for your co-workers to harass you.

And you are completely wrong, most NFL players prefer to play with Martin over Incognito.
Link: http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/99...chie-incognito

Who would you rather work with? A Stanford graduate who is "dorky" and socially awkward? or a fat, loud-mouth douche bag with self-confidence issues who over-compensates by being a dirty, cheap f@ggot to the people he works with?
Lololololololol. Typical Portland moronic PC response.

THE MIAMI DOLPHINS PLAYERS ARE HIS CO WORKERS. NOT THE REST OF THE NFL. SMDH ..

That politically correct pole has NO BEARING on the dolphins locker room and teammates. Period.

Stop eating granola and wearing sandals bruh.
Most ALL THE DOLPHINS have Richie's back and are pissed Martin ran his mouth publicly and didn't keep it in house. PERIOD.

The dolphins are his Co workers. NOT rest of NFL. He's a punk for going away from the team. Period.
Old 11-10-2013, 04:52 AM   #162
Bless Mathews
454 Dumper

And as a black man I'll take an asshole white boy that I'd KNOW would throw down for me over a mixed dude that SNITCHES and runs running to his mommy and daddy lawyers that plan on sueing the people that write my poiaychecks ANY DAY.
Old 11-10-2013, 03:57 PM   #163
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bless Mathews
Sissy.

Yea, this. It's a completely different work environment than your average office or employment. These men smash heads and kick the shit out of each other for a living..

What's next a general in the military is going to be fined for hurting the feelings of his soldiers during training?

TBH, some of the shit i've heard from this story isn't even that bad(besides the $$ extortion). I've seen worst shit in a HS lockeroom..

Point is the hazing, bullying, teasing is happening in all NFL lockerooms. It's the NFL, have you seen some of these guys?
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 07:50 PM   #164
TonyMontana
Local High School Star

TonyMontana has a bad reputationTonyMontana has a bad reputationTonyMontana has a bad reputation

Team Martin originally wanted to use Richie as the scapegoat since that's who sent the evidence that they had.

But now that ALL of the Dolphins players vouch for Incognito Team Martin is changing their stance to the entire team.

The only people whose opinions I care about are the ones in that locker room because that's who knows what really was going on. Shitstirring liberal media and low character politically correct wimps? I could give two shits about what these wiesels think.
TonyMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 08:42 PM   #165
BasedTom
Euroleague MVP

BasedTom is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBasedTom is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBasedTom is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBasedTom is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBasedTom is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBasedTom is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBasedTom is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBasedTom is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBasedTom is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBasedTom is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Did you guy see the interview with Incognito? He supposedly had over 1000 text messages with Martin, and the two seemed to be friends. They even texted after the infamous voicemail and after Martin left the team.

This whole story is weird. We'll find out more about it in the coming days.
BasedTom is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: