Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2013, 12:40 PM   #181
MavsSuperFan
NBA lottery pick
 
MavsSuperFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 5,561
MavsSuperFan is popular on this boardMavsSuperFan is popular on this boardMavsSuperFan is popular on this boardMavsSuperFan is popular on this board
Default Re: Jonathan Martin situation

Now the we have heard that incognito interview, Martin has to come out with his version of events.

Basically Incognito claims that they were really good friends and he doesnt know what is happening.

Incognito showed text messages between the that collaborated his story, about how they communicated a lot and they were both vulgar and that Martin didnt blame him after this scandal broke.

Eg. Martin threatened to kill incognito's family too. maybe that was a joke between them. idk

Martin needs to either show incognito is lying or he looks like a shitty friend for leaving incognito out to dry like this.
MavsSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 08:48 PM   #182
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?
 
ALBballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 8,668
ALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Jonathan Martin situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
One thing i think is funny is all the people on the Dolphins saying "its normal". Well, maybe they'd like to switch things up because they have sucked for about 30 years.

There is so much wrong with this statement. Does the fact some successful non-Dolphin players condoning it as "normal" make Incognitos actions more valid? Do you understand the term ad-hominem?

The players on the Dolphins dealt with these two individuals on a day-to-day basis and know the relationship better than you who hasn't heard of either player until this scandal broke out who BTW is basing all of his opinions on a voicemail and hearsay.


Last edited by ALBballer : 11-12-2013 at 08:50 PM.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 09:10 PM   #183
niko
I Run NY.
 
niko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 29,845
niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Jonathan Martin situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBballer
There is so much wrong with this statement. Does the fact some successful non-Dolphin players condoning it as "normal" make Incognitos actions more valid? Do you understand the term ad-hominem?

The players on the Dolphins dealt with these two individuals on a day-to-day basis and know the relationship better than you who hasn't heard of either player until this scandal broke out who BTW is basing all of his opinions on a voicemail and hearsay.

You're arguing something I didn't say. The Dolphins as of late have been a pretty bad franchise that really doesn't get the best out of it's players. If Incognito is saying this is normal, and it is, then maybe it's something Miami should change because it's not working. Whatever Miami is doing is NOT working. They are mentally weak, they don't develop players well, they are a poor judge of character (Incognito, if he is totally innocent of bullying is still a career jackass who should not be in charge of anything). This is the franchise who asked Dez if his mom was a hooker.

Them saying "this is the culture" like it's a good thing that can't be questioned is hilarious to me because they regularly suck.

You're arguing if Incognito is guilty or not, i have no idea. Maybe you have super secret info and know, but i don't yet. I do however know that with all the stuff leaking that something in Miami is broken because results speak to it.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 09:54 PM   #184
lilojmayo
#lovethat32
 
lilojmayo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 5,594
lilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Jonathan Martin situation

am i the only one who laughs by the fact the guy's name is Incognito. Sounds like a redneck
lilojmayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 04:41 PM   #185
niko
I Run NY.
 
niko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 29,845
niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Jonathan Martin situation

Incognito filed a grievance. *****. Why didn't he show up at the complex and challenge the dolphins to fisticuffs, winner gets the decision.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 04:54 PM   #186
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4
 
Brujesino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Right ****ing Now!
Posts: 15,236
Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Jonathan Martin situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilojmayo
am i the only one who laughs by the fact the guy's name is Incognito. Sounds like a redneck
His last name always reminds me of this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KVHURoOZiY
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 02:00 AM   #187
D.J.
College superstar
 
D.J.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Astoria, NY
Posts: 4,962
D.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Jonathan Martin situation

I'll add in my two cents:


I don't side with either of them. Incognito is a tool that has caused problems literally everywhere he has played. He's been kicked off teams and suspended before ever playing a single game in the NFL. He is not a leader. He has not led a team to anything.

Jonathan Martin is a complete pansy. You're a 6'5" 300+ pound man. If someone is pushing you around, rough him up. This isn't a normal 9-5 job. It's the NFL. You're not getting fired over a fist fight. Had he done that, he would have earned at least some respect from the other guys for standing up for himself. He's at least as strong as Incognito and Bart Scott said Incognito backed down when he confronted him, so it's obvious Incognito is a pu$$y too when someone stands up to him.

As for the Miami Dolphins franchise, they are terrible judges of character and are a joke. I've been watching the NFL since the 1986 season. They've been constant underachievers, especially in recent years. Outside of a few years towards the end of Dan Marino's career and a year or two after, they've been a joke of a franchise. From 1986-1997, they cracked the 10 win mark just three times. They have never put out a championship calibur product for as long as I've been watching football. This is also the same franchise that asked Dez Bryant if his mom is a prostitute.

The reason the players are backing Incognito IMO, is because they were involved in some way. The biggest one IMO, is Mike Wallace and I'm willing to bet if he went against Incognito, Incognito would expose his ass in a microsecond. The players, to me, are afraid of getting exposed if they go against Incognito. The fact the Dolphins had him in any form of leadership shows how weak this franchise.

In the end, the Dolphins franchise will lose out way more than Incognito or Jonathan Martin. Incognito and Martin will both play elsewhere. The Dolphins are going to have an extremely difficult time landing free agents. Who would want to play there? I sure wouldn't. If there was any true leadership(players or coaching staff), this situation would have been nipped in the bud a year ago. Do you think this goes on in the presence of Peyton Manning or Tom Brady?

What I think will happen: Incognito will get picked up by a team like Jacksonville or Oakland, Martin by Indy or Denver, and that Martin will make a sh*t load of money off the lawsuit. The true losers will be the Miami Dolphins franchise because this will be black eye for a long time. There are no winners here. Incognito is a grade A asshole who is nothing more than a bully and a racist. Martin is weak at best. And the Dolphins franchise allowed this to go on for at least a year and have proven to employ poor leaders in leadership roles. There's a reason they're consistent underachievers and unlike teams like the Jaguars/Lions/Browns, it goes beyond the unwillingless to spend money.
D.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 02:26 PM   #188
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 51,059
GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Jonathan Martin situation

Not saying Martin isnt a pansy. But just because he is 6'5 300lb+ doesnt mean he has heart, balls. And Incognito is not exactly small. He's a big dude with a rep of being nasty as I'm sure Martin knows. So the tale of the tape doesnt favor Martin that much then you factor in the other stuff? Makes his size irrelevant at the end of the day. Sure he could have punched him in the face win lose or draw. But if you're not about that life? It's not going to happen. Guys are just as big, just as strong if not stronger. You have to look at Martins upbringing, how he grew up, what he was exposed too, the kind of person he is. Some folks just arent confrontational. They avoid it. When you're high school coach says he isnt surprised that right there gives you a glimpse of what kind of person Martin is. And how his size matters little. He's what 21 now? 3-4 years removed from HS isnt a long time ago for your HS coach to reveal a little about what you're made of.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 07:11 PM   #189
D.J.
College superstar
 
D.J.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Astoria, NY
Posts: 4,962
D.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Jonathan Martin situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Not saying Martin isnt a pansy. But just because he is 6'5 300lb+ doesnt mean he has heart, balls. And Incognito is not exactly small. He's a big dude with a rep of being nasty as I'm sure Martin knows. So the tale of the tape doesnt favor Martin that much then you factor in the other stuff? Makes his size irrelevant at the end of the day. Sure he could have punched him in the face win lose or draw. But if you're not about that life? It's not going to happen. Guys are just as big, just as strong if not stronger. You have to look at Martins upbringing, how he grew up, what he was exposed too, the kind of person he is. Some folks just arent confrontational. They avoid it. When you're high school coach says he isnt surprised that right there gives you a glimpse of what kind of person Martin is. And how his size matters little. He's what 21 now? 3-4 years removed from HS isnt a long time ago for your HS coach to reveal a little about what you're made of.


We know he has no heart and balls. But you'd figure someone that big wouldn't let someone push them around. I'm 6'8" 230 and also grew up in Long Island City in the 80s and early 90s, so my childhood obviously wasn't as privileged as Martin's. I just can't imagine any man letting someone push them around like that without doing something. Doesn't make Incognito any less of a douchebag though. He has a long history.

But with that being said, both will play again. The franchise is the true loser here. No free agent in their right mind would go to Miami now.
D.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 08:07 PM   #190
Anti Hero
Be your own hero
 
Anti Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 7,660
Anti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Jonathan Martin situation

Incognito went to HS at Mountain Ridge HS, super rich douchy school. My school was right down the way from theirs and to most we were considered the rich douches, but MRSH was known to be at a much higher level. He was the top lineman in AZ at that time, I didn't know him personally or ever hang out with him but many from my school partied in the same circles as him. I remember his name coming up a few times about dumb shit he did or how much of an ass he was back then. One kid (30 year old man, now) on Facebook even wrote,
Quote:
"How the hell is it news that Richie Incognito has a bad attitude..... I could have broke that story back in 2000. Lol classic!"

One sounds like an ass and the other sounds like a pussy.
Anti Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 10:06 PM   #191
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star
 
Rasheed1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 10,483
Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Jonathan Martin situation

If the Dolphins release him? I don't think any other team would sign incognito..

He's poison.. Holding team meetings at a strip club? is he f*cking stupid? I love the strip as much as any body but you don't try and conduct team business in a strip club..

you take care of team business, then you go to the strip club..

The golf incident is another strike.. and this isn't including the dumb sh*t he did while on the Rams and in college...

I cant see another team being desperate enough to take this clown into their locker room... He thinks all this turmoil is normal ... he thinks its just the environment
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 03:08 AM   #192
D.J.
College superstar
 
D.J.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Astoria, NY
Posts: 4,962
D.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Jonathan Martin situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
If the Dolphins release him? I don't think any other team would sign incognito..

He's poison.. Holding team meetings at a strip club? is he f*cking stupid? I love the strip as much as any body but you don't try and conduct team business in a strip club..

you take care of team business, then you go to the strip club..

The golf incident is another strike.. and this isn't including the dumb sh*t he did while on the Rams and in college...

I cant see another team being desperate enough to take this clown into their locker room... He thinks all this turmoil is normal ... he thinks its just the environment


Like him or not, he's still a solid player at his position. Michael f*cking Vick was able to latch onto a team. Take a team like Oakland for example. They're not big on character, so there's no reason to think that's not a possibility. Someone will sign him and between Incognito and Martin, I bet Incognito gets signed first.
D.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 09:53 AM   #193
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.
 
Real Men Wear Green's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Brighton, MA
Posts: 19,964
Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Jonathan Martin situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.J.
No free agent in their right mind would go to Miami now.
Offer a million more than the next bidder and a lot of players will go crazy.
Real Men Wear Green is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 12:58 PM   #194
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star
 
Rasheed1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 10,483
Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Jonathan Martin situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.J.
Like him or not, he's still a solid player at his position. Michael f*cking Vick was able to latch onto a team. Take a team like Oakland for example. They're not big on character, so there's no reason to think that's not a possibility. Someone will sign him and between Incognito and Martin, I bet Incognito gets signed first.


I think Martin may have the wrong mentality for football, and I think he comes off as a snitch more than a softee. I think his problem would be in the locker room more so than with another front office wanting to sign him.. Teammates won't like a guy who lets team business get outside of the lockeroom..

But Incognito? I believe there aint a team around who would touch this guy (other than Miami keeping him)..

He is a walking talking cancer.. He is poisonous to a lockeroom.. There are plenty of solid O linemen in the league that won't give you the problems incognito will...He will cost you money (the golf incident).. he is a PR nightmare… He is also unpredictable… He has already been released from another team due to his issues..

I doubt anyone else in the NFL is stupid enough to sign this guy at this point, and if they are? they deserve what they get (which will be trouble)
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 01:34 PM   #195
knickballer
Very good NBA starter
 
knickballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: 2010 offseason
Posts: 8,459
knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Jonathan Martin situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.J.
I'll add in my two cents:


I don't side with either of them. Incognito is a tool that has caused problems literally everywhere he has played. He's been kicked off teams and suspended before ever playing a single game in the NFL. He is not a leader. He has not led a team to anything.

Jonathan Martin is a complete pansy. You're a 6'5" 300+ pound man. If someone is pushing you around, rough him up. This isn't a normal 9-5 job. It's the NFL. You're not getting fired over a fist fight. Had he done that, he would have earned at least some respect from the other guys for standing up for himself. He's at least as strong as Incognito and Bart Scott said Incognito backed down when he confronted him, so it's obvious Incognito is a pu$$y too when someone stands up to him.

As for the Miami Dolphins franchise, they are terrible judges of character and are a joke. I've been watching the NFL since the 1986 season. They've been constant underachievers, especially in recent years. Outside of a few years towards the end of Dan Marino's career and a year or two after, they've been a joke of a franchise. From 1986-1997, they cracked the 10 win mark just three times. They have never put out a championship calibur product for as long as I've been watching football. This is also the same franchise that asked Dez Bryant if his mom is a prostitute.

The reason the players are backing Incognito IMO, is because they were involved in some way. The biggest one IMO, is Mike Wallace and I'm willing to bet if he went against Incognito, Incognito would expose his ass in a microsecond. The players, to me, are afraid of getting exposed if they go against Incognito. The fact the Dolphins had him in any form of leadership shows how weak this franchise.

In the end, the Dolphins franchise will lose out way more than Incognito or Jonathan Martin. Incognito and Martin will both play elsewhere. The Dolphins are going to have an extremely difficult time landing free agents. Who would want to play there? I sure wouldn't. If there was any true leadership(players or coaching staff), this situation would have been nipped in the bud a year ago. Do you think this goes on in the presence of Peyton Manning or Tom Brady?

What I think will happen: Incognito will get picked up by a team like Jacksonville or Oakland, Martin by Indy or Denver, and that Martin will make a sh*t load of money off the lawsuit. The true losers will be the Miami Dolphins franchise because this will be black eye for a long time. There are no winners here. Incognito is a grade A asshole who is nothing more than a bully and a racist. Martin is weak at best. And the Dolphins franchise allowed this to go on for at least a year and have proven to employ poor leaders in leadership roles. There's a reason they're consistent underachievers and unlike teams like the Jaguars/Lions/Browns, it goes beyond the unwillingless to spend money.

There's alot of bad characters in the NFL and alot of them find ways to make NFL rosters.

The problem a team will have is the reaction of the media when/if a team signs him. I can see it being blown out of proportions already......
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:25 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy