Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 11-16-2013, 01:35 PM   #196
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Jonathan Martin situation

The potential PR hit is the only thing I think will give teams pause with Incognito. Him being a jerk/bully isn't going to freak anyone out. I bet most players have had a teammate like Incognito before and there will be a few coaches and players that even like his attitude.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 10:03 PM   #197
D.J.
College superstar

D.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Jonathan Martin situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
But Incognito? I believe there aint a team around who would touch this guy (other than Miami keeping him)..

He is a walking talking cancer.. He is poisonous to a lockeroom.. There are plenty of solid O linemen in the league that won't give you the problems incognito will...He will cost you money (the golf incident).. he is a PR nightmare… He is also unpredictable… He has already been released from another team due to his issues..

I doubt anyone else in the NFL is stupid enough to sign this guy at this point, and if they are? they deserve what they get (which will be trouble)

The Dolphins already said he's not playing for them ever again. Yes, he is a cancer. He is poison and he is toxic. Guys who have done much worse have gotten signed by teams. I still stand by that a team like Oakland would sign him. I don't think we've seen the last of Richie Incognito.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
The problem a team will have is the reaction of the media when/if a team signs him. I can see it being blown out of proportions already......

It'll be big news at first, but it'll die down. This is Richie Incognito, not Kerry Rhodes. He's not going to be blackballed, though I wouldn't be shedding any tears if he was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
The potential PR hit is the only thing I think will give teams pause with Incognito. Him being a jerk/bully isn't going to freak anyone out. I bet most players have had a teammate like Incognito before and there will be a few coaches and players that even like his attitude.

Some may not be bothered by it. For teams like Oakland, Jacksonville, or Tampa Bay, any publicity is good publicity. And we know Oakland isn't very big on character. Michael Vick, Leonard Little, Donte Stallworth, and Plaxico Burress all found jobs. I don't see Incognito being an exception. There's still teams that can use his services. And it's not like he's 35. He's 30 and still has plenty left in the tank.
D.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: