Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 11-04-2013, 06:00 PM   #31
Real Men Wear Green
Your ad here

Default Re: Jonathan Martin situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
I agree, Cooper at least could blame being drunk and angry and say it was a one time thing.

Incognito has been doing this to Martin for awhile, and was sober.

One thing I will say is Incognito is a better player than Cooper. But I cant imagine black players welcoming him back like they eventually accepted cooper.
Why not? At the end of the day both black and white players are employees. No one is going to turn their back on that fat NFL pay check just because one of their teammates is a racist. If black players thought that way the league never would have been integrated to begin with. Now there will be complaints, but if Incognito makes a big show of being sorry, changing his ways, asking forgiveness, etc. it can get smoothed over. There are guys in the NFL that beat women, Vick came back after the dog fighting, and Ben Roethlisberger may have gotten away with being a serial rapist. There's a lot of reason to think this guy can return.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 06:28 PM   #32
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Incognito sucks. I doubt he gets back into the NFL after this. The Dolphins O-Line will probably improve with him gone.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 06:35 PM   #33
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
Height: 6 ft 3 in (1.91 m) Weight: 319 lb
and

but probably cause martin is too nice a guy

Incognito's career is probably done.

Martin is big too. Just weird for football players to fear another.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 06:39 PM   #34
KeylessEntry
I'm on the moon

Maybe a team with some really strong locker room leaders would take Incognito, but my guess is that his career is done.

Guys like Vick and Roethlisburger, while they did commit heinous crimes, did not commit them against members of their team. NFL players will put up with a rapist or dog abuser if he is a good teammate, but a guy who is a bad teammate, a guy who is cancerous to the locker room, a guy who is turning teammates against eachother and destroying team morale, thats a whole different story.

Also, his dad sounds like a total piece of work. Like father like son I suppose. The dad called Martin a suicidal drug addict, which if true, means his son has been antagonizing a suicidal drug addict. What kind of asshole antagonizes a suicidal drug addict? The father (if the messageboard poster is really him) is certainly not helping Incognito look any better.

Last edited by KeylessEntry : 11-04-2013 at 06:45 PM.
KeylessEntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 07:18 PM   #35
Real Men Wear Green
Your ad here

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeylessEntry
Guys like Vick and Roethlisburger, while they did commit heinous crimes, did not commit them against members of their team. NFL players will put up with a rapist or dog abuser if he is a good teammate, but a guy who is a bad teammate, a guy who is cancerous to the locker room, a guy who is turning teammates against eachother and destroying team morale, thats a whole different story.
Maybe he is all those things but on the flipside he was part of the team's leadership council so someone had to like him. He doesn't have to win over majority opinion, he just has to find one coaching staff and ownership that will take him on. His situation will be a lot like Vick's. There was a time when Vick was one of the most, if not the most, despised man in America. He spent 21 months in jail. His rep was worse than Incognito's. He still eventually got a second chance. Incognito doesn't have Vick's talent but he also won't have spent two years out of football. I see your point about him having hurt teammates when Vick, Roethlisberger, etc. did not but Vick did lie to people throughout the Falcon organization which is pretty bad, and it won't be an important distinction to everyone. Bottom line, he doesn't have to win vote across the league, he just has to get one team to believe him when he says he's a new man.
Old 11-04-2013, 07:34 PM   #36
TonyMontana
Local High School Star

I've never been more pissed as a Dolphins fan, and I don't know if I can support this organization anymore.

Richie is getting ****ed HARD. He is the scapegoat because of his reputation as a dirty player/hardass so he's an easy target to put the blame on. Jonathan Martin is MESSED UP IN THE HEAD. I know his type. He is the typical entitled athlete who is used to dominating his sport his entire life because he is bigger than everyone else. Then when he gets to the NFL and he has to play against guys his own size he SUCKS, and the dude cannot mentally handle it. The NFL is for the mentally strong, and clearly this guy doesn't belong. He is a suicidal drug user who Philbin sympathizes with because his own son was a drug addict that offed himself.

Hoping that Richies name can be cleared. Jonathan Martin is a crybaby bitch who sucks. Richie is a pro bowler.
TonyMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 07:36 PM   #37
KeylessEntry
I'm on the moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
Maybe he is all those things but on the flipside he was part of the team's leadership council so someone had to like him. He doesn't have to win over majority opinion, he just has to find one coaching staff and ownership that will take him on. His situation will be a lot like Vick's. There was a time when Vick was one of the most, if not the most, despised man in America. He spent 21 months in jail. His rep was worse than Incognito's. He still eventually got a second chance. Incognito doesn't have Vick's talent but he also won't have spent two years out of football. I see your point about him having hurt teammates when Vick, Roethlisberger, etc. did not but Vick did lie to people throughout the Falcon organization which is pretty bad, and it won't be an important distinction to everyone. Bottom line, he doesn't have to win vote across the league, he just has to get one team to believe him when he says he's a new man.

The fact that he was on the team leadership council doesnt really mean much imo. There are a lot of reasons an asshole could end up on a council like that, maybe a lot of his teammates did like him (doesnt mean he is a nice guy), maybe he bullied people into putting him there, who knows?

Perhaps Vicks rep was worse than Incognitos with the average american (this could change, depending on how the incognito story develops), but Vick was never a locker room cancer. Vick did commit a terrible crime in his free time, but he served his time and paid his debts. On the other hand, Incognito just sounds like a piece of shit who abuses teammates that he perceives to be lesser, and that is something you just cant have if you want a healthy and functional team. In my opinion, guys who destroy a team from the inside out are a completely different story from guys who destroy a team by doing something stupid in their free time.

Last edited by KeylessEntry : 11-04-2013 at 07:40 PM.
Old 11-04-2013, 07:43 PM   #38
Real Men Wear Green
Your ad here

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyMontana
I've never been more pissed as a Dolphins fan, and I don't know if I can support this organization anymore.

Richie is getting ****ed HARD. He is the scapegoat because of his reputation as a dirty player/hardass so he's an easy target to put the blame on. Jonathan Martin is MESSED UP IN THE HEAD. I know his type. He is the typical entitled athlete who is used to dominating his sport his entire life because he is bigger than everyone else. Then when he gets to the NFL and he has to play against guys his own size he SUCKS, and the dude cannot mentally handle it. The NFL is for the mentally strong, and clearly this guy doesn't belong. He is a suicidal drug user who Philbin sympathizes with because his own son was a drug addict that offed himself.

Hoping that Richies name can be cleared. Jonathan Martin is a crybaby bitch who sucks. Richie is a pro bowler.
Oh look, it's Incognito's dad.
Old 11-04-2013, 07:47 PM   #39
Real Men Wear Green
Your ad here

Quote:
The fact that he was on the team leadership council doesnt really mean much imo. There are a lot of reasons an asshole could end up on a council like that, maybe a lot of his teammates did like him (doesnt mean he is a nice guy), maybe he bullied people into putting him there, who knows?

Perhaps Vicks rep was worse than Incognitos with the average american (this could change, depending on how the incognito story develops), but Vick was never a locker room cancer. Vick did commit a terrible crime in his free time, but he served his time and paid his debts. On the other hand, Incognito just sounds like a piece of shit who abuses teammates that he perceives to be lesser, and that is something you just cant have if you want a healthy and functional team. In my opinion, guys who destroy a team from the inside out are a completely different story from guys who destroy a team by doing something stupid in their free time.
I would never want this dude on the Pats. But he doesn't have to win over you or me or any kind of majority opinion. If Incognito isn't just completely insane he's at least going to make a show of contrition, go to "rehab," etc. His agent will call every team in the league while he goes on his PR push and they just need one team to decide they need a lineman bad enough to roll the dice on this guy at the minimum.
Old 11-04-2013, 07:52 PM   #40
KeylessEntry
I'm on the moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
I would never want this dude on the Pats. But he doesn't have to win over you or me or any kind of majority opinion. If Incognito isn't just completely insane he's at least going to make a show of contrition, go to "rehab," etc. His agent will call every team in the league while he goes on his PR push and they just need one team to decide they need a lineman bad enough to roll the dice on this guy at the minimum.

If incognito actually does something like go to rehab and actually shows he is making serious efforts to stop being an asshole, then I would say he deserves another chance. On the other hand, if he is going to sit there in denial and continue to pass the buck, then **** that guy.
Old 11-04-2013, 08:08 PM   #41
Real Men Wear Green
Your ad here

Quote:
If incognito actually does something like go to rehab and actually shows he is making serious efforts to stop being an asshole, then I would say he deserves another chance. On the other hand, if he is going to sit there in denial and continue to pass the buck, then **** that guy.
I'm figuring his agent or Incognito himself will decide upon that course of action because that's how public figures in general get second chances these days. The reaction you say that you'd have illustrates what I'm talking about. Our society can be forgiving if people feel contrition has been shown.
Old 11-04-2013, 08:12 PM   #42
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyMontana

I'm really not surprised that of all people, you are coming to the defense of Incognito.

Were you the one filming this video of him dropping the N-bomb?
http://www.tmz.com/2013/11/04/richie...ar-rage-video/
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 08:20 PM   #43
LoPro4u2c
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
I'm really not surprised that of all people, you are coming to the defense of Incognito.

@ him raging.
LoPro4u2c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 08:40 PM   #44
TonyMontana
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic

So tell me chief where does he say the N word in that video? Funny how that video happens to pop up today.

And people need to stop making a big deal out of that word. Black people call eachother it all the time, even in demeaning manners yet noone says shit. You are racially discriminating against white people by only critsizing them when they say it. in reality, it's a slur just like fcuk, *******t, or shit so get off your ****ing high horse and dont act like you never use these words.

You've clearly never played any sports or had any real friends in your life. All of these comments like "I'm going to shit down your throat" are harmless banter between MASCULINE MEN. You can take your pussyboy politically correct comments elsewhere.

The real problem is this Jonathan Martin dude is mentally inept. He is the one who needs to get kicked off the team. Has no place in the big bad worlds of the NFL. I never want to see him play another down for the Dolphins again.
Old 11-04-2013, 08:46 PM   #45
TonyMontana
Local High School Star

Also take note about how NOT ONE of the current Dolphins has talked shit about Incognito despite this whirlwind. They all have his back.

Why? Because this is the media trying to make a giant story out of some dude being mentally inept. In current America we try to blame something for everything. Richie is being the scapegoat based purely on his reputation as a dirty player/asshole.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: