Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 11-05-2013, 04:50 PM   #61
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Jonathan Martin situation

I understand this kind of hazing is probably part of the NFL culture, but this does seem a bit extreme. That voice message is about as vulgar as you can get, making racial and homophobic slurs while threatening someone's family?

I know I wouldn't find it funny.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 05:55 PM   #62
MavsSuperFan
NBA rookie of the year

MavsSuperFan has a terrific reputationMavsSuperFan has a terrific reputationMavsSuperFan has a terrific reputationMavsSuperFan has a terrific reputationMavsSuperFan has a terrific reputation

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...ns-locker-room

in a somewhat surprising turn to me. It sames Players like mike wallace are openly supporting Incognito.
MavsSuperFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 06:16 PM   #63
TonyMontana
Local High School Star

TonyMontana has a bad reputationTonyMontana has a bad reputationTonyMontana has a bad reputationTonyMontana has a bad reputation

Ricky Williams: "Maybe Martin doesn't belong in NFL"
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...-belong-in-nfl

No player has Jonathan Martins back, hes a bitch. Ricky was a guy who went through some mental problems of his own and an ex-teammate of Incognito. So his opinion is quite relevant here.

It's obvious what's going on . Martin can't handle the NFL and when he ran home to his lawyer parents, they told him that voicemail from Incognito was perfect evidence to make him a scapegoat for this whole mess. Even Ricky said he'd take no offense to it and fire back with "alright redneck lool". These type of comments are NORMAL in masculine brotherhoods like sports teams and military units.

So what this all comes down to is $$$$$. Jonathan Martins parents are trying to cash in on this because theres no way this guy would be getting another contract again. They're not dumb, they know Martin is not mentally tough enough for the NFL and has drug/suicidal problems that he needs to get help for.
TonyMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 09:26 PM   #64
Bless Mathews
Fucc Darrell Bevell!!!

Bless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyMontana
Ricky Williams: "Maybe Martin doesn't belong in NFL"
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...-belong-in-nfl

No player has Jonathan Martins back, hes a bitch. Ricky was a guy who went through some mental problems of his own and an ex-teammate of Incognito. So his opinion is quite relevant here.

It's obvious what's going on . Martin can't handle the NFL and when he ran home to his lawyer parents, they told him that voicemail from Incognito was perfect evidence to make him a scapegoat for this whole mess. Even Ricky said he'd take no offense to it and fire back with "alright redneck lool". These type of comments are NORMAL in masculine brotherhoods like sports teams and military units.

So what this all comes down to is $$$$$. Jonathan Martins parents are trying to cash in on this because theres no way this guy would be getting another contract again. They're not dumb, they know Martin is not mentally tough enough for the NFL and has drug/suicidal problems that he needs to get help for.

Word. A big sissy. NONE of the dolphins players said they didn't notice anything out of the norm. Just " joking around like brothers do" head coach HAS to say what he's saying in this politically correct world. Behind close doors he has the same thoughts. You REALLY don't think he saw anything? ????? He did. And was just teammates being teammates.

As a black man that played high school and community college b ball, I would take no offense to the comments. We FAMILY. the NFL is known for hazing rookies.

WHY DIDN'T ANY OF OTHER BLACK TEAMMATES GO OFF? ???!!!???????
Bless Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 09:29 PM   #65
Bless Mathews
Fucc Darrell Bevell!!!

Bless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this board

And this voicemail ..

Notice "laughter " THE DUDE WAS JOKING! !!!!!!!

Bunch of sissies ...smh.
Old 11-05-2013, 09:35 PM   #66
Bless Mathews
Fucc Darrell Bevell!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
I understand this kind of hazing is probably part of the NFL culture, but this does seem a bit extreme. That voice message is about as vulgar as you can get, making racial and homophobic slurs while threatening someone's family?

I know I wouldn't find it funny.
"Laughter " HE WAS JOKING.

Why hasn't he played it???!!!???!!! Was there more in voicemail? ?? Did he say something like "c u at practice " laughing after? ??

Bunch of fuccin sissies.
Old 11-05-2013, 10:13 PM   #67
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I love how all the internet tough guys want Martin to fight. I hate to break it to you moron's, typing insults on a computer is not fighting someone.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 12:28 AM   #68
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
By saying what he said he defamed his own character. He's obviously racist and there's no legit argument to be made in his defense.

How is he "obviously" racist? If a person uses the word "bitch" "whore" are they "obviously" sexist? When kobe used the word f*g is he an obvious homophobe? Maybe it's due to the fact he is in a lockerroom that is probably close to 80% African American and has been neutralized by the meaning of the word because it is probably used daily by his peers.

The guy is an asshole no doubt (I would bet majority of NFL players are to some degree) but racist? I'm not sure. That's a tough claim to make based off of one transcript.

Even the transcript wasn't so bad if you take it into context. The guy was drafted and it looked like Incognito was trying to toughen him up with some trash talk. Was it extreme? Maybe, but the Fins knew what type of guy he is. The whole league knows him as this type. All of a sudden it's an scandal? Thanks BSPN.

Quote:
Weren't they asked to comment right after practice? I sincerely doubt any of them had been on Twitter reading the latest developments in the Martin-Incognito fiasco prior to making their statements.

Maybe, I'm not sure but I find it weird not one player was supporting the other party.

Last edited by ALBballer : 11-06-2013 at 12:32 AM.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 01:08 AM   #69
MavsSuperFan
NBA rookie of the year

MavsSuperFan has a terrific reputationMavsSuperFan has a terrific reputationMavsSuperFan has a terrific reputationMavsSuperFan has a terrific reputationMavsSuperFan has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
I love how all the internet tough guys want Martin to fight. I hate to break it to you moron's, typing insults on a computer is not fighting someone.
You got to admit it somewhat vindicates Incognito that his teammates have his back.

I think mike wallace even said he loves richie and wishes he were still there.

I dont think I have heard one dolphin player in a mostly black locker room stand up for martin.

They all seem to miss incognito and think he got shafted.
MavsSuperFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 02:23 AM   #70
zoom17
Relax

zoom17 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzoom17 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzoom17 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzoom17 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzoom17 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzoom17 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzoom17 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzoom17 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzoom17 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzoom17 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

what richie did was dumb but martin seems like a ***** also many dolphins players are backing richie so maybe the media is blowing it out of prop ration
zoom17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 02:39 AM   #71
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBballer
How is he "obviously" racist? If a person uses the word "bitch" "whore" are they "obviously" sexist? When kobe used the word f*g is he an obvious homophobe? Maybe it's due to the fact he is in a lockerroom that is probably close to 80% African American and has been neutralized by the meaning of the word because it is probably used daily by his peers.
If you treat a derogatory term like an insult then yes, you're being a racist. If you can't see that from what he said then I don't know what I can say to change your mind.
Quote:
Even the transcript wasn't so bad if you take it into context. The guy was drafted and it looked like Incognito was trying to toughen him up with some trash talk. Was it extreme? Maybe, but the Fins knew what type of guy he is. The whole league knows him as this type. All of a sudden it's an scandal? Thanks BSPN.
Toughen him up? That's what you got out of that? Somehow you can't see the racism when he calls him a ****** but the two years of bullying was for his benefit? The 15k for Vegas was to make him a better player? I'm just going to disagree.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 06:05 AM   #72
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

StateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation here

They probably support Incognito because he never called them a half-n*gger. They might feel a bit different.
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 07:03 AM   #73
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateProperty
They probably support Incognito because he never called them a half-n*gger. They might feel a bit different.
He called Pouncey "******" on a TMZ video. I will say that close friends of different races will put up with racial slurs from one another because they know each other well and know there's no ill intent. But in Martin's case, there's clearly no love between him and Incognito.
Old 11-06-2013, 08:43 AM   #74
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
You got to admit it somewhat vindicates Incognito that his teammates have his back.

I think mike wallace even said he loves richie and wishes he were still there.

I dont think I have heard one dolphin player in a mostly black locker room stand up for martin.

They all seem to miss incognito and think he got shafted.

You can't bully people at your workplace. Because your victim is weak and won't fight back, somehow this makes bullying better? Two years after a person joins your team, picking on him like this is not hazing, it's bullying. You know Incognito is basically a serial asshole, right? The fact the team seems to want him back badly shows me either a lot more people were in on this and are worried, or that the culture there is kind of poisonous.

This is the Dolphins, a franchise that perpetually underachieves. It's not like this is the 49ers where you would think "hmm, they respect him. Maybe there is something there". This is a bunch of losers who crack in every big moment who really think this guy should come back.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 09:04 AM   #75
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
Toughen him up? That's what you got out of that?
In my face: Dolphin coaches now allegedly asked Incognito to "toughen up" Martin. Apparently insanity ensued.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: