Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 11-06-2013, 10:21 AM   #76
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

Default Re: Jonathan Martin situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
If you treat a derogatory term like an insult then yes, you're being a racist. If you can't see that from what he said then I don't know what I can say to change your mind.

So again if a player used the word "b*tch" or "f*g" in a derogatory term does that make the player a sexist and/or homophobe? I have seen and heard these words used numerous times in trash talking or in an argument but I don't think I can conclude the person is a sexist or homophobe based off these things.

Quote:
Toughen him up? That's what you got out of that? Somehow you can't see the racism when he calls him a ****** but the two years of bullying was for his benefit? The 15k for Vegas was to make him a better player? I'm just going to disagree.

This is a strawman's argument, I was only referring to the infamous voicemail which came across to me like extreme trash talking to toughen him up. The other stuff is obviously over the top and dirtbag moves (ie like the vegas trip.)
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 10:28 AM   #77
Real Men Wear Green
Your ad here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBballer
So again if a player used the word "b*tch" or "f*g" in a derogatory term does that make the player a sexist and/or homophobe? I have seen and heard these words used numerous times in trash talking or in an argument but I don't think I can conclude the person is a sexist or homophobe based off these things.
It can very often be the result of a bigoted mentality. When you treat a known negative term for a certain group of people like an insult it is often because you find traits of that group to be negative. When a man calls another man a "***" it's often because there's something about his behavior he finds to be effeminate. It can also be used out of pure hate but that certainly does not mean the person casting the insult isn't a bigot. You don't have to be actively persecuting a race to be a racist.
Real Men Wear Green is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 10:41 AM   #78
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
In my face: Dolphin coaches now allegedly asked Incognito to "toughen up" Martin. Apparently insanity ensued.

Haha, this is going to be such a mess. How does sending someone threatening messages and extorting money from them toughen them up?
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 10:52 AM   #79
Real Men Wear Green
Your ad here

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
Haha, this is going to be such a mess. How does sending someone threatening messages and extorting money from them toughen them up?
They clearly chose the wrong man for the job. Martin may just make more money in the court of law than he ever would have got out of the Dolphins for his play on the field.
Real Men Wear Green is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 11:23 AM   #80
MavsSuperFan
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
I think incognito intended that martin get mad and fight him. I think he was trying to in his mind get martin to stand up to him.
MavsSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 01:40 PM   #81
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
I think incognito intended that martin get mad and fight him. I think he was trying to in his mind get martin to stand up to him.
He's been harassing him for two years, even before this
Old 11-06-2013, 02:14 PM   #82
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Quote:
In my face: Dolphin coaches now allegedly asked Incognito to "toughen up" Martin. Apparently insanity ensued.

Worst locker room management ever. Looks like they are going to be cleaning house soon.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 04:29 PM   #83
niko
I Run NY.

What's with the desire to discuss if he is racist or not? Who gives a shit? How is that relevant?
Old 11-06-2013, 04:55 PM   #84
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
What's with the desire to discuss if he is racist or not? Who gives a shit? How is that relevant?
Because intent based on racism is viewed as more malicious than your run of the mill lockerroom hazing.

Incognito has given everyone a myriad of reasons to despise him over the years. He's widely viewed as the dirtiest player in the league and has been since he came into the NFL. This is just the feather in his douche cap.
RedBlackAttack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 05:20 PM   #85
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
Because intent based on racism is viewed as more malicious than your run of the mill lockerroom hazing.

Incognito has given everyone a myriad of reasons to despise him over the years. He's widely viewed as the dirtiest player in the league and has been since he came into the NFL. This is just the feather in his douche cap.
Bullying is bullying. I don't think it's racially motivated, nor do i think the lack of racial motivation means anything.

My favorite is somehow people think Incognito is less guilty because his victim is weaker. Which means its worse to bully people who fight back...huh?
Old 11-06-2013, 07:10 PM   #86
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

So now the QB of the team supports Incognito and thought they were "best friends."

“I think if you had asked Jon Martin a week before who his best friend on the team was, he would have said Richie Incognito,” Tannehill said. “The first guy to stand up for Jonathan when anything went down on the field, any kind of tussle, Richie was the first guy there. When we would hang on off the field, outside football, who was together? Richie and Jon. I’m not in those guys’ shoes, I can’t explain what’s going on.”

“I had no clue about the voicemail. I had never seen that, never heard about that,” Tannehill said.

“He was the best teammate I could ask for,” Tannehill said of Incognito.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-best-friends/

Adds a different perspective to things if they were actually viewed as good buddies in the lockerroom.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 07:12 PM   #87
christian1923
Y'all ni**** trippin

This story makes me really dislike johnathon Martin. I see why they called him big weirdo. His problems go way beyond football and incognito.
christian1923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 08:48 PM   #88
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Of course the teammates are gonna support Incognito. Their entire locker room, and maybe coaching staff is about to be turned upside down.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 10:30 PM   #89
TonyMontana
Local High School Star

For all of you little wimps actully defending Martin here are some more player comments thanks to this gentleman right here. https://twitter.com/HubbuchNYP

This is my favorite

Brian Hartline on Jonathan Martin: "This was the same guy who was laughing about the voicemail once upon a time."

According to dolphins players, Martin was showing them the voicemail/text and passing it around laughing a couple months ago. Don't say TonyMontana wasn't right(I always am).

If anyone is still defending him turn in your man card. The dude had a mental breakdown and mostly due to his lawyer parents, tried blaming it on Incognito because of the physical evidence they had in their possesion(a drunken voicemail) and the fact that Incognito has an awful reputation, he was a quality scapegoat.

Jonathan Martin and his family are a bunch of ***** snakes and need to accept that Martin just isn't cut out for the NFL rather than play the victim card and ruin Incognito. Makes me ****ing sick and I'd love to beat the shit out of all of these *******.
TonyMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 11:17 PM   #90
Bless Mathews
454 Dumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyMontana
For all of you little wimps actully defending Martin here are some more player comments thanks to this gentleman right here. https://twitter.com/HubbuchNYP

This is my favorite

Brian Hartline on Jonathan Martin: "This was the same guy who was laughing about the voicemail once upon a time."

According to dolphins players, Martin was showing them the voicemail/text and passing it around laughing a couple months ago. Don't say TonyMontana wasn't right(I always am).

If anyone is still defending him turn in your man card. The dude had a mental breakdown and mostly due to his lawyer parents, tried blaming it on Incognito because of the physical evidence they had in their possesion(a drunken voicemail) and the fact that Incognito has an awful reputation, he was a quality scapegoat.

Jonathan Martin and his family are a bunch of ***** snakes and need to accept that Martin just isn't cut out for the NFL rather than play the victim card and ruin Incognito. Makes me ****ing sick and I'd love to beat the shit out of all of these *******.

Word life niggah. Fuccin Sissy boy. Martin acting like a spoiled white kid. His half black coard should be pulled.
Bless Mathews is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: