Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 11-17-2014, 01:37 PM   #1
barkleynash
Local High School Star

Default Raps need to get out of round one this year

Not sure of other people's opinions, but I think the raps really need to get out of round one this year to keep up there momentum. It will help them sign a free agent and give them more experience.
This is why a trade for a front court player is so crucial. I still think we should be going out and getting David West to shore up our front line. Good two way player, tough as nails, can shoot it, score it a bit and defend other bigs and not get pushed around. He can come off the bench with Amir and raps can put Patterson into the starting five. Or keep amir starting and have west and Patterson come off the bench. I kinda like amir as our back up center going forward.

I feel like our first round match-up is going to be either Brooklyn or Miami or the hawks. Three experienced teams that all scare me. West would give us the experience and toughness we so desperately need to get out of that round.

thoughts?

Last edited by barkleynash : 11-17-2014 at 01:41 PM.
barkleynash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 02:26 PM   #2
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Default Re: Raps need to get out of round one this year

Anything less than a 2nd round appearance is a disappointment this season. I said it going into this year. A round one win is expected and I wouldn't be shocked to see them in the Conference finals. But again, I'm biased and generally very optimistic about the Raptors.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 04:47 PM   #3
barkleynash
Local High School Star

Can they do it with this current roster? I'm still a bit nervous about that. Depends on the match-up.

I don't think they do it if Val and Ross are bit players like they were in last years playoffs. They must take the leap to consistency. If they do, I'm extremely confident in a round one win. If not, it could be very similar to last year. JJ and Sweet Lou are two very good additions who filled needs. I do think we need one more quality big.
Old 11-17-2014, 05:57 PM   #4
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

I think there will be a mid-season trade upgrading either SF or PF. Amir's wonky ankles are worrisome, Patterson can fill in but after that we are fairly thin in our front court. If Amir rolls his ankle in a playoff round it would screw us over pretty good. That's why I think we will target Millsap in trade or this offseason with the $20M+ Fields/Hayes/Amir expiring money.
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 06:57 PM   #5
barkleynash
Local High School Star

Yeah, I like Millsap a lot.
Probably have to wait until the summer. Masai doesn't strike me as a guy willing to give away first round picks. He does have 3 in the next 2 drafts though. .
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: