Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-20-2014, 12:08 AM   #16
SourGrapes
let's go lake show!

SourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Getting shoulder surgery...

Actually, op, what are the pre-op workouts you've been doing?
SourGrapes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 12:14 AM   #17
Draz
Like a Baoss.

Draz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

How did you dislocate?
Draz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 03:06 AM   #18
sundizz
Local High School Star

sundizz has decent reputationsundizz has decent reputation

OP you weak. You don't need surgery. Read MindBody Prescription before you go under the knife. Give your body a chance to heal itself first.
sundizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 11:17 PM   #19
JerrySteakhouse
WE FIGHT! WE FIGHT!

JerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundizz
OP you weak. You don't need surgery. Read MindBody Prescription before you go under the knife. Give your body a chance to heal itself first.
I did... I first dislocated it in 2009... Three dislocations and one subluxation since... MRI showed extensive damage and labrum was badly torn... It is very unstable... I put on 18 lbs of muscle in 2-3 months and it still popped out, even gave myself a lot of time off... Plus it is a lot more mental now, I can't even extend my arm without thinking about it dislocating...

Getting the surgery tomorrow morning, hopefully it goes well and I can be hooping like I use to with no fear...
JerrySteakhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 06:07 PM   #20
JerrySteakhouse
WE FIGHT! WE FIGHT!

JerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

A month later... Surgery went well, was on a sling for 4 weeks and just started physio today. They say my ROM looks good and I didn't lose too much muscle but it is still a long road to recovery. Can barely use the arm and the pain is still there... I hope to be back on the court by August, but I won't rush it.
Old 02-27-2014, 07:31 PM   #21
Bandito
NBA Role Player

Bandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Listen to your brain, don't rush anything. It is going to suck for this year but it is better for a year to suck for a couple of years to suck even worse. What I though was going to be a couple of months turn to 4 months without any gym time for me.

I injured my wrist and then reinjure it when I try to put to much weight on it. It is the worst, listen to your body.
Bandito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 06:14 PM   #22
JerrySteakhouse
WE FIGHT! WE FIGHT!

Progress is slow but apparently I'm ahead of schedule... This is tough mentally, can't ball for a few more months
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: