Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 08-07-2013, 07:52 PM   #1
Hoodlum Science
Deity ★ Persona

Hoodlum Science is starting to rub some people the wrong wayHoodlum Science is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Carson Palmer in ARZ...

I'm finally starting to come to the realization that Carson Palmer just isn't the commodity he once was; and to be honest, hasn't been in awhile (a good while). When Palmer was (finally) traded to Oakland, I knew it would be the resurrection of the Carson of old, but come on - we're talking about the Raiders here!

Dude did throw 4,000+ yards last season, accompanied by 22/14, on paper, a decent season, but again, we're talking about the Raiders. So let's see here, at the time of his draft, he was selected by arguably the worst franchise of the previous decade ... fast forward later traded to arguably one of the worst franchises of their previous decade ... and lastly, the Cardinals.

Historically speaking, is there any worse combination of suck-ass teams one player could land throughout their career? Granted, ARZ has had recent success, even a SB run, but let's be real here, they were never a contender, and doubtful they'll be in the future unless major changes are made. Is Carson Palmer just a very unlucky dude?

Surely I'm being biased here, but before CP went down from that dirty play by Kimo Von Oelhoffen, am I being too CP-happy when I say dude was positioned and looked to be a Top 3 to Top 5 ish for MANY seasons to come? Before the emergence of guys like Brees, Eli, Rodgers, etc. - Palmer was a solid # 3 behind both Peyton and Tom Brady ... and at times, demonstrated greatness that put him right up there with those two guys.

From the way it looks, with the likes of Ryan Lindley, Drew Stanton and the rookie Caleb Terbush (?) - can we confidently say Palmer will be their starting QB come Game 1?

Being a Bengals fan, I'm glad we drafted CP with the # 1 pick of his draft class. It's very difficult to say how his career would or could have turned out if let's say he was somehow drafted by a "winning" franchise and never had an early career-threatening injury ... but you could make an argument he had the potential to be one of the greatest QB's of all-time.

Personally, I think he's just had some very bad luck throughout his career.
Hoodlum Science is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 12:56 PM   #2
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Carson Palmer in ARZ...

Can you finally let go of Carson Palmer? He's a tuna can.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 07:07 PM   #3
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Until the day the Bengals win the Super Bowl (IF that ever happens), the 2005 Bengals will always be my favorite squad of all time. That was such a fun team to watch. However, if I'm not mistaken, their final 2 losses of that year is what cost them a first round bye. KC was the final loss, who finished 10-6 that year, so losing that seems somewhat understandable, but losing the prior game to lowly Buffalo is a horrible memory that sticks out.

I look at that 2005 playoff game as one of the most pivotal games in the history of the NFL. One team's fortunes skyrocketed afterwards, to the tune of 2 super bowls and the other's plummeted, as we are still in search of a playoff win. Up until that point, the post 1970s Steelers were known as the team that always choked on the big stage, and the Bengals looked like they had a dynasty in the making. However, even if they win that game, they didn't have the D to shut down Peyton Manning and co. the following week.

As for Palmer, in addition to the knee injury, I think an equally crucial break in his career was him choosing not to have the Tommy John surgery in 2008. Arm strength never recovered.

Despite all this, I still wear his gameday jersey on Sundays sometimes bc I'm too cheap to buy a new one
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 02:48 PM   #4
JMT
NBA lottery pick

JMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation here

Palmer has been nothing since the Bengals decided to cut ties. His stats in Oakland were meaningless and born of playing from way behind week after week. He's a statue and all you have to do is move him off his spot.

Arizona made a horrible blunder in bringing him in. They'll finish just close enough to decent that people will think there's a future. There isn't.
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: