Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-02-2013, 07:52 PM   #16
NewYorkNoPicks
National High School Star

NewYorkNoPicks has decent reputationNewYorkNoPicks has decent reputation
Default Re: Andray Blatche fined $15k by bored NBA suits...

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
I also love not being a grouchy douche, because i don't want to step on your toes.

Yes, you have to be from Brooklyn to listen to WFAN, the other boroughs have their own radio stations.

That first one was funny i liked it...understated with an almost aristocratic aura to it.

Thats fine ill be the grouchy douche here.... Im the Scott Steiner of this forum.
NewYorkNoPicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 03:07 PM   #17
kNicKz
College superstar

kNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected poster

I watched this 3 times and still have no idea what he is being fined for...?
kNicKz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 03:09 PM   #18
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkNoPicks
That first one was funny i liked it...understated with an almost aristocratic aura to it.

Thats fine ill be the grouchy douche here.... Im the Scott Steiner of this forum.
No, you're more along the lines of a hipster whose latte was served with less foam than he liked it.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 03:46 PM   #19
HurricaneKid
National High School Star

HurricaneKid has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
His agent fees are around 4% and he's paying 30% of it in taxes. He will still walk with 45k after the night. Plus, his fine is tax deductible as well, so he'll get some of that money back. Anyways, I don't care about his money, I care about mine. It's crazy how large these checks are of NBA players.

Then you have conglomerate personalities like LeBron earning more money in endorsements than in NBA salary.

Federal tax rate - 33%
NY State tax - 8.8%
City of NY - 3.6%
Agent fees -4%

49.4%

It should also be pointed out that Blatche makes 1.35MM/82 = 16,770/gm. Of which he kept 50.6% = $8484. So the fine was ~2 games of income.

It also just came out that 73% of NBA players are broke within 5 years of leaving the NBA. $#!! like this is one reason.

If your boss took ~2.3% of your annual take home because you made a dumb gesture you would certainly be pissed. Not only that but the average NBA career is 6 years. So this could be akin to a .4% CAREER fine.
HurricaneKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 04:23 PM   #20
bagelred
Welcome Home, LBJ

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

$15,000 for that? Let me tell ya....David Stern has HUGE balls to fine him for that....balls THIS big.....

Shit! Stern just fined me for that.
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 08:28 PM   #21
Ancient Legend
Possessed by B-Ball

Ancient Legend is a pretty well-respected posterAncient Legend is a pretty well-respected posterAncient Legend is a pretty well-respected poster

All money from these Big Ball Dance fines should go to researching Testicular Cancer.
Ancient Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 08:31 PM   #22
russwest0
FREE BUDADIIII

russwest0 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsrusswest0 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsrusswest0 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsrusswest0 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsrusswest0 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsrusswest0 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts

I like how they fine him for this but just let LeBron disgrace the game with 2-3 obvious flops every game; flops they are supposed to fine players for
russwest0 is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: