Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-02-2013, 02:56 PM   #1
Donkey4trading
I hit open 5-footers

Donkey4trading has an OK reputation so far
Default Are we going to act like the Nets head coach isn't a wife beater and a drunk?

Honest question, it makes it hard to root for that team. Whoever was on commentary last night said it best, the "penalties" they gave Kidd was a joke.

They should suspend him for the year and let the assistant coach run it. Don't they have Lawrence frank on the staff? He could get the job done easily.

It sad too cause I used to like J Kid, but sadly he's a drunk who hits woman. How can his players respect him as a man?
Donkey4trading is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 02:58 PM   #2
Eric Cartman
respect my authoritah

Eric Cartman is considered somewhat coolEric Cartman is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Are we going to act like the Nets head coach isn't a wife beater and a drunk?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey4trading

Honest question, it makes it hard to root for that team. Whoever was on commentary last night said it best, the "penalties" they gave Kidd was a joke.

They should suspend him for the year and let the assistant coach run it. Don't they have Lawrence frank on the staff? He could get the job done easily.

It sad too cause I used to like J Kid, but sadly he's a drunk who hits woman. How can his players respect him as a man?

Kobe is a rapist and should receive a ban for life.
Eric Cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 03:02 PM   #3
eSOL
I hit open 5-footers

eSOL has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Are we going to act like the Nets head coach isn't a wife beater and a drunk?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Cartman
Kobe is a rapist and should receive a ban for life.

hahahaha Epic Ether
eSOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 03:13 PM   #4
Crafty
fcporto

Crafty has an OK reputation so far

Yes. He's called humble, an example and stuff like that, but the man was charged with domestic violence for beating his wife and already got several DUIs. Can you imagine what would the response be if it was Lebron or even Kobe.
Crafty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 03:18 PM   #5
KyrieTheFuture
College superstar

KyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crafty
Yes. He's called humble, an example and stuff like that, but the man was charged with domestic violence for beating his wife and already got several DUIs. Can you imagine what would the response be if it was Lebron or even Kobe.
Being humble and being a wife beater are mutually exclusive. However, he's only called a role model because he was good and he's white.
KyrieTheFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 03:25 PM   #6
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Go Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation here

If we held athletes to moral standards like in the OP we'd be watching a bunch of stiffs every night. I'm more concerned with the morals of our country's politicians and CEOs.
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 03:29 PM   #7
KyrieTheFuture
College superstar

KyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Getter
If we held athletes to moral standards like in the OP we'd be watching a bunch of stiffs every night. I'm more concerned with the morals of our country's politicians and CEOs.
I'd rather have someone with the morals of today's athletes than today's politicians and (most) business leaders.
KyrieTheFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 05:34 PM   #8
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I would say he's a man who has made stupid decision, namely marrying crazy women he can't deal with. Drunk implies he has a drinking issue, when has that been the case?

He's made stupid mistakes, he's lucky his name is Jason Kidd or he'd not be a coach coming off a DUI. Nothing is happening now though. And if it ever happens again, chances are he won't be an NBA coach anymore.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 07:43 PM   #9
get these NETS
you can't stop me

get these NETS is a pretty well-respected posterget these NETS is a pretty well-respected posterget these NETS is a pretty well-respected posterget these NETS is a pretty well-respected poster

I found it hard to believe that he got hired with the DUI charge hanging over his head also.

He had the press conference announcing he was the coach about 3 weeks before the case was decided.

I think Kidd has photos of important people in compromising situations...I also think that Isiah Thomas has those kinds of pictures also.

when you think about it......domestic abuse arrest and dui arrest...really almost unfathomable that kidd has any front office job...much less a head coaching gig
get these NETS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 07:53 PM   #10
Duderonomy
Nothing but NETS

Duderonomy has not been impressing people

Kidd is smart, he always got top dollar as a player and somehow got to be a rookie coach on a win now roster.
Duderonomy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 08:23 PM   #11
Flash31
Local High School Star

Flash31 is a pretty well-respected posterFlash31 is a pretty well-respected posterFlash31 is a pretty well-respected poster

Michael Jordan,Karl Malone,Dr J,
Kobe Bryant,Dwight Howard,Larry Bird,KG,
Oscar,Kareem,Magic,Isiah

were all great basketball players yet Horrible Off the Court and some ON the court

Ali,Tyson,Pacquiao,Mayweather,Marciano same thing

If ya go through the NBA,most stars were douchebags,piles of sht,horrible people off the court,but on the court GOAT at Basketball

And if you are not rooting for the Nets or find them unlikeable due to one person Kidd,and not also including KG,pierce,Terry but eh,
but if it's just for that one person who's a coach too, you won't find many teams likeable then either
Flash31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 08:26 PM   #12
Bigsmoke
Death Before Dishonor

Bigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputation

People get drunk and beat up wifes in Oakland all the time
Bigsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 09:55 PM   #13
Miss Bella
I miss open layups

Miss Bella is a pretty well-respected posterMiss Bella is a pretty well-respected posterMiss Bella is a pretty well-respected poster

Who cares, he is leading the Nets all the way to the final.
Miss Bella is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: