Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Sacramento Kings Forum

Sacramento Kings Forum Sacramento Kings forum - Sacramento Kings message board

Old 02-25-2007, 11:14 PM   #1
Targus™
Good college starter

Targus™ has an OK reputation so far
Thumbs up Kings beat Pacers, 110-93

On the game:

That was a great great win, we really needed that after starting off 0-2 on the road trip. No artest, no problem. Our gaurds stepped it up like they had to. We started off slugish as they took control but in the third, Mike Bibby and Kevin Martin basically took over. The bench came in and gave us a big lift, especially Sisco and his 2 three-balls whenever Indy made a run. Our defensive was horrible in the first half, Musselman had to switch it up and it worked. Great win. We should do this more often, have Artest scheduled to play and then drop'em at the last minute for personal reasons lol. Like Armstrong said on the postgame, they were so focused and prepared for Ron Artest that they weren't expecting what the others could do to them.

Great Games By:

Kevin Martin: 35 points! He was really struggling early but the great thing about Kevin Martin is that he will find other ways to score. He used to speed and quickness to get by his defenders to the rim, and got to the line I think 23 times. He knew he would get more shots with Ron Artest out, and he took advantage of it. Without Ron Ron, the offence has more a free, loose and uptempo style that benefits our gaurds who like to run and push the ball. 27 fast break points proves it.

Mike Bibby: 28 Points, that's more like the Mike Bibby we know. He was knocking down the jumpers early and good starts are key to his game. 10 of 17 is effecient, but take a look at his three point shooting, 4 for 5. Had 6 dimes to top it all off, great game.

The Bench: They gave us the boost that a team on the road needs so much and it really paid off tonight. Shareef had 10 points, Francisco with 10, Ronnie Price was hustling. When you're away from home it's nice to know you're going to be helped out offensively by your second unit.

let's get a streak going here and get into the playoffs, boyz
Targus™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 02:36 AM   #2
BradMiller52
Kings fan

BradMiller52 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Kings beat Pacers, 110-93

Thanks for making the thread man.

You know who really impressed me? Ronnie Price. That guy never gives up. He got blocked by Jermaine O'neal and he put it back up, he always tries to get out on the fast break, he plays really good defense, and he has a lot of potential IMO. His mid range J seems pretty good and he's a good slasher. I really like this guy for the PG of the future for us(people might think I'm crazy) because he compliments Kevin pretty well IMO. Kevin doesn't really play defense well, but he's starting to learn how to create for other guys with some pretty nice passes. Ronnie doesn't really create for other guys yet but he plays good D which can help make up for Kevin's lack of defense and he's pretty good at driving and shooting from mid range. They both love to push the ball up the floor.

Kevin played well in the 2nd half. He did a good job of getting to the line and he got fouled a lot when Indy tried to stop his fast break lay ups. He sucked in most of the first half but he didn't give up which was nice considering if he doesn't shoot well he usually just kinda stops playing(confidence issue I guess). Loved his dunk on Jermaine although Jermaine stopped him like 2 or 3 times. I really loved the way he stayed aggressive. I wish he would play like that more often.

A couple other thoughts:

Man I think either way we are screwed. If Mike keeps playing this well he can opt out and get a nice deal(just look at Peja) while we get nothing for him(although we could sign some other guys on the FA market which might be good). If he starts playing badly again his contract is bad and we won't get a very good deal for him. It's pretty hard for me to picture a scenario where he keeps playing this well and he stays, which is obviously what would probably be best. But I dunno, we'll see what happens during draft day and the rest of this summer.

I think we should deal Ron. He has been pretty awesome for us but he probably has the most trade value out of our guys considering his contract and overall skills. I could see him fitting in really well on a team like Miami, where we could get like Jason Williams(his contract becomes an expiring after this summer), Dorrel Wright, and maybe their lottery pick(or their pick that's close to the lottery, either way it's good/decent). The team seems to play a little better without him IMO. I dunno, have to see how that works out in the summer too I guess.
BradMiller52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 04:05 AM   #3
Targus™
Good college starter

Targus™ has an OK reputation so far

true that, but it's only 1 game, maybe if Artest doesn't play on Tuesday which he might not and we blow them out playing the same free style we played tonight, we'll start to get ideas. but it's way pre-mature obviously, but I did like the way the team looked w/o him as good as he is. a team missing a key player usually plays better because everybody knows they have to step up, doing it consistently lol that's a whole different story.

Last edited by Targus™ : 02-26-2007 at 04:08 AM.
Targus™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 11:09 AM   #4
Perezident
Kings>>>Clippers

Perezident has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targus™
On the game:

That was a great great win, we really needed that after starting off 0-2 on the road trip. No artest, no problem. Our gaurds stepped it up like they had to. We started off slugish as they took control but in the third, Mike Bibby and Kevin Martin basically took over. The bench came in and gave us a big lift, especially Sisco and his 2 three-balls whenever Indy made a run. Our defensive was horrible in the first half, Musselman had to switch it up and it worked. Great win. We should do this more often, have Artest scheduled to play and then drop'em at the last minute for personal reasons lol. Like Armstrong said on the postgame, they were so focused and prepared for Ron Artest that they weren't expecting what the others could do to them.

Great Games By:

Kevin Martin: 35 points! He was really struggling early but the great thing about Kevin Martin is that he will find other ways to score. He used to speed and quickness to get by his defenders to the rim, and got to the line I think 23 times. He knew he would get more shots with Ron Artest out, and he took advantage of it. Without Ron Ron, the offence has more a free, loose and uptempo style that benefits our gaurds who like to run and push the ball. 27 fast break points proves it.

Mike Bibby: 28 Points, that's more like the Mike Bibby we know. He was knocking down the jumpers early and good starts are key to his game. 10 of 17 is effecient, but take a look at his three point shooting, 4 for 5. Had 6 dimes to top it all off, great game.

The Bench: They gave us the boost that a team on the road needs so much and it really paid off tonight. Shareef had 10 points, Francisco with 10, Ronnie Price was hustling. When you're away from home it's nice to know you're going to be helped out offensively by your second unit.

let's get a streak going here and get into the playoffs, boyz
lol that posts looks familiar : did somebody finally descided to join realgm??? lol :)

any way great game last night hopefully that interview bibby was on and was quoted on what he says comes through and we do "try" make the playoffs
idk if he is trying to up his trade value for the draft/offseason but its surely working the other night tallied 35 now tonight 28...Keep it up bibby its working
Perezident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 03:25 PM   #5
BradMiller52
Kings fan

BradMiller52 has an OK reputation so far

Honestly I think Bibby is playing for a contract now. He realizes he's not really wanted by the Kings org now so he wants to opt out but he can't make the money he wants unless he finishes the 2nd half of the season really well. I think he tried to kill his trade value for a while there so he would stay but Geoff really managed to piss him off/hurt him by leaking the trade rumors to every member of the media ever.
BradMiller52 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: