Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 08-10-2013, 09:46 PM   #1
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation
Default I don't think I've felt as good about a vegas line as the Cards over 5.5 wins.

The big reason they sucked last year was the QB play was just brutal along with the OLine. With Carson there.... he's at least competent, perhaps even good.

Look at the roster.....

QB - Palmer

Weapons - Fitzgerald, Floyd, Mendenhall, Roberts (very underrated slot wideout)

OLine significantly upgraded with Levi coming back, drafting Cooper, signing Winston.

DLine has two pro bowl caliber plays in Campbell and Dockett....and a solid nose tackle in Williams.

All Pro caliber inside linebacker... Minter/Dansby complimenting.

John Abraham, Sam Acho and Alex Okafor as outside pass rushers.

All Pro caliber CB in Peterson....nice depth behind him with Cason and Powers and.

Yerimiah Bell my guy Tyrann Mathieu at safety.

I look at that roster and feel confident they win more than 5 games this year.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 10:52 PM   #2
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: I don't think I've felt as good about a vegas line as the Cards over 5.5 wins.

They are in the hardest division in the NFL and Palmer really isn't that great.

I would take the over too but I wouldn't feel like it's a lock or anything
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 07:50 AM   #3
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: I don't think I've felt as good about a vegas line as the Cards over 5.5 wins.

I'm looking at their schedule where do you see 6 wins?
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 07:52 AM   #4
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Rams
Lions
@Saints
@Bucs
Panthers
49ers
Seahawks
Falcons
Texans
@Jags
Colts
@Eagles
Rams
@Titans
Seahawks
49ers

Last edited by GOBB : 08-11-2013 at 07:55 AM.
Old 08-11-2013, 08:15 AM   #5
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

They had a tough schedule last year too and won 5 games.... and now I feel like they're a much better team with the additions they have made. Palmer alone is a significant upgrade at the most important position.

Here's what their QB's did last year:

3383 yards
11 TDS
21 INT
63 QB Rating

That's just brutal. Carson is way better than that.
Old 08-11-2013, 09:23 AM   #6
wagexslave
Messiahbolical

wagexslave is a pretty well-respected posterwagexslave is a pretty well-respected posterwagexslave is a pretty well-respected posterwagexslave is a pretty well-respected poster

People are stupid for sleeping on them this year because of their record last year. Even last year with their historically awful o-line they started the year 4-0 beating good teams, but injuries just killed them. Especially once Kolb went down, they were done. When garbage ass Kevin Kolb can lead you to a 4-0 record that should tell you how good the rest of the team is. But unfortunately they had to start Lindley/Skelton who were just THAT BAD. Never seen so many pick 6's and 3-and-outs in my life as when those 2 were starting. And Wisenhunt/Russ Grim's coaching was a joke as well, which is why they're not on the team anymore. But honestly if they even had DECENT QB/O-line play/coaching last year they would've been legit SB contenders.

Now this offseason not only did they fix their problems but they ALSO further fortified their strengths on top of it. Steve Keim is going to be an epic-level GM. I've never seen a GM pull so many great moves within his first few months as a GM. Signing Palmer was the best option out there, drafting Matthieu in the 3rd was GENIUS, loading up the roster with talented players on the cheap, and even getting Karlos Dansby back on top of it all?!? They easily have a top 5 defense, the deepest receiving core in the league, and with the pieces they added to the O-line this offseason(as well as Arians playing 2 Tight Ends instead of a Fullback like Wisenhunt did) I could see them having one of the better pass-protecting o-lines in the league as well(which was their biggest weakness last year).

TBH now that they have a good o-line and a solid starting QB, the only real holes on the roster are RB and Kicker. I thought they should've got rid of Jay Feely... he's done. His leg is weak now, and his kicking accuracy is inconsistent. He already looked as terrible as I expected him to against the Packers. The RBs I'm just not sure about yet. Who knows, they might turn out better than I expect, I just don't know what to expect from them yet because they're all new to the team basically. This team isn't going to be a running team though anyways. They're going to be a passing team through and through with long bomb passes to Fitz/Roberts/Floyd/Housler all day long.

Overall, I highly doubt this team wins less than 8 games. Even with their relatively tough schedule, their roster is just too loaded with talent to have a losing record. And now that they finally have a coaching staff/front office that doesn't have their heads up their asses, this team may be a contender for years to come (so long as they can find a good replacement for stop-gap Palmer). I don't understand how they're being so overlooked. I don't think there's a team in the league that they don't stand a chance against beating on any given Sunday... I just hope injuries doesn't kill them again.

Last edited by wagexslave : 08-11-2013 at 09:26 AM.
wagexslave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 09:24 AM   #7
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Y.Bell is the weakest link in the secondary. Cards need help there. And Cards OL is subpar run blocking. Cards beat Seattle for one of those 5 wins. That will not happen this season. Like prime the over isnt as much of a lock as you think.

First half of the season they will be lucky to win 2 games.
Old 11-11-2013, 02:40 PM   #8
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Almost there.
Old 11-11-2013, 02:45 PM   #9
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

yeah they got it for sure...@Jags next week

now the question is...did you actually put any money down on this?
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 03:30 AM   #10
Bless Mathews
454 Dumper

Bless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Good call.
Bless Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: