Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 11-07-2013, 11:49 AM   #1
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

StateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation here
Default I Used To Love This Game

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/99...uilty-pleasure

Pretty good article
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 12:04 PM   #2
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: I Used To Love This Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateProperty

Just browsed the article but I am suffering from this now...just this morning on ESPN there was a segment on how Tony Dorsett is becoming near brain dead

Afer watching the PBS special, think it was called "League of Denial", it sealed the deal for me never allowing my son to play tackle football...not until he is in high school anyway...Pee Wee league was shown to be the worst time to have your brain rattled around.

I love watching Adrian Peterson, but every time he takes a hard hit now I can't help but to think "wow he is going to have severe mental issues later on"...and that really sucks

I'll say this though, GOING FORWARD...as long as I feel like every player in the NFL is aware of the risks, and has STILL made the decision to play on their own, as an adult...then that makes it a lot easier.

It should be viewed the same as smoking...smokers KNOW they are at high risk of cancer and still smoke...if NFL players KNOW they are at high risk for poor mental health and still play then it is on them...they made that choice
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 12:53 PM   #3
RoundMoundOfReb
Top 1 NBA/NFL Mind

RoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
It should be viewed the same as smoking...smokers KNOW they are at high risk of cancer and still smoke...if NFL players KNOW they are at high risk for poor mental health and still play then it is on them...they made that choice

This.
RoundMoundOfReb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 08:06 PM   #4
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'm currently reading the new book League of Denial (which the PBS doc was based on) - Really, really sad stuff.
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: