Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 11-12-2013, 03:01 AM   #1
Amar'e_Juwanna
Great young streetballer

Amar'e_Juwanna has decent reputation
Default Leonard/Drummond for Melo?

10 cat 8cat

J Wall
M Conley
R Felton
A Bradley
OJ Mayo
K Martin
K Leonard (traded)
T Young
P Millsap
Markieff Morris
A Bargnani
A Drummond (traded)
M Gasol
S Hawes

Now I have Melo. He's been boarding well, and I think his numbers will improve.
Assists and Blocks are my weak point, boards I can get from the waiver wire. Marcus Morris or DeJuan Blair maybe.
Amar'e_Juwanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 03:10 AM   #2
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Leonard/Drummond for Melo?

I have all 3 on my team

The main things Melo does is score, rebound, and keeps your free throw % pretty high. But if you can get rebounds from waivers, that means it is mostly scoring and free throws that Melo is really helping with.

Drummond+Leonard keeps your blocks high (which is a weak point of yours), keeps steals high with Leonard, and rebounds high (Drummond is likely higher in rebounds than what you can get on waivers by a bit).

I'd say unless FT% and scoring would really help you, I wouldn't go for Melo, because the other categories are likely better under Drummond/Leonard. Although, it would be helpful knowing who is available on your waiver wire that can fill up blocks/steals/assists/rebounds next to Melo if you go that route.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 10:35 PM   #3
Amar'e_Juwanna
Great young streetballer

I'm weak in Blocks and Assists.

I have great STL, could afford to lose Kawhi.
Old 11-13-2013, 11:14 PM   #4
longtime lurker
NBA sixth man of the year

longtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation here

Yes. blocks and assists can always be made up.
longtime lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 12:35 AM   #5
Amar'e_Juwanna
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtime lurker
Yes. blocks and assists can always be made up.

Is this sarcasm? I'm not awful in BLK btw.
Old 11-14-2013, 01:17 AM   #6
longtime lurker
NBA sixth man of the year

longtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amar'e_Juwanna
Is this sarcasm? I'm not awful in BLK btw.

Take the deal for Melo. You're trading a 4th and 6th rounder for a first rounder. Pick up guys off the waiver wire. You're in a 10 team league there's lots of value there. sorry if my post wasn't all that clear.
longtime lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: