Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 11-12-2013, 11:33 AM   #1
Shade8780
GOATin

Shade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Has Killzone become the Halo for Playstation?

Shadow Fall looks amazing, I think I'll probably end up getting it as a launch title for the PS4. Do you think it's as good as the Halo games on Xbox.
Shade8780 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 03:14 AM   #2
TheWINdyCity
Contested Fadaway

TheWINdyCity has not been impressing people
Default Re: Has Killzone become the Halo for Playstation?

no.
TheWINdyCity is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 03:37 AM   #3
Undisputed
Devil without a cause

Undisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I am really excited for the next generation Killzone games. Shadow Fall looks as if it has the potential to be an alltime great shooters...but I've been fooled before.
Undisputed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 07:53 PM   #4
outbreak
Custom User Title

outbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation here

the reviews for the new one are giving it 5/10, looks pretty but a horrible game apparently.
outbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 07:59 PM   #5
Rose
Moon Wizard

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by outbreak
the reviews for the new one are giving it 5/10, looks pretty but a horrible game apparently.
Polygon.

Keep in mind Polygon gave TLOU a 7.5 Polygon reviews are as valid as IGN.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 08:08 PM   #6
Heavincent
5-time NBA All-Star

Heavincent is a pretty well-respected posterHeavincent is a pretty well-respected posterHeavincent is a pretty well-respected posterHeavincent is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by outbreak

One crap website gave it a 5/10. Most of the half way credible sites gave it a decent/good score. Not that reviews even matter.

Still really pumped for this game. Looks like it could be the best FPS in quite a while (for me at least).
Heavincent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 08:34 PM   #7
CelticBaller
lite kobe

CelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

No way, Halo is a monumental game that paved the way fro console fps. It also launched Xbox into the big 3 of consoles
CelticBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 10:27 PM   #8
outbreak
Custom User Title

outbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavincent
One crap website gave it a 5/10. Most of the half way credible sites gave it a decent/good score. Not that reviews even matter.

Still really pumped for this game. Looks like it could be the best FPS in quite a while (for me at least).

I actually trust them mo re these days, most of the large sites review games based on which publishers are giving them money. Influences their scores a lot and sometimes it's blatantly obvious. I'll wait until I get a chance to play it though but I had the same thoughts about the last killzone too, was a pretty game but was bored after 15 minutes. Just didn't do it for me personally
outbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 11:41 PM   #9
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Polygon is horrible. The site doesn't have any identity so they try to generate hits by making outrageous reviews for big releases. There is no consitency or system to what they are doing, they are by far the most inconsistent and least trustworthy of all the big outlets. Not to mention the most pathetic.

That said, this game is mediocre at best. They don't make good launch games anymore, because it's a dumb business move. The userbase of fresh consoles is still limited, and the small number of releases means that your game is going to sell to that limited base no matter what. So it makes no sense to bring quality at launch. Not even to promote the system because the systems sell out for the first months anyway. If you have something good you shelf that shit for a few months and put it out a little later, that's how this works.

The last console with good launch games was the Gamecube for crying out loud, you'd think people know what the deal is by now.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 04:37 PM   #10
Heavincent
5-time NBA All-Star

Heavincent is a pretty well-respected posterHeavincent is a pretty well-respected posterHeavincent is a pretty well-respected posterHeavincent is a pretty well-respected poster

I fvcking love this game.
Heavincent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 12:59 PM   #11
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

glidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation here

I just completed the campaign. I'm a little conflicted with the ending.....not sure if I'm satisfied with it.

You don't get the full out war torn action you get from KZ2 and KZ3. You definitely go solo on this one. While enjoyable, I would rank it KZ SF below KZ2(the best one) and KZ3. KZ 1 I'll give an incomplete because I never completed it.
glidedrxlr22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 01:18 PM   #12
Shade8780
GOATin

Shade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Dont have the game yet, getting it in a bundle with the PS4 at Christmas, but from what I heard, this game is a lot like COD how it's fast paced and the controls are similar. I got KZ2 when it came out a couple months after I got the PS3, and I hated it. Gameplay felt sluggish and the controls were horrible. Hated pressing the analog button just to aim. Honestly, I only played a few missions and about 2 hours worth of multiplayer. Didnt even give KZ3 a thought. KZSF looks wayy better though and is one of my launch games with 2K and FIFA.
Shade8780 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 09:35 AM   #13
Draz
Like a Baoss.

Draz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I got a PS3 specifically after I got an XBOX just got Killzone 3. It was great. Haven't tried the new one though. It's fun, it's more of a graphics thing to me though, it looks good. Just the feeling of it needs to be remastered. Something I heard they haven't done. But, there's no doubt that if they work on the controllers they can do better.
Draz is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: