Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > College and High School Basketball Forum

College and High School Basketball Forum College basketball message board, high school basketball message board

Old 11-12-2013, 06:10 PM   #1
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default "Julius Randle physically is the closest thing I have ever seen to Lebron James"

"Julius Randle physically is the closest thing I have ever seen to Lebron James"

-Jay Williams

https://twitter.com/BrettNBA/status/400292717994864641

Far right side. He's about 6'9" and 248 pounds. 6'11" wingspan. Projected #2.
Meticode is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 06:22 PM   #2
IGotACoolStory
Harry Giles:Next KG

IGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: "Julius Randle physically is the closest thing I have ever seen to Lebron James"

He's not quite the above the rim player like LeBron was. More times than not during high school games, he played below the rim.

Physically, though, he has about as NBA-ready a body as it gets for someone that age. I still think that's partly a negative. It can be like a father playing with his kids against some of these high school and college teams. It obviously won't be like that in the NBA. Although he does possess a surprising combination of power and quickness for his size. Definitely very good for any basketball player, just not quite LeBron. I mean Thomas Robinson was jacked, too.
IGotACoolStory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 06:22 PM   #3
STATUTORY
Bear Chested Da Brawn

STATUTORY has a bad reputationSTATUTORY has a bad reputationSTATUTORY has a bad reputationSTATUTORY has a bad reputation
Default Re: "Julius Randle physically is the closest thing I have ever seen to Lebron James"

low ceiling on this kid
STATUTORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 06:26 PM   #4
kurt_rambis
floss is boss

kurt_rambis has decent reputation

first real test will be today. he's dominated in the couple games kentucky have played so far against small local schools

he's a beast though. good ball handler for his size, amazing athlete, can shoot a little bit. he's really gonna make the #1 pick a hard decision for some team. he'll be able to contribute right away, while wiggins will probably need a year or two
kurt_rambis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 06:30 PM   #5
Pointguard
NBA rookie of the year

Pointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Physically isn't saying much. Athletically is the big deal. Physically and athletically its definitely Blake Griffin who jumps higher but isn't as fast. Lebron also has great coordination.
Pointguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 06:35 PM   #6
Ca$H
Local High School Star

Ca$H has a bad reputationCa$H has a bad reputationCa$H has a bad reputation

I have read C Webb and ZBO comparisons. Which is more accurate?
Ca$H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 06:37 PM   #7
FireDavidKahn
Decent college freshman

FireDavidKahn is considered somewhat coolFireDavidKahn is considered somewhat cool

Julius Randle is also one ugly mother****er. A face only a mother could love.
FireDavidKahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 06:38 PM   #8
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireDavidKahn
Julius Randle is also one ugly mother****er. A face only a mother could love.
What NBA players have nice faces to you?
Old 11-12-2013, 06:39 PM   #9
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ca$H
I've watch him a little bit and some draft videos. First thing that came to mind was Jamal Mashburn. Has the body to play inside, but choose to be a perimeter player more than you would like for someone his size.
Old 11-12-2013, 06:42 PM   #10
Eric Cartman
respect my authoritah

Eric Cartman is considered somewhat coolEric Cartman is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meticode
What NBA players have nice faces to you?

Last edited by Eric Cartman : 11-12-2013 at 06:47 PM.
Eric Cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 06:43 PM   #11
kurt_rambis
floss is boss

kurt_rambis has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ca$H
i don't understand the z-bo comparisons. randle is a freak athlete with ball very good ball handling skills and a great perimeter game. z-bo is a bruiser

they're both lefties i guess
kurt_rambis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 06:43 PM   #12
LoneyROY7
The Babe Ruth of ISH

LoneyROY7 is considered somewhat coolLoneyROY7 is considered somewhat cool

LeBron's size isn't what made him special...it was his athleticism AND quickness at that size. Neither of which Randle can compare with.
LoneyROY7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 06:47 PM   #13
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurt_rambis
i don't understand the z-bo comparisons. randle is a freak athlete with ball very good ball handling skills and a great perimeter game. z-bo is a bruiser

they're both lefties i guess
Not sure if Draft Express is wrong, but their reporting on him is even those he's strong, he's not a freak athlete in the class of a Wiggins or LeBron James or something like that. A great athlete, but not a freak one like you're mentioning.

"Weaknesses: While very solid, especially considering his age, not a jaw dropping physical specimen type of athlete ... Doesn't play on the box as much as he should, too perimeter oriented. Should focus a little more on refining his post game which will really be his bread and butter as he gets older ... Settles for too many jumpers at times instead of imposing his will inside ... Too left hand dominant. Needs to work at using his right hand better ..."
Old 11-12-2013, 06:48 PM   #14
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Cartman

I like that you removed Rubio for Ibaka.
Old 11-12-2013, 06:51 PM   #15
Jameerthefear
Elf = GOAT

Jameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Either him Parker, or wiggins is coming to orlando, so i'm excited

Jameerthefear is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: