Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > College and High School Basketball Forum

College and High School Basketball Forum College basketball message board, high school basketball message board

Old 11-12-2013, 07:42 PM   #31
pauk
NBA Legend

pauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: "Julius Randle physically is the closest thing I have ever seen to Lebron James"

Lebron was 240-250 as a 17-18 year old, wouldnt be surprised if he is like 270 now.... Physically many can/do look like Lebron... but never move like him at that size.... he clocked like 4.3 sec 40 yard dash... the only guys clocking that or faster are the fastest NFL widerecievers of all time and they all were around 5'10-6'2....
pauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 07:43 PM   #32
Eric Cartman
respect my authoritah

Eric Cartman is considered somewhat coolEric Cartman is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: "Julius Randle physically is the closest thing I have ever seen to Lebron James"

Jameer's thread on Michigan St. vs Kentucky: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=316585

Go over there and support pals
Eric Cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 08:14 PM   #33
FreezingTsmoove
#H3AT nation,GangGreen

FreezingTsmoove posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryFreezingTsmoove posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Randle has a serious problem with ball security. NBA guards will destroy him
FreezingTsmoove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 08:23 PM   #34
plowking
Banned

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I've actually liked what I've seen of him so far against Michigan, even with how poorly hes played.

You can tell hes a great low post player, but hes getting double teamed down there and the whole defense is shifting to his side of the court, much like what Lebron has gotten this season. And its only his 3rd game. Pretty crazy the attention hes drawing.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 08:31 PM   #35
chazzy
3-time NBA All-Star

chazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauk
Lebron was 240-250 as a 17-18 year old, wouldnt be surprised if he is like 270 now.... Physically many can/do look like Lebron... but never move like him at that size.... he clocked like 4.3 sec 40 yard dash... the only guys clocking that or faster are the fastest NFL widerecievers of all time and they all were around 5'10-6'2....
chazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 08:56 PM   #36
FreezingTsmoove
#H3AT nation,GangGreen

FreezingTsmoove posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryFreezingTsmoove posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

show em the jimmy now julius
FreezingTsmoove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 09:39 PM   #37
abuC
Cuba

abuC is a pretty well-respected posterabuC is a pretty well-respected posterabuC is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazzy

He ran a 4.4 in HS, the 4.6 is from last year.
abuC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 11:56 PM   #38
Linspired
Great young streetballer

Linspired has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauk

Bron is absolutely nowhere near 270
Linspired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 01:25 AM   #39
RoundMoundOfReb
Top 1 NBA/NFL Mind

RoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linspired
He absolutely is. I'd say 265.

Verified 245 as a rookie:

Now:

How much weight do you think he's added? That isn't 5 pounds.
RoundMoundOfReb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 01:35 AM   #40
red1
Dinosaurs

red1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linspired
lol
red1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 01:43 AM   #41
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Randle's a stellar prospect, maybe better than Wiggins, but comparing him to Lebron in any way is just ignorant. Randle's a true post, a classic 4. Lebron's the best prospect ever in every way, but physically specifically. Randle's a fine athlete, but he's not even elite in terms of NBA prospects.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 02:00 AM   #42
plowking
Banned

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
Randle's a stellar prospect, maybe better than Wiggins, but comparing him to Lebron in any way is just ignorant. Randle's a true post, a classic 4. Lebron's the best prospect ever in every way, but physically specifically. Randle's a fine athlete, but he's not even elite in terms of NBA prospects.

Not sure I agree.

I think he is elite. He was bullying players far older and even larger than him. Strength is a large part of athleticism. Including length, which he has. He isn't the quickest out there, but he does have a phenomenal jump as well.

As far as athletic goes, 3/4 ain't bad, particularly when you're very good at 3 of the 4 categories.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 02:31 AM   #43
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
Not sure I agree.

I think he is elite. He was bullying players far older and even larger than him. Strength is a large part of athleticism. Including length, which he has. He isn't the quickest out there, but he does have a phenomenal jump as well.

As far as athletic goes, 3/4 ain't bad, particularly when you're very good at 3 of the 4 categories.
Right, he's absolutely an elite prospect. But he's not an elite athlete, that's really his one knock I've seen so far. Not a bad one by any means, he's probably above average as an NBA 4, but I was talking about the Lebron comparison. That's ludicrous, Lebron's far and away the best basketball athlete I've ever seen.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 09:10 AM   #44
silverbax
I airball my layups

silverbax has an OK reputation so far

The reality is that Julius Randle is a very quick PF at the NBA level with good range. He won't be able to consistently play the 5 and long power forwards will be able to shoot over him.

Randle is a pro player and should see significant minutes as a rookie in the NBA, but what you see from him today is what you will get in the pros. He doesn't have great rebounding timing.

Remember, this kid is 6'8", not 6'11" or 7". It matters a lot, especially when the guys he'll be defending in the NBA will be taller and play above the rim. You can't just look at how good he is against college competition - the NBA is loaded with players who were also dominant in college.
silverbax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 10:06 AM   #45
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbax
The reality is that Julius Randle is a very quick PF at the NBA level with good range. He won't be able to consistently play the 5 and long power forwards will be able to shoot over him.

Randle is a pro player and should see significant minutes as a rookie in the NBA, but what you see from him today is what you will get in the pros. He doesn't have great rebounding timing.

Remember, this kid is 6'8", not 6'11" or 7". It matters a lot, especially when the guys he'll be defending in the NBA will be taller and play above the rim. You can't just look at how good he is against college competition - the NBA is loaded with players who were also dominant in college.

You don't shoot with the top of your head, you don't rebound with the top of your head, you don't do anything with the top of your head

Wingspan = true height in basketball.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: