Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-13-2013, 10:38 PM   #16
CavaliersFTW
3-time NBA All-Star

CavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Jobs you've "Office Spaced" on

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonElements
You don't outright quit. You just stop going. It's semantics really. I've done it twice.
I've also done it twice... I kinda hate myself for it too because it is such a sh*tty thing to my co-workers and bosses - who I had literally no problems with up until I, well, stopped showing up to work. My one boss even left me like 3 voicemails to at least let him know if I was 'coming back'... I never got back to him, I honestly feel bad about it
CavaliersFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 11:07 PM   #17
kNicKz
College superstar

kNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
I've also done it twice... I kinda hate myself for it too because it is such a sh*tty thing to my co-workers and bosses - who I had literally no problems with up until I, well, stopped showing up to work. My one boss even left me like 3 voicemails to at least let him know if I was 'coming back'... I never got back to him, I honestly feel bad about it

You should lol who the **** does that?

The way i see it, I need as many good references as I can get. Never leave a place on bad terms
kNicKz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 11:09 PM   #18
macmac
Gov'n

macmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I did that at my first job as a cashier at a grocery store. Had to stand on my feet all day couldn't do it. Just stopped showing up after about a month and a half. They called seeing what's up, I told them someone called me to tell me I was fired. They're like uhh no, no one did and you're not fired. I'm like uhh, I kinda already made arrangements for the next 6months. Which was true, to get high and play ball lol
macmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 11:21 PM   #19
CavaliersFTW
3-time NBA All-Star

CavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kNicKz
You should lol who the **** does that?

The way i see it, I need as many good references as I can get. Never leave a place on bad terms
Well obviously me and OP are guilty of it so at least I know I'm not alone
Old 11-13-2013, 11:49 PM   #20
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I've never done that and I've had some really awful jobs.

I worked one summer as a flagger for the Ohio Department of Transportation. The worst parts of that particular job...

1. I had to be there at, like 5:30 in the morning.

2. Job was dangerous as hell. Often times, I had to stand at a bend on some desolate road where cars routinely fly by without paying much attention to what's in the road.

3. Part of the job description included scraping up roadkill. The day I decided to formally quit, I had to help a guy clear a dead deer off the road my gloved hands.

4. Ohio summers can be brutally hot and we were often asked to weed whack endless miles of roadway medians.

I quit that job and immediately became freezer clerk for Phar-Mor. Basically had to spend all day in giant refrigerators/freezers restocking merchandise. My boss was a real stickler and would come around for inspections. If we were low on frozen pees, milk... whatever... I got b!tched at.

Summer jobs in general weren't much fun.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 01:05 AM   #21
ShannonElements
turns illusions for $

ShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The first job I Office Spaced so hard I didn't even go back to pick up my check. They tried getting ahold of me and I ignored them. Eventually they mailed it to me.

The second job I Office Spaced, which is more regretful than the first one, I didn't even go in to pick up my personal belongings. They tried getting ahold of me too. At one point I got a flood of texts and Facebook messages saying shit like "OMG they're cleaning out your desk", "Dude WTF", and people saying they'd miss me. Eventually they mailed my things to me after repeated attempts to contact me. Two large boxes worth.
ShannonElements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 01:12 AM   #22
ShannonElements
turns illusions for $

ShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

I don't feel bad about the first one. But yeah, I feel similarly about the second one.
Old 11-14-2013, 01:20 AM   #23
CavaliersFTW
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonElements
The first job I Office Spaced so hard I didn't even go back to pick up my check. They tried getting ahold of me and I ignored them. Eventually they mailed it to me.

The second job I Office Spaced, which is more regretful than the first one, I didn't even go in to pick up my personal belongings. They tried getting ahold of me too. At one point I got a flood of texts and Facebook messages saying shit like "OMG they're cleaning out your desk", "Dude WTF", and people saying they'd miss me. Eventually they mailed my things to me after repeated attempts to contact me. Two large boxes worth.
At least they mailed you your stuff, now that I recall, I had a locker full of stuff and a cereal bowl I kept there - never got any of it back, but I don't think I deserved it for giving them the shady dip anyways
Old 11-14-2013, 02:18 AM   #24
GoRapz
Fire Dwane Casey

GoRapz has decent reputation

My first job @ McDonalds when I was 15 I had worked there for 8 months and during the crazy Christmas holiday rush I took a dump in the hallway of the employees entrance and never came back
GoRapz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 02:26 AM   #25
ShannonElements
turns illusions for $

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRapz
My first job @ McDonalds when I was 15 I had worked there for 8 months and during the crazy Christmas holiday rush I took a dump in the hallway of the employees entrance and never came back

More details please.
Old 11-14-2013, 03:46 AM   #26
ShannonElements
turns illusions for $

Quote:
At least they mailed you your stuff, now that I recall, I had a locker full of stuff and a cereal bowl I kept there - never got any of it back, but I don't think I deserved it for giving them the shady dip anyways

What became of it? Do you know?
Old 11-14-2013, 04:17 AM   #27
DonD13
GYMNAST

DonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I onced walked away from a telemarketing job without telling anybody like

DonD13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 04:19 AM   #28
KyleKong
Fin.

KyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

My first job, a bag boy a King Soopers.

Felt like a mindless drone just like the start of Office Space.

Ended up quitting after I got yelled at by telling a sick person they should go home because he was caughing on everything.

Told the front manager to suck a dick and took off my apron and screamed go to Wal-Mart their deals a better.

was glorious.
KyleKong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 09:06 AM   #29
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by kNicKz
Never leave a place on bad terms

Exactly. You might feel good at the time but it's never a good idea to burn bridges/fuck up references.

Has anyone ever pulled a Larry David? When he was a writer for SNL he got pissed at Lorne Michaels when one of his skits got cut after dress rehearsal for like the 3rd week in a row. He made a big scene and left in the middle of the show. As he's walking out of Rockefeller Center he calms down and realizes that he has a mortgage, car payment, etc., and that his wife is gonna be pissed. So when the work week started back (Tuesdays for them) he just showed up for work like nothing happened. No one ever said a word to him about it. He later used that incident for a Seinfeld episode.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 09:48 AM   #30
HarryCallahan
Banned

HarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
Exactly. You might feel good at the time but it's never a good idea to burn bridges/fuck up references.

Has anyone ever pulled a Larry David? When he was a writer for SNL he got pissed at Lorne Michaels when one of his skits got cut after dress rehearsal for like the 3rd week in a row. He made a big scene and left in the middle of the show. As he's walking out of Rockefeller Center he calms down and realizes that he has a mortgage, car payment, etc., and that his wife is gonna be pissed. So when the work week started back (Tuesdays for them) he just showed up for work like nothing happened. No one ever said a word to him about it. He later used that incident for a Seinfeld episode.

I have. I called the boss a "fgt" too. He must've been a real one, because he ever said sh*t to me about it. He looked at me weird on Tuesday (long weekend), but that's it...
HarryCallahan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: