Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 11-14-2013, 03:04 AM   #1
RoundMoundOfReb
Top 1 NBA/NFL Mind

RoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default X Box One or PS4

I plan on buying one of these and since I'm sure some of you know more about gaming than I do I ask you: Which should I buy?
RoundMoundOfReb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 06:56 AM   #2
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: X Box One or PS4

As with all these things, the single most important factor in this choice should be what your best friends get. You can play online together, you can share games, this should be more important than anything else. Regardless of what the crazed fanatics say, both of these consoles are going to provide the same experience to a very large extent.

If the choice of your friends isn't an important factor, I'd go with the PS4. It's a hundred bucks cheaper and Sony has provided much better exclusive content for their system than Microsoft in recent years.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 10:04 AM   #3
Rose
nanu nanu

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
As with all these things, the single most important factor in this choice should be what your best friends get. You can play online together, you can share games, this should be more important than anything else. Regardless of what the crazed fanatics say, both of these consoles are going to provide the same experience to a very large extent.

If the choice of your friends isn't an important factor, I'd go with the PS4. It's a hundred bucks cheaper and Sony has provided much better exclusive content for their system than Microsoft in recent years.
This. Especially if you don't like Halo/Forza. And I guess Gears since they have the IP, but aren't letting Epic deal with it anymore.

And the only company I trust to launch a new console and innovate with a "gimmick" is Nintendo.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 01:57 PM   #4
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Pretty much that. The price will probably end up being the deciding factor for me when I decide to buy one next year. It just seems that there is far less separating the two consoles technologically this time around now that Xbox is going with a blu-ray drive. Although if that 1080p on PS4 vs 720p on Xbone is true, that'll be a factor for some people.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 02:54 PM   #5
TheWINdyCity
Dont Care.

TheWINdyCity has an OK reputation so far

regardless of which you choose I'd recommend waiting at least until next year before getting a PS4 or Xbox one
TheWINdyCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 04:41 PM   #6
Ai2death
I am ZeNs B*tch

Ai2death has an incredible reputation hereAi2death has an incredible reputation hereAi2death has an incredible reputation hereAi2death has an incredible reputation hereAi2death has an incredible reputation hereAi2death has an incredible reputation hereAi2death has an incredible reputation hereAi2death has an incredible reputation here

I'm getting the PS4 on release day, however I would've went with xbox purely for the controllers. The 360 controller was amazing compared to the ps3 one.

However after the whole xbox pre-owned games blah blah stuff, I went with the ps4.
Ai2death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 04:54 PM   #7
outbreak
Custom User Title

outbreak has a near all-star reputation hereoutbreak has a near all-star reputation hereoutbreak has a near all-star reputation hereoutbreak has a near all-star reputation hereoutbreak has a near all-star reputation hereoutbreak has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWINdyCity
regardless of which you choose I'd recommend waiting at least until next year before getting a PS4 or Xbox one

why do you say that? I know they won't really hit their stride and the games won't be built to fully utilize the new specs for a while but if you like games coming out now and plan on buying one anyway there's no reason not to buy one now...
I'll be waiting a bit myself probably but that's just because I have other games to finish first.
outbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 04:59 PM   #8
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Ya iam not waiting a year.A couple of months most likely sometime around january or february.I think if theres anything wrong like the red rings it should be known in a couple of months.
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 06:02 PM   #9
Rose
nanu nanu

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ai2death
I'm getting the PS4 on release day, however I would've went with xbox purely for the controllers. The 360 controller was amazing compared to the ps3 one.

However after the whole xbox pre-owned games blah blah stuff, I went with the ps4.
I played the xbox one controller. I hate the new bumpers. I feel like they're a complete downgrade. It's still probably the better controller though, but I won't know till tomorrow.
Old 11-14-2013, 06:07 PM   #10
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by outbreak
why do you say that? I know they won't really hit their stride and the games won't be built to fully utilize the new specs for a while but if you like games coming out now and plan on buying one anyway there's no reason not to buy one now...
I'll be waiting a bit myself probably but that's just because I have other games to finish first.

Well during the last generation both Sony and Microsoft released a better, upgraded version of the console within a year. The launch 360s had horrible built quality. And Sony dropped the price of the PS3 by a hundred bucks within a year.

Those all sound like excellent reasons to wait a year.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 06:50 PM   #11
TheReal Kendall
Love Live Life

TheReal Kendall has a bad reputationTheReal Kendall has a bad reputationTheReal Kendall has a bad reputation

I really don't know what to do.

I got a 360 now but I'm leaning more towards the PS4.

Seem like you need the kinect to really enjoy all of the Xbox one's functions and I keep seeing that it's only 720p whereas the PS4 is 1080p.

I'm still gonna wait til about 6mths to a year before I get one.

The games that's coming out for the Xbox looks better than the ones lined up for PS4 though.

My supervisor said that there been a lot of bugs with the PS4 software so far but I'm not sure how true that is
TheReal Kendall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 07:03 PM   #12
Levity
Dale, you giblet head!

Levity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation here

anyone watch south park last night? they had this same debate, game of thrones style
Levity is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 08:40 PM   #13
Rose
nanu nanu

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReal Kendall
I really don't know what to do.

I got a 360 now but I'm leaning more towards the PS4.

Seem like you need the kinect to really enjoy all of the Xbox one's functions and I keep seeing that it's only 720p whereas the PS4 is 1080p.

I'm still gonna wait til about 6mths to a year before I get one.

The games that's coming out for the Xbox looks better than the ones lined up for PS4 though.

My supervisor said that there been a lot of bugs with the PS4 software so far but I'm not sure how true that is
The 720P/1080P is really bullshit. Xbone has more than enough power to display everything at 1080P consistently. It'll just take longer because Microsoft's studios aren't as well managed as Sony's. But when Titanfall drops that'll for sure be the turning point. There might be an exception here or there, but it'll be pretty much 1080P the rest of the way.
Old 11-14-2013, 09:19 PM   #14
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Don't get anything at launch, there is some report of the hdmi connectors on the ps4 being faulty.
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 10:26 PM   #15
FireMcFailPlease
Loserville USA

FireMcFailPlease has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkingsfan
Don't get anything at launch, there is some report of the hdmi connectors on the ps4 being faulty.
very few.

my friends and I were all 360 guys. now we're gettin ps4s.

do what your friends are doing. unless youre just a fanboy then theres no changing sides.
FireMcFailPlease is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: