Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-26-2007, 06:45 PM   #1
LALakerFan4Life
16 Time NBA Champions!

LALakerFan4Life has an OK reputation so far
Default Ludacris' Father Passes Away

Wayne Bridges, the father of Chris "Ludacris" Bridges, died from unknown causes early this morning (Feb. 25) in Atlanta, GA.

Bridges died just two weeks after Ludacris won two Grammy Awards on Feb. 11, for Best Rap Album (Release Therapy) and Best Rap Song (“Money Maker.”)

That night, he dedicated both wins to his father, who watched the 49th Annual Grammy Awards show from his hospital bed.

"He introduced me to all of my major musical influences and he will live on through me," Ludacris told AllHipHop.com. "He bought me my first Hip-Hop record when I was five years old and I fell in love with it from that day on."

Ludacris moved in with his dad at the age of 14 and has had his father by his side since.

Bridges made numerous appearances at numerous events for his son's non-profit organization The Ludacris Foundation and was also featured in the video for “Grew Up A Screw Up."

Bridges condition was first brought to the attention of the public during Ludacris' Grammy acceptance speech, as an emotional Ludacris proclaimed his love for his ailing father.

"I'm celebrating his life knowing that he has moved on to a better place and I will continue to make him proud," Ludacris told AllHipHop.com.

http://allhiphop.com/hiphopnews/?ID=6745

Thoughts and prayers goes to Luda and the Bridges family. =( A lot of people passed away this month.
LALakerFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 06:46 PM   #2
Bobcat4Ever
Six Pack Cat

Bobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Ludacris' Father Passes Away

RIP
Bobcat4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 06:49 PM   #3
D-Wade
Great college starter

D-Wade has an OK reputation so far

WFT in the space of a week we have LT from the San Diego Chargers father pass away then we have Nash from the Broncos and now Ludacris's father.

RIP
D-Wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 06:50 PM   #4
Bobcat4Ever
Six Pack Cat

Bobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Wade
WFT in the space of a week we have LT from the San Diego Chargers father pass away then we have Nash from the Broncos and now Ludacris's father.

RIP

Yup, and it's very unfortunate.
Bobcat4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: