Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Josh Smith's benching last night

He only played 18 minutes last night against the warriors.

did any of you guys watch the game? what happened for him to get such little playing time? any word of tension between him and cheeks?

its looking like a poor fit in detroit for him right now

Gentleman Desperado East_Stone_Ya's Avatar

Default Re: Josh Smith's benching last night

he is simply not a SF

how do you think this resolves itself?

im hoping it doesnt so my cavs get a better shot at making the playoffs.

Mozart Basketball no pun intended's Avatar

Was it heavy?

Quote Originally Posted by no pun intended
    Was it heavy?

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chips93
    how do you think this resolves itself?

im hoping it doesnt so my cavs get a better shot at making the playoffs.
    Only way is if the Pistons trade away there best player in Monroe to get a good SF and move Smith to PF, since Monroe has the 2nd highest value after Drummond and is the easiest to move due to his contract, I have heard in the last game the Pistons think Drummond has HOF ability so no chance they move him and I don't really see any takers for Smiths contract.

Would be a shame to see the probably best front court for the next decade or so being broken up cause of Smith. I'm not really sure if they can afford all three and I remember reading that Monroe's management believes he should get a similar offer to Cousins which would be a max deal and it's hard to see that since they will have to give max to Drummond as well a year or two later.

They could also move one of Smith/Monroe to the bench but that's HIGHLY unlikely.
    Last edited by andremiller07; 11-13-2013 at 06:52 AM.

He only played 18 minutes last night against the warriors.

did any of you guys watch the game? what happened for him to get such little playing time? any word of tension between him and cheeks?

its looking like a poor fit in detroit for him right now
    Yeah I saw that.

Smith was throwing up some wild and out of flow shots against the Warriors. I don't blame Cheeks at all. I didn't really notice the benching or the significance of what was happening, but I was thinking to myself how badly Smith was playing and how irritating it must be for his teammates to watch those chucks go up.

You just can't put him at small forward, nor can u put Billups at SG. That's 2 people out of place. Maybe put Drummond on the bench.

Serious playground baller

Josh chucks bad shots regardless of his position. He has the worst shot selection in the league. Even last year at PF his TS% was comparable to monta ellis and this was with a team with some of the best spacing in the league that gave him all the room to work in the post and drive to the rim.
    Last edited by Big Cheese; 11-13-2013 at 08:08 AM.

Josh Smith should focus on what he's good at and that's defense. I think before this game he was avg. like 7 3-point attempts per game. That's just not his game.

they shudnt have signed josh smith with drummond/monroe already

he is in what, his 10th year in the league? he should really know better, when it comes to shot selection. what are the odds he actually fixes it, this far into his career. he probably is what he is at this point.

so, do you guys think that cheeks benching him will have any effect on his game? did his coaches in ATL ever go to such length to try to curb his shot selection?

Serious playground baller

he is in what, his 10th year in the league? he should really know better, when it comes to shot selection. what are the odds he actually fixes it, this far into his career. he probably is what he is at this point.

so, do you guys think that cheeks benching him will have any effect on his game? did his coaches in ATL ever go to such length to try to curb his shot selection?
    Last year Josh got suspended for his shot selection and attitude. That didnt do shit.

Come on this is a guy who gets booed AT HOME everytime he shoots a jumper. I remember in his last home game as a hawk (in the playoffs vs pacers game 6) his shot selection was so bad he got booed everytime he touched the ball.

Throughout his career this guy has not listened to no1. The only year he toned down his bad shots was in 2009-2010 after the coaches promised him that he would make the all star team and be DPOY of the year. When he didnt get those awards he selfishly went back to shot jacking

If they knew what he was like, why the hell did Dumars sign him to that contract?

What's the point of giving someone 54 million and then sitting them on the bench?

Why didn't they sign Kyle Korver instead and at a cheaper rate?

Why don't they trade Monroe out for a small forward and move Josh to power forward?

Why is Joe Dumars still the GM of Detroit?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Cheese
    Last year Josh got suspended for his shot selection and attitude. That didnt do shit.

Come on this is a guy who gets booed AT HOME everytime he shoots a jumper. I remember in his last home game as a hawk (in the playoffs vs pacers game 6) his shot selection was so bad he got booed everytime he touched the ball.

Throughout his career this guy has not listened to no1. The only year he toned down his bad shots was in 2009-2010 after the coaches promised him that he would make the all star team and be DPOY of the year. When he didnt get those awards he selfishly went back to shot jacking
    I really like most of the Pistons players and their potential, but Smith was not a good idea. Maybe they should look to trade him and get a decent SF and picks...