Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Washington Wizards Forum

Washington Wizards Forum Washington Wizards forum - Washington Wizards message board

Old 11-19-2013, 08:17 AM   #46
La Frescobaldi
I brick nerf balls

La Frescobaldi has a near all-star reputation hereLa Frescobaldi has a near all-star reputation hereLa Frescobaldi has a near all-star reputation hereLa Frescobaldi has a near all-star reputation hereLa Frescobaldi has a near all-star reputation hereLa Frescobaldi has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: If Jordan didn't play for Wizards, he would be career 50% shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
As of now, people stating the opposite haven't brought any facts or stats to the table either, so why is the onus on me exactly?
I at least corrected the BS in here that FG% was lower before.

Once again, stop letting your hard on for me get in the way of things. I guess I'm your new obsession along with Wilt.

I brought some facts in the quote you used.
Then you promptly twisted the quote, saying it was about 90s when it was clearly talking about '70s. So I called you on it. Good enough. But now you act like what you said was correct even when it was wrong... and then you claim to fix it!!

At least go look at the league wide stats for the two eras, like 2013 vs. 1974 (NOT 1990s or some other time frame) instead of making stuff up.
THERE WAS NO 3 POINT LINE IN 1974. SO COMPARE 2 POINTERS TO 2 POINTERS.

Q: When is league-wide .483 FG% lower than .459 FG%?
A: When plowking says it is.

When you get it wrong, you go all the way, that's for sure. But as shaqisgoat said here, and as Micku has masterfully shown in the past, comparing these kinds of things across eras is dangerous. And I need to thank you for promptly showing up and providing an example of why that is.

You can't compare across seasons team for team with those kinds of tools. But if you examine league vs. league you see patterns emerge.
La Frescobaldi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 12:13 PM   #47
Glide2keva
NBA sixth man of the year

Glide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: If Jordan didn't play for Wizards, he would be career 50% shooter

.498%

OMG Jordan didn't shoot 50% for his career!!!!!

That rounds up to 50% in case they forgot that in math class.
Glide2keva is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: