Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-17-2013, 08:37 PM   #1
Twin Beadles
( o Y o )

Twin Beadles has decent reputation
Default How many of you guys have tried pomelo

It's a very popular fruit in Asia, but I can only find it at Asian markets here in the states. The fruit flesh can be yellow or red and resembles a grapefruit, but doesn't really taste like it,

Personally it's one of my favorite things to eat.
Twin Beadles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 09:14 PM   #2
reppy
Apparently likes anime

reppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: How many of you guys have tried pomelo

I worked in a produce department in the Pacific Northwest for about 5 years. We carried it about half the year. I think right now would be a good time to check, because this is when they get in their new crop citrus from American farms.

Honestly though, I have never tried it. It was always ridiculous when I would stack them, because they are HUGE but they weigh almost nothing. It's like 80% skin on those things.

Also, we spelled it "pummelo."

This guy has some pretty cool videos about tropical fruit and insects, and he did one about pomelos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_6fGSgPGJ4
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 10:34 PM   #3
Killbot
KillImpaleLiquefyLynch

Killbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

We eat at least one every New Year
Killbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 12:12 AM   #4
D-Wade316
F***

D-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputation

Just ate one earlier this morning.
D-Wade316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 12:16 AM   #5
Twin Beadles
( o Y o )

Twin Beadles has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Wade316
Just ate one earlier this morning.
yellow or red on the inside?
Twin Beadles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 12:35 AM   #6
D-Wade316
F***

D-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin Beadles
yellow or red on the inside?
Red. It tasted sour. But it really wasn't red, it was more violet inside.
D-Wade316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 01:07 AM   #7
magic chiongson
I post-up midgets

magic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

it's awesome, it's like grapefruit thats not bitter. i've only ever had red. i like to eat it after a heavy meal
magic chiongson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 01:21 AM   #8
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

kaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

It's just a better grapefruit, and grapefruit tastes terrible.
kaiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 02:45 AM   #9
I<3NBA
College superstar

I<3NBA posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryI<3NBA posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

as far as Asian fruits are concerned, nothing beats Philippine Mangoes. but Pomelos are fine. there are better fruits IMO. Avocados, Sapodilla (we call it chico), cantaloupe (sweet melons), Jackfruit, and Durian.
I<3NBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 05:20 AM   #10
eurobum
High School Varsity 12th Man

eurobum has no real reputation yet.

They are da god fruits. Only tried the 'clear' ones (they're not yellow). Soooo yummy, not too sweet or bitter, juicy, perfect fruit consistency and quite large. 80 % skin is an exaggeration. Don't peel it like the guy in the video. That's its one con, though, peeling is a whole lot of effort. You have to peel each individual 'boat.' It's quite easy -- not what you would imagine if you picture doing this with more common citrus fruits; the skin is easily peeled from each boat -- but as you can imagine time consuming. Dat pure fruit flesh. Mom used to buy (and peel) many a times during childhood.

It stands out as one of the greatest fruit I've had. I've been to Asia. Many of the exotic fruits are way too sweet. This is the perfect combo of fruit consistency, taste, juiciness.

Masterpiece, 9/10.
eurobum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 05:36 AM   #11
eurobum
High School Varsity 12th Man

eurobum has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I<3NBA
as far as Asian fruits are concerned, nothing beats Philippine Mangoes. but Pomelos are fine. there are better fruits IMO. Avocados, Sapodilla (we call it chico), cantaloupe (sweet melons), Jackfruit, and Durian.

This guy is obviously Philippino and is displaying major fruit bias (no offense). If you want your fruit to taste like candy and give you diabetes, then those fruits are good. If you want your fruits to be refreshing as f*ck and not rot your teeth, go with pomelo and peel them like I said.
eurobum is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: