Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Atlanta Hawks Forum

Atlanta Hawks Forum Atlanta Hawks message board - atlanta hawks fan forum

Old 07-24-2006, 04:47 PM   #16
tytythe95
Can barely lace up my sneakers

tytythe95 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotlantadude81
A combo of Alan Henderson and Antonio Davis isn't going to get it done.

NOT GOING TO GET IT DONE! DUDE ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND! HELL YEAH HE IS! HE IS GOIN TO BRING SOME MUCH NEEDED INTERIOR DEFENSE AND SOME REBOUNDING AND AN INTERIOR THREAT ON THE SCORING PART AND DEFENSIVE PART!
tytythe95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 10:44 PM   #17
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

Watching Sheldon play in summer league....I would be shatting if I was a Hawks fan. He was a huge reach at 5 and looked every bit so during summer league. Summer league against rookies and NBDL talent.....it was brutal.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 10:54 PM   #18
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

Someone actually thinks Sheldon will average 14/9 as a rookie? that is hilarious. It's like the Toronto Raptor msg. board where guys think Fred Jones will be an all star.

Wouldn't they have been WAY better off with Foye? They would have the sickest young back court with Foye/JJ with Marvin, Josh Smith and Zaza for now. They have Salim and Childress off the bench.....very solid.

Then next year, they draft their big man b/c the lottery will be LOADED with bigs. Add Noah to that lineup and in a year or two of growth you have a legit contending team. Now, they will be lottery and go big anyway because they still need help up front....and they won't have Foye. Just doesn't make sense. YOu need to start Marvin and Josh at 3/4 or 4/3. So that means you need a 5. What if you draft Noah next year. Either him or Sheldon won't start....and you'll have injury prone speedy as your PG. Hawks fans yet again will be wondering 'what if'.....as you suffer with one of the mose inept GMs in the biz.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 06:49 PM   #19
Eric Cartman
respect my authoritah

Eric Cartman is a pretty well-respected posterEric Cartman is a pretty well-respected posterEric Cartman is a pretty well-respected poster

True that next year lottery is going to be fill with big man, but the hawks don't need a guard like Foye, we fill our bigest need a defencive presence.
Eric Cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 08:34 AM   #20
Yes!Andthefoul
I airball my layups

Yes!Andthefoul has an OK reputation so far

[quote=RapsFan]Someone actually thinks Sheldon will average 14/9 as a rookie? that is hilarious. It's like the Toronto Raptor msg. board where guys think Fred Jones will be an all star.

Agreed.

Dude said Sheldon Williams was gonna put up some 28-point games as a rookie? Don't see it. Charlie Villanueva he is not.

From what I know of his game, and admittedly I don't know much, he's gonna be a putback-and-hustle scorer. It's not like they are gonna run plays for him. 28 points is a whole lotta putbacks. Hope he can knock down free throws and help the team that way.

I really didn't follow the draft class much this year...none of these cats are impressive to me. Extremely weak draft class. I know next to nothing about the NBA success potential of Roy, Foye, Aldrige, Williams, etc. None of them seemed impressive or overwhelmingly talented. Next year, if Oden and Noah continue to progress, we could see a really good draft, with more to rave about than Andrea Bargnani or Shelden Williams.
Yes!Andthefoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 10:07 PM   #21
CVMerlot954
Can barely lace up my sneakers

CVMerlot954 has an OK reputation so far

Again, the Hawks missed an opportunity to draft a PG. I don't know what that idiot of a GM is thinking. I see his vision, of having 5 guys ranging in heigh 6'7-6'8 starting at the same time, spreading the offense, and creating havoc on the defense. It's lovely. But JJ is a combo guard trying to be a true point, and provide scoring. JJ has a great game. Solid defender, shoots the 3 decent enough, and has very few weakness I can point out. He should be their goto guy, the main offensive weapon. He'll still get 3-5 assist a game as a scorer, because he's unselfish. In Pho, when Nash was running the show, he shoot 47% from the 3. If he had Foye or another offensive threat, his 3FG% would increase. But I think Sheldon is a fine pick. I would have waited for next years draft, to draft a big man. It's so loaded with big talent. If Sheldon out-rebounds, out-hustles Zaza, he should become their starting center, despite his height. He plays with heart & passion. He probably won't get a DHoward type of rookie year, but his defense could become the anchor of the team. The Hawks also have good defenders in JJ and J-Smith. In heard that JS has gotta bigger and near the end of last season he was getting 3 blocks, 4 assist, 17points, 7 boards, and improved his 3FG%. He should be starting next year, no matter whom they got. He's their best defender, and the fans love his dunks. I'll watch a Hawks game, just to see him play.
CVMerlot954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 06:40 AM   #22
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Shelden can be a dominant beast in his rookie year and every year after.

He looks like an all star to me.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 12:43 AM   #23
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

kobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by tytythe95
NOT GOING TO GET IT DONE! DUDE ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND! HELL YEAH HE IS! HE IS GOIN TO BRING SOME MUCH NEEDED INTERIOR DEFENSE AND SOME REBOUNDING AND AN INTERIOR THREAT ON THE SCORING PART AND DEFENSIVE PART!
You spelled Shelden wrong.
kobedaman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 09:57 AM   #24
mateo31
Go ahead, make my day.

mateo31 has an OK reputation so far
Default In my opnion I thought......

the hawks should have drafted Randy Foye, to play point, but Shelden ain't bad at all.
mateo31 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: