Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-21-2013, 02:08 AM   #76
Twin Beadles
( o Y o )

Twin Beadles has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Which song is usually regarded as the greatest ever?

I'm God- lil b
Twin Beadles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 04:14 AM   #77
macmac
Gov'n

macmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Underrated best song of all time candidates:

House of the Rising Sun-the Animals
Tuesdays Gone- lynrd skynrd
Tonight tonight- smashing pumpkins
Reckoner - radiohead
macmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 05:01 AM   #78
BigTicket
Cavs for life

BigTicket is a pretty well-respected posterBigTicket is a pretty well-respected posterBigTicket is a pretty well-respected poster

My personal favorite is "Sitting on the dock of the bay" by Otis Redding. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCmUhYSr-e4)
BigTicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 05:19 AM   #79
AintNoSunshine
Decent college freshman

AintNoSunshine has an OK reputation so far

My Dick - Michey Avalon anyone?
AintNoSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 07:10 AM   #80
miller-time
NBA sixth man of the year

miller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by branslowski
Just like Ace, I've never heard Highway to Heaven nor Bohemian Rhapsody or watever (Although if I go to youtube and listen to them (which I will after this post) I'd prob recongnize it from a movie or commercial).

Stairway to Heaven. But anyway you probably wouldn't recognize it because Led Zepplin are notorious for not letting their music be used. Here is Jack Black begging them to let them use a song in The School of Rock (which they did end up allowing).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlk8DhHYDNw

And here is a deleted scene from Almost Famous. They filmed the scene but weren't allowed to use the song so they added the scene as a DVD extra. The scene didn't have the music so you had to sync the song to the video (which has been done in this link).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ra9YR1ze0w0

Last edited by miller-time : 11-21-2013 at 07:15 AM.
miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 11:48 AM   #81
ROCSteady
Wall*Kobe*Durant*Pau*

ROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTicket
My personal favorite is "Sitting on the dock of the bay" by Otis Redding. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCmUhYSr-e4)

Great one.

I would have to say the song that reflects and encapsulates being a human being in an ever changing world is this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zicw_dVwhfM

I think this is on the very short list of greatest songs ever recorded. Not complicated, not overdone. Just something that appeals to the wide gamut of being a human being.
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 01:00 PM   #82
HardwoodLegend
The Magical T-Mac

HardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected poster

Ennio Morricone's "The Ecstasy of Gold" deserves some consideration.

He's composed many that are transcendentally brilliant. Leone's films have scores that really transport the listener.

Prince's "Purple Rain" also comes to mind.
HardwoodLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 01:24 PM   #83
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

First song that came to my mind was Springsteen - Thunder Road. It is pretty insane to image a single song being regarded as the greatest ever tho. There are definitely genre or era defining songs but music is way to diverse for there to be anything close to a consensus.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 01:43 PM   #84
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

KevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Stairway to Heaven isn't even my favorite Zepplin song. I still don't know what this means

If there's a bustle in your hedgerow, don't be alarmed now
It's just a spring clean for the May queen

Also did someone just say they listened to Highway to Heaven?

This is Highway to Heaven

This is Highway to Hell
KevinNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 03:07 PM   #85
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace23
Never heard Stairway to Heaven or Bohemian Rhapsody.

Pathetic.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 03:11 PM   #86
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by branslowski
Just like Ace, I've never heard Highway to Heaven nor Bohemian Rhapsody or watever (Although if I go to youtube and listen to them (which I will after this post) I'd prob recongnize it from a movie or commercial).

Anyway, It seems like this thread is "whites only" type music, so I'll exit to da left.

IMO, the greatest song ever is Michael Jackson's "Thriller" with "Billie Jean" a close 2nd. Goat gonna Goat.

You have to be musically challenge to have never heard of those songs. Hell they are even used in movie scores. F*cking nitwits. Hey want some blacks only type music?

I be pimpin bytch!
I am gangsta more gangsta den u homey!
Yo, I said yo ma u single doe?
I'm scarface I'm gotti I'm some infamous gangsta that didnt like blacks much!

There ya go. Feel at home you ignorant c*nt?
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 03:13 PM   #87
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
You have to be musically challenge to have never heard of those songs. Hell they are even used in movie scores. F*cking nitwits. Hey want some blacks only type music?

I be pimpin bytch!
I am gangsta more gangsta den u homey!
Yo, I said yo ma u single doe?
I'm scarface I'm gotti I'm some infamous gangsta that didnt like blacks much!

There ya go. Feel at home you ignorant c*nt?
oh f*ck I'm dyin here, too funny
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 04:06 PM   #88
alenleomessi
GloryhunterSinceThe90s

alenleomessi is starting to rub some people the wrong way

i dont see them mentioned so far so ill add

jackson 5 - i want you back
jeff buckley - hallelujah
john lennon - imagine
the verve - bittersweet symphony
pink floyd - wish you were here
mj - thriller
the beach boys - god only knows
pink floyd - comfortably numb
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 08:41 PM   #89
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

White Christmas.
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 08:50 PM   #90
D-Wade316
F***

D-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputation

Elvis Presley - Heartbreak Hotel
D-Wade316 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: