Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2013, 05:43 AM   #31
salwan
Celtic power
 
salwan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 788
Default Re: Jason Kidd should be fired immediately

give him time folks. it' not like they are not making the playoffs this year with all the tanking teams in the east
salwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 06:18 AM   #32
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince
 
MJ(Mean John)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Lakeshow
Posts: 4,482
Default Re: Jason Kidd should be fired immediately

Well PP and KG are playing like they should have hung em up last year.

And is it just me or do I feel like D williams sucks now. I feel like he isn't playing hard AT ALL. They guy has not gotten any better since he joined the nets. He needs sloan. Same with JJ. Well, the guy looked promising with the suns, and now he's just average and overrated joe.

The nets are full with a bunch of guys who lack energy, heart, and who are overrated. With a wack ass coach.

They need a coach who will light a fire under their assess. Bring in sloan. Play KG 30 minutes a night. Paul Pierce looks like he lacks energy too. I feel if ALL of these guys had the heart and energy of a KB or AI they would be tearing it up
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 09:12 AM   #33
DukeDelonte13
NBA sixth man of the year
 
DukeDelonte13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 7,643
Default Re: Jason Kidd should be fired immediately

As the poster JKid said, they aren't going to fire him anytime soon.
DukeDelonte13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 09:35 AM   #34
poido123
Cameron Bairstow!!
 
poido123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 12,534
Default Re: Jason Kidd should be fired immediately

In defence of Deron, he has been struggling with those ankles since he left Utah. He hasn't been the same probably because his health hasn't been right for a while now.

As far as the Nets, they have had a complete roster overhaul, some of their key players like AK and Deron have been injured and they probably won't start clicking til the second half of the year. We all saw what they are capable of in the preseason, I'm not saying preseason is the same but there were signs that at their best they can run with the best.
poido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 09:35 AM   #35
jzek
EL LO BEE
 
jzek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 3,409
Default Re: Jason Kidd should be fired immediately

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
the problem is paul has died since since his first 4 games and kg has never been alive since he's been with us.

Wow, and this is only the FIRST MONTH of NBA basketball.
jzek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 09:37 AM   #36
niko
I Run NY.
 
niko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 30,738
Default Re: Jason Kidd should be fired immediately

No, he should not be fired immediately. You could make a case his hiring was stupid (KG and PP aren't going to listen to him if it contradicts what they want to do, why would they?) But he hasn't done anything wrong that makes him deserving of being fired. You should get fired because you deserve it, not because the start is not perfect.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 10:10 AM   #37
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe
 
It's A VC3!!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 7,502
Default Re: Jason Kidd should be fired immediately

Quote:
Originally Posted by poido123
We all saw what they are capable of in the preseason, I'm not saying preseason is the same but there were signs that at their best they can run with the best.

We see what they are capable of in the regular season too. The Nets play stellar in the first quarter and very solid in the first half. They are 12th in the league in first half points at 49.5 and 26th in second half points at 45.9, courtesy of http://www.teamrankings.com/nba/stat...oints-per-game

Also, the Nets have lost several very close games that could have easily been won and positioned us as a top team in the east, in terms of standings.

The only two problems with Jason is that his shot allocation schemes are horrific. There is no sane reason as to why Kevin is attempting 10 field goal attempts per game, just two less than he was last year. With Joe, Paul and Brook on the team, Kevin's shot attempts should be cut in half and those extra five shots need to be dispersed amongst our other stars.

Second, Jason needs to give Alan Anderson more minutes and reduce the minutes of Jason "No Defense" Terry.

Aside from those two problems, the rest of the mediocrity the Nets are displaying night in and night out is all on them. Jason has had no more than 10% of a helping hand in the Nets losses.
It's A VC3!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 10:37 AM   #38
bagelred
Weird
 
bagelred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 29,311
Default Re: Jason Kidd should be fired immediately

Doesn't Kidd have a 3 year contract?

I bet Kidd wants to get fired. 2 years of pay for doing nothing? Wouldn't be surprised.

But no...he won't be fired anytime soon.
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 10:45 AM   #39
hihofink
Can barely lace up my sneakers
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 29
Default Re: Jason Kidd should be fired immediately

From : http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...-question-mark

Quote:
A veteran scout, interviewed earlier in the day and speaking on the condition of anonymity, called Kidd’s bench comportment “terrible,” observing that the play-calling has fallen mostly to his top assistants, Lawrence Frank and John Welch.

“He doesn’t do anything,” said the scout, who has watched the Nets several times. “He doesn’t make calls. John Welch does all the offense. Lawrence does all the defense. … I don’t know what Kidd does. I don’t think you can grade him and say he’s bad. You can give him an incomplete.”

The same scout said he had counted only 15 plays run by the Nets in the games he has watched. Multiple observers have noted that the Nets offense lacks any discernible flow, as if the stars are all simply taking turns with the ball.
hihofink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 10:49 AM   #40
CelticBaller
lite kobe
 
CelticBaller's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: minus the raping and chucking
Posts: 15,656
Default Re: Jason Kidd should be fired immediately

^ wouldn't be surprised if it's true, if I am correct frank ran the practices. People should stop defending the scrub
CelticBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 11:19 AM   #41
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player
 
Lebron23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: LeBronville
Posts: 45,798
Default Re: Jason Kidd should be fired immediately

He's an incompetent coach. Please Fire this clown. BKN needs a real coach.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 12:12 PM   #42
niko
I Run NY.
 
niko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 30,738
Default Re: Jason Kidd should be fired immediately

Quote:
Originally Posted by hihofink
The stars are taking turns with the ball. That's not exactly a hard observation to make.

What i would do...
1) Tell KG and PP they are part of the Nets and not on a consulting assignment. That means follow Net rules (sit on bench when not playing, talk to media after game). You can't have separate rules. It's not KG or PP who are absolute pro's pros that any team would love. It's the other guys who aren't following along. But as in anything in life, sometimes the fix isn't so much for the guys behaving, it's for the other guys.
2) Give Kidd more responsibility. Lawrence Frank does way too much. His strategy is respected, he's not respected. The teams he coached (nets included) gave shitty off and on effort. This Nets team right now is giving shitty off and on effort. Make Kidd be more active. That way he can come out and get in people's faces when they aren't doing effort. If Lawrence Frank could do this and not Kidd, he'd be the coach.

Everyone said KG and PP would police things, the problem is they aren't policing for the coach, they are policing for themselves. It's a strange dynamic that isn't ideal for Kidd to become the leader of the team. The Nets have Kidd as a leader who isn't in position to be vocal during game, KG as a mouthpiece for who exactly, PP probably off court the person everyone looks to, Deron who should be the leader but is not, Lopez who is the best player but isn't personality wise that kind of leader, and Frank who is auditioning for his next job doing what Kidd should be doing.

It's bizarre. Fixable, totally. But to fix means they have to acknoweldge something is wrong, and as a Knick fan i can say that doesn't always happen.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 12:20 PM   #43
DukeDelonte13
NBA sixth man of the year
 
DukeDelonte13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 7,643
Default Re: Jason Kidd should be fired immediately

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
The stars are taking turns with the ball. That's not exactly a hard observation to make.

What i would do...
1) Tell KG and PP they are part of the Nets and not on a consulting assignment. That means follow Net rules (sit on bench when not playing, talk to media after game). You can't have separate rules. It's not KG or PP who are absolute pro's pros that any team would love. It's the other guys who aren't following along. But as in anything in life, sometimes the fix isn't so much for the guys behaving, it's for the other guys.
2) Give Kidd more responsibility. Lawrence Frank does way too much. His strategy is respected, he's not respected. The teams he coached (nets included) gave shitty off and on effort. This Nets team right now is giving shitty off and on effort. Make Kidd be more active. That way he can come out and get in people's faces when they aren't doing effort. If Lawrence Frank could do this and not Kidd, he'd be the coach.

Everyone said KG and PP would police things, the problem is they aren't policing for the coach, they are policing for themselves. It's a strange dynamic that isn't ideal for Kidd to become the leader of the team. The Nets have Kidd as a leader who isn't in position to be vocal during game, KG as a mouthpiece for who exactly, PP probably off court the person everyone looks to, Deron who should be the leader but is not, Lopez who is the best player but isn't personality wise that kind of leader, and Frank who is auditioning for his next job doing what Kidd should be doing.

It's bizarre. Fixable, totally. But to fix means they have to acknoweldge something is wrong, and as a Knick fan i can say that doesn't always happen.


I think Kidd should at least this early on take a bit more of a passive role and learn. I think KG and PP at this stage in their careers are gonna do what they are gonna do regardless of who's named head coach.
DukeDelonte13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 12:40 PM   #44
Genaro
Local High School Star
 
Genaro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
Posts: 1,702
Default Re: Jason Kidd should be fired immediately

Why is there so many overreacting threads here? Calm down, it's only 10 games into the season.
Nets may not look as good as people thought but they will play the playoffs and be relevant (even without HCA)
Genaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 01:20 PM   #45
niko
I Run NY.
 
niko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 30,738
Default Re: Jason Kidd should be fired immediately

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
I think Kidd should at least this early on take a bit more of a passive role and learn. I think KG and PP at this stage in their careers are gonna do what they are gonna do regardless of who's named head coach.
It's not KG and PP, it's everyone else that isn't giving effort that's the problem and if your head coach has no cache and no pull, how do you change that?
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:14 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy