Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 11-20-2013, 12:38 PM   #16
ROCSteady
One of One

Default Re: Better QB Skills: Colin Kaepernick vs A Potato

People that use stats as gospel or some Earth-shattering evidence are lacking in critical analysis.

Stats are very deceptive.

However, I agree that Kap has been poor this season. Good thing he has a pretty good supporting cast in other phases of the game.

Russell Wilson is very smart and efficient but his success would be marginal on many other teams.
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 12:40 PM   #17
RoundMoundOfReb
Top 1 Bball Mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCSteady
People that use stats as gospel or some Earth-shattering evidence are lacking in critical analysis.

Stats are very deceptive.

However, I agree that Kap has been poor this season. Good thing he has a pretty good supporting cast in other phases of the game.

Russell Wilson is very smart and efficient but his success would be marginal on many other teams.
Thread is not about Russell Wilson. Poor baiting attempt. Funny thing is Kaep has actually been worse than his stats. They've had to dumb down the passing game so much for him. It's the simplest shit I've ever seen. He can't make reads.
RoundMoundOfReb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 12:46 PM   #18
jazz873
National High School Star

I will take Colin Kaepernick over the potato
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 12:47 PM   #19
ROCSteady
One of One

I'm not baiting anyone. I like Wilson a lot. Just saying even good stats can be fundamentally formed by being put in good position by defense, special teams, great playcalling. They are not always indicative of how skilled a QB is or even how 'on' he is that game.

I said last season that Kaepernick is dangerous with legs and has a strong arm but has never been in a position where his accuracy has been at NFL level. He certainly doesn't have the accuracy of Wison, who has made tough TD throws this season and last.

All of his big play throws I've ever seen have been a pretty much wide open WR due to great scheming. Rg3 is way more accurate even though he is having a down year but last season, scheming gave him many throws to build momentum that aren't particularly difficult for an NFL QB.

Last edited by ROCSteady : 11-20-2013 at 12:50 PM.
Old 11-20-2013, 12:54 PM   #20
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

To me Russel Wilson is a glorified game managers which I don't think is a bad thing. He plays within his strengths and what I like most is he does not need to use his legs to set up his passing game.

He benefits tremendously with a great defense behind him but I think he will struggle against a team that will put up points (like Detroit.)

Wilson is way ahead Griffin and Kaep.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 01:01 PM   #21
ROCSteady
One of One

He's playing smarter than RG3 and Kaep but his peak is not their peak.

The luxury of a complete team.

Griffin's team sucks all around, Kaep is lacking in pass catchers that consistently get seperation, which he had last season. Kaep is getting exposed mentally. Griffin is being expected to do too much by falling behind every single game, sometimes by three scores. He doesn't have the experience to be calm and collected in situations like that.
Old 11-20-2013, 01:05 PM   #22
RoundMoundOfReb
Top 1 Bball Mind.

Quote:
I'm not baiting anyone. I like Wilson a lot. Just saying even good stats can be fundamentally formed by being put in good position by defense, special teams, great playcalling. They are not always indicative of how skilled a QB is or even how 'on' he is that game.

I said last season that Kaepernick is dangerous with legs and has a strong arm but has never been in a position where his accuracy has been at NFL level. He certainly doesn't have the accuracy of Wison, who has made tough TD throws this season and last.

All of his big play throws I've ever seen have been a pretty much wide open WR due to great scheming. Rg3 is way more accurate even though he is having a down year but last season, scheming gave him many throws to build momentum that aren't particularly difficult for an NFL QB.

Agree with everything you said basically. Wilson definitely is in a good situation (although play calling has NOT always been great). Seattle is pretty stacked but so is SF. Wilson, however, has shown a much better NFL QB skill set. He can make reads, throw his receivers open, has a quick release, and throw with touch All things Kaep can not do (or at least has not done consistently). I just don't see Kaep as the long term solution at QB for SF. Dude got hyped so badly by the media. He's like a very poor man's RG3. They struggle at the same things only Kaep is much worse at them.

Last edited by RoundMoundOfReb : 11-20-2013 at 01:07 PM.
Old 11-20-2013, 01:08 PM   #23
RoundMoundOfReb
Top 1 Bball Mind.

Quote:
He's playing smarter than RG3 and Kaep but his peak is not their peak.

Based on what exactly?? Not being as athletic or having as much arm strength? By that logic Kaepernick has a higher ceiling than Peyton Manning. Dude is leagues above them mentally.

Last edited by RoundMoundOfReb : 11-20-2013 at 01:11 PM.
Old 11-20-2013, 01:16 PM   #24
ROCSteady
One of One

Maybe.

Actually, I take that back. I think Wilson's peak is better than Kap, whom I've never been that high on. He seems like a mental midget but I can't argue with his production from last season.

I'm just now recollecting some of the awesomeness Wilson displayed and besides height (which can be circumvented) he has all the tools. I just haven't gotten to see many Seahawks games this season in entirety but he's gettin it done.

Long term I feel it will be:

1. Luck
2. Griffin
3. Wilson
4. Kaepernick

individually playmaking, that is. Not team success. However, I could give a shit bout individual crap if SEA and IND can win a Bowl and the Skins cannot.

Last edited by ROCSteady : 11-20-2013 at 01:21 PM.
Old 11-20-2013, 01:19 PM   #25
ROCSteady
One of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
Agree with everything you said basically. Wilson definitely is in a good situation (although play calling has NOT always been great). Seattle is pretty stacked but so is SF. Wilson, however, has shown a much better NFL QB skill set. He can make reads, throw his receivers open, has a quick release, and throw with touch All things Kaep can not do (or at least has not done consistently). I just don't see Kaep as the long term solution at QB for SF. Dude got hyped so badly by the media. He's like a very poor man's RG3. They struggle at the same things only Kaep is much worse at them.

First bold= I think every in depth fan can say that bout their team. Your squad has one loss. Redskins fans want the entire coaching staff fired

Second bold= You are right on with that. I trust Griffin's hard work, intelligence to evolve more. He's been terrible at times thhis season but also quite good. His team has literally done him no favors but he has killed drives all by himself.

Last edited by ROCSteady : 11-20-2013 at 01:22 PM.
Old 11-20-2013, 01:19 PM   #26
RoundMoundOfReb
Top 1 Bball Mind.

Quote:
Maybe.

Actually, I take that back. I think Wilson's peak is better than Kap, whom I've never been that high on. He seems like a mental midget but I can't argue with his production from last season.

I'm just now recollecting some of the awesomeness Wilson displayed and besides height (which can be circumvented) he has all the tools. I just haven't gotten to see multiple Seahawks games this season but he's gettin it done.

Long term I feel it will be:

1. Luck
2. Griffin
3. Wilson
4. Kaepernick

individually playmaking, that is. Not team success. However, I could give a shit bout individual crap if SEA and IND can win a Bowl and the Skins cannot.

I too like Griffin. thought he was the best rookie QB last year but this year he has not played as well (even though his team does suck).

Long term:

1. Luck
2. Wilson
3. Griffin

4. Kaepernick

Could see either of the top 3 flip flopping tbh but I just don't see it with Kaep. Clearly the worst.

Last edited by RoundMoundOfReb : 11-20-2013 at 01:23 PM.
Old 11-20-2013, 01:31 PM   #27
ROCSteady
One of One

I have to say I agree. I wanted to smoke crack when JAWS said Colin could be the best QB of all time.

As Little Giants put it, football is 80% mental, 40 % physical.

This is why Peyton's old ass frame will likely win another MVP with decreased arm strength and Kaep looks like a backup right now. He doesn't have it between the ears imo to lineup and play unadulterated pro football as defenses adjusted.
Old 11-20-2013, 02:03 PM   #28
Bless Mathews
454 Dumper

I'm so sick og people saying Wilson is a game manager. I've seen every snap of his career. The dude MAKES PLAYS. check the PhoenixS game . The rams game last year. His CLUTCH scrambles. Game winning drives. Smdh. Dude is filthy. We run the ball so much his stats aren't astronomical but record as a rookie tds and top 6 this year. Clutch.

Game managers don't lead the league in pass % of passes over 20 yards...smdh. 50% over attempts 20+ yards. Smh
Bless Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 03:03 PM   #29
ROCSteady
One of One

I would call Wilson a playmaker more than a game manager but he manages games well from what I've seen.

I guess that's complimentary both ways
Old 11-20-2013, 03:06 PM   #30
RoundMoundOfReb
Top 1 Bball Mind.

Game manager to me brings up a mental image of Alex Smith/Trent Dilfer. Wilson is much more than that.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: