Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 11-21-2013, 10:58 PM   #31
ballinhun8
Bulls | Bears | W. Sox

Default Re: Better QB Skills: Colin Kaepernick vs A Potato

Multiple championships for Luck, Wilson, and RG3 on the SF team from last year???

You can see into the future like that? Just shut up round mound. You can't be taken seriously when you're homering like that.
ballinhun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 01:34 AM   #32
RoundMoundOfReb
Top 1 Bball Mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballinhun8
Multiple championships for Luck, Wilson, and RG3 on the SF team from last year???

You can see into the future like that? Just shut up round mound. You can't be taken seriously when you're homering like that.
They would win multiple championships. They were a retarded fumble away from going to the Super Bowl with Alex ****ing Smith. That team is absolutely stacked. Upgrade Kaep to Luck or RG3 (leave out Wilson cause you think I'm homering) they are easily SB favorites.

Besides why do people keep citing Kaepernick's achievement from last year (getting to the SB) when the whole premise of why he sucks this year is that defenses have adapted to him? He was good last year defenses now adapted and he hasn't shown he can do what good QBs can - adapt back. He just doesn't have it mentally football IQ wise.
RoundMoundOfReb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 01:26 AM   #33
Guy Ledouche
I usually hit open layups

Remember when he was the greatest QB of all time after 5 games last year? Hah, what a joke.
Guy Ledouche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 05:55 AM   #34
RoundMoundOfReb
Top 1 Bball Mind.

I fully expect him to put up efficient numbers Monday night. Skins' defense is terrible. This is the type of game he plays well in.
Old 11-26-2013, 07:13 PM   #35
RoundMoundOfReb
Top 1 Bball Mind.

I was right once again. Dude is a front runner.
Old 11-26-2013, 07:19 PM   #36
Heavincent
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
I was right once again. Dude is a front runner.

Yeah Kaepernick doesn't play well in big games. Last years playoffs are evidence of that.

Heavincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 07:22 PM   #37
RoundMoundOfReb
Top 1 Bball Mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavincent
Yeah Kaepernick doesn't play well in big games. Last years playoffs are evidence of that.

He doesn't play well against good defenses. Green Bay and Atlanta
Old 11-26-2013, 07:28 PM   #38
Heavincent
NBA Superstar

I don't get why people are hating so much. He's put up 17 total TD's and just 7 INT's along with 355 rushing rushing yards and has helped his team to a 7-4 record. Not as great as a season as I thought he'd have but he's still been very good. Not to mention he's been playing without Crabtree (his favorite receiver from last year).
Old 11-26-2013, 08:23 PM   #39
RoundMoundOfReb
Top 1 Bball Mind.

Quote:
I don't get why people are hating so much. He's put up 17 total TD's and just 7 INT's along with 355 rushing rushing yards and has helped his team to a 7-4 record. Not as great as a season as I thought he'd have but he's still been very good. Not to mention he's been playing without Crabtree (his favorite receiver from last year).
1) His team is stacked.
2) Alex Smith led a similar team to 13-3 that should tell you just how stacked they are.
3) if you actually watched the games you'd see that their passing game is extremely coddled. Simple reads.
4) played like crap vs every good defense he's faced.
Old 11-26-2013, 09:31 PM   #40
Heavincent
NBA Superstar

Quote:
1) His team is stacked.
2) Alex Smith led a similar team to 13-3 that should tell you just how stacked they are.
3) if you actually watched the games you'd see that their passing game is extremely coddled. Simple reads.
4) played like crap vs every good defense he's faced.

1. So? Don't see how this takes anything away from Kaep. Your guy Wilson (who I also like) plays on a stacked team too.

2. Kaepernick was in the super bowl last year, so what's your point? 49ers offense is far more dangerous with Kaepernick instead of Smith.

3. I do. "coddled" describes their offense with Smith (not many big plays or throws down field). Kaepernick actually makes them explosive.

4. Played pretty well against Arizona, but was crappy against Seattle and Carolina. Need a bigger sample size.
Old 11-26-2013, 09:50 PM   #41
RoundMoundOfReb
Top 1 Bball Mind.

Quote:
1. So? Don't see how this takes anything away from Kaep. Your guy Wilson (who I also like) plays on a stacked team too.

2. Kaepernick was in the super bowl last year, so what's your point? 49ers offense is far more dangerous with Kaepernick instead of Smith.

3. I do. "coddled" describes their offense with Smith (not many big plays or throws down field). Kaepernick actually makes them explosive.

4. Played pretty well against Arizona, but was crappy against Seattle and Carolina. Need a bigger sample size.
1. My point is that they're 7-4 cause of their defense and run game not Kaep.

2. Alex Smith was a fumble completely out of his control from potentially going to the super bowl. Also Trent Dilfer won a super bowl. moot point.

3. Passing game is extremely simple. Most of the time he's making 1 read or reading high-low.

4. He was decent vs Zona. Crap vs Seattle, New Orleans, Carolina and Indianapolis (when their secondary was healthy they had a good defense).
Old 11-28-2013, 01:40 PM   #42
ballinhun8
Bulls | Bears | W. Sox

He has his best WR back. When he blows out the shehawks in a few weeks then you'll see less of these ridiculous arguments coming from the homers.

He wants to crap on Kaep yet claims RG3 can do more when he has been a shell of himself this year. Hypocrisy if you ask me.
ballinhun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 09:30 PM   #43
RoundMoundOfReb
Top 1 Bball Mind.

RG3 has also sucked this year. He gets more of a pass cause he doesn't have a stacked team. But I am absolutely concerned about him too. Kaepernick will not play well passing vs the Seahawks. Book it. I'm concerned about their run game since our run D can be erratic but I don't fear Kaep at all. Maybe he can do some damage running but he will not look good throwing the football.
Old 12-03-2013, 12:16 PM   #44
bsyde82
Decent playground baller

As a niner fan I'm been a very harsh Kap critic. My biggest knock on him right now is how he handles criticism. But I can't tell if he's really that sensitive, or that's just how he likes it. Me against the world and all that. Russell is like the complete opposite, a choir boy whom everyone loves and I think he feeds off that.

Kap is a different personality, less embraceable by the general public and media.

One thing I dislike about the way they use Kap is how it seems he's very restricted in his running. I've read its for the development of his QB skills, and I get that, but it's really hurting his short term game. So many times he could just rip some runs and force the defense to adjust, which would theoretically open up the game for him. But he just tries to hang in there and pass.

Also, he does not know how to check down. Which is ironic, because we niner fans hated Alex for being capt. checkdown.

But he's smart. This talk about him being dumb, not sure where it comes from. Because he's not a choir boy and wears snap backs and has that hip hop look? His wonderlic was in the high 30s and he could've gone to Dartmouth. He's plenty smart.

But, I get that book smarts don't always translate into football on-field prowess. Alex Smith was plenty smart as well.
bsyde82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 08:07 PM   #45
RoundMoundOfReb
Top 1 Bball Mind.

Quote:
RG3 has also sucked this year. He gets more of a pass cause he doesn't have a stacked team. But I am absolutely concerned about him too. Kaepernick will not play well passing vs the Seahawks. Book it. I'm concerned about their run game since our run D can be erratic but I don't fear Kaep at all. Maybe he can do some damage running but he will not look good throwing the football.
Looks like I was right once again.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: