Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-27-2007, 03:04 AM   #16
mid80sjordan
High School JV MVP

mid80sjordan has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: OT: What genre of Rap do you prefer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FashionIssues
i don't know...it's crunk the bay area version. there's so much pride in that ish over here because the bay never gets any play. i think it's cool when e-40 hooked up with lil john but that's where it stops. now we have fools over here on radio oversaturating that movement. it's really annoying.
ok

who are some hyphy artists? i really don't know.and how long has this **** been around? i know i'm not old yet
mid80sjordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 03:11 AM   #17
AirGauge23
Sound the Charge

AirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Gangsta.
AirGauge23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 03:42 AM   #18
Done_And_Done
D & D

Done_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Im a very mood based listener meaning my mood and whats around me dictates the type of music I please to hear... For instance, if im at the club I aint looking to hear nothing too mellow-drama.

but in general & on the regular

Its Conscious all day baby... {Lil Brother, Deafri, Rakim ect...}

But as Mr. Jones has been proclaiming "HIP HOP" is indeed a dieing breed. Not saying that its going away any time soon but in terms of the essence of the music & its roots... Were living in a Beat over Lyric era of hip hop which will remain dominant because it doesn't take a genuis to recognize what sells and appeals to the general census---> public
And when your a competitor in a billion dollar industry, the so called "Keeping it real" personna only amounts too so much.

Hence the reason why I put an MC such as NAS on such a high personal platoo simply because hes making quality music, staying true to his style and making decent coin while doing so.

Done & Done
Done_And_Done is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 04:15 AM   #19
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

loot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by konex
I dunno if this is a "genre" but I like rap with actual music to it instead of just beats. Bone Thugs, most Eminem stuff etc.

ehm em's beats mostly arent all hat, just like bone thug's

if you like beats with a little more to it, check outkast, dj quik, warren g. these guys know how to make good music
loot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 04:36 AM   #20
hornets_aussie
Can barely lace up my sneakers

hornets_aussie has an OK reputation so far

Right Now -john Cena
hornets_aussie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 05:10 AM   #21
reppy
Apparently likes anime

reppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation here

I like death metal rap. It's the ****.
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 05:52 AM   #22
kumquat
College superstar

kumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat cool

Hip-Hop, most of the other styles of rap are just parody of itself.
kumquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 06:40 AM   #23
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

kwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation here

Anything by the Sugar Hill Gang.

I do like any rap with a message or that has some thought behind it. My personal favourite is k-os, if you haven't heard his album Joyful Rebellion, you are missing out.

Last edited by kwajo : 02-27-2007 at 06:53 AM.
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 06:46 AM   #24
Horde of Temujin
Operat.Northwoods=9/11

Horde of Temujin has decent reputation

Anything except the stuff you mentioned, most rap sucks and the good stuff you never hear.
Horde of Temujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 07:53 AM   #25
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I suppose "underground" rap? I'm with kwaj, I like substance to me rap. I'll listen to some Fat Joe, TI, or Chamillianaire every once in a while, but in the long run, it's far from my favourite. That's why I love a lot of Em's older stuff, before he started ****ing around and putting out ****ty joke tracks. He's got some new stuff that I don't mind, but it doesn't compare to Infinate and The MM LP. Definately into K-os like Kwajo mentioned.

Lately I've been getting into some more underground stuff, like Cunninlynguists, Tonedeff, Masta Ace, Jedi Mind Tricks, and Immortal Technique. Everyone should definately check these guys out, certainly worth a listen to. Especially Cunninlynguists.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 08:24 AM   #26
Seņor Cedric
why live??

Seņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbass
What genre of Rap do you prefer?

Rap is a genre. Rap doesn't have sub-genres. It's all terrible.
Seņor Cedric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 09:41 AM   #27
JtotheIzzo
The Future is Now

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Timeless Hip Hop Albums (the real shiiiit)

JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 10:58 AM   #28
dejordan
Mars Blackmon Lives!

dejordan has an OK reputation so far

i always like mos def, talib kweli, and pharoh monche. lupe fiasco's the new hotness.
dejordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 11:26 AM   #29
20 Dimes A Game
HeartHustleHope

20 Dimes A Game has an OK reputation so far

I listen to rap that tells a story e.g. Eminem.

But every so often i hear a sick beat that i like.
20 Dimes A Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 11:47 AM   #30
Chalkmaze
Good college starter

Chalkmaze has decent reputationChalkmaze has decent reputation

I prefer the silent kind.
Chalkmaze is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: