Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-18-2013, 01:10 AM   #16
Da Kobester
Not airballing my layups anymore
 
Da Kobester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 114
Default Re: [Official Kobe Bryant Thread] Kobe's Return

The best thing that happened since Kobe's return that I've seen is it keeps Pau mostly in the paint. Notice how Kobe's been looking and dishing off to Pau yes I'm all for that coz it puts Pau back where he belongs Lakers again can work inside out ala championship years.

Furthermore Kobe's like a coach on the floor coz if Pau slacks off Kobe gets in his face and judging by his play Pau's game has noticeably improved less perimeter attempts and more attempts in the paint. Lakers restoring their 1 2 punch and with swaggy P as their 3rd go to guy we have a chance to make some noise!
Da Kobester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 01:55 AM   #17
Lakers_Kobe_Fan
NBA lottery pick
 
Lakers_Kobe_Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,781
Default Re: Win Loss record without Kobe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaraw08
Not sure if this is accurate but wikiAnswers says
Answer:



Without Kobe, the Lakers are 43-21 (including 0-1 in playoffs), as of Feb 1, 2012.
That includes a game where he played only 1 minute, as well as a game he played 6 minutes (going 1 for 2, scoring 2 pts total.
Can anybody validate? thanks

This all is BS what counts is the 5 chips with kobe

End of thread... Now everbody go to sleep
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 03:11 AM   #18
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year
 
DKLaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 6,736
Default Re: Win Loss record without Kobe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
This all is BS what counts is the 5 chips with kobe

End of thread... Now everbody go to sleep

LMFAO.....I swear I was just going to post this:



Obviously I agree with you completely

I always tell Tam to stop looking at stats and watch the actual game!
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 01:51 PM   #19
L.A. Jazz
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Österreich (CET)
Posts: 1,113
Default Re: [Official Kobe Bryant Thread] Kobe's Return

But then why have a coach? because now they play no where near what MDA wants. the only thing he does is giving stupid interviews.
L.A. Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 02:35 PM   #20
$LakerGold
Home of the 16
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: ☆Home of the 16☆
Posts: 7,151
Default Re: [Official Kobe Bryant Thread] Kobe's Return

@tam, thread merged.
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 05:08 PM   #21
Crown&Coke
Stay Strong Droth
 
Crown&Coke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: You only get half a bar.......
Posts: 4,297
Default Re: [Official Kobe Bryant Thread] Kobe's Return

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A. Jazz
But then why have a coach? because now they play no where near what MDA wants. the only thing he does is giving stupid interviews.

"But uuuuhhhmm, (insert bullshit here).... but uuuuhhhmmm"

Thats all I hear.
Crown&Coke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 06:31 PM   #22
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year
 
DKLaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 6,736
Default Re: [Official Kobe Bryant Thread] Kobe's Return

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown&Coke
"But uuuuhhhmm, (insert bullshit here).... but uuuuhhhmmm"

Thats all I hear.


Yeah, that's what guys who know basketball hear when he talks......But when Jimmy Buss listens he is all "Wow, wow, wow.....he's so brilliant and amazing!!!"
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 06:40 PM   #23
tamaraw08
College star
 
tamaraw08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 3,936
Default Re: Win Loss record without Kobe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
This all is BS what counts is the 5 chips with kobe

End of thread... Now everbody go to sleep

OMG, sorry for hitting a nerve "Kobe-FAN"
I was just asking to validate the answer.
Chicago won atleast 55 games when MJ left the first time. Does that mean he is not a great player?
Well ofcourse Lakers wouldn't have won 5 rings without Kobe. I felt the year 2001, Kobe should have won the MVP esp when he almost single-handedly dominated the Spurs in San Antonio. The problem was when they to the finals, Shaq would dominate the weaker centers of the East, hence, he wins the finals MVPs.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 07:07 AM   #24
Lakers91
Serious playground baller
 
Lakers91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 154
Default Re: Win Loss record without Kobe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaraw08
OMG, sorry for hitting a nerve "Kobe-FAN"
I was just asking to validate the answer.
Chicago won atleast 55 games when MJ left the first time. Does that mean he is not a great player?
Well ofcourse Lakers wouldn't have won 5 rings without Kobe. I felt the year 2001, Kobe should have won the MVP esp when he almost single-handedly dominated the Spurs in San Antonio. The problem was when they to the finals, Shaq would dominate the weaker centers of the East, hence, he wins the finals MVPs.

I think it's an interesting thing to ask or discuss, the Bulls that year led by Scottie Pippen (who I believe led them in most major statistical categories that year) just showed that the team was deeper than simply one great player (and that Pippen's importance as part of the team in history has been majorly undervalued to the point it makes me almost sad) and it just shows that not one player wins championships, I consider it to rate a player based on titles, it's the most important thing in sports but you win them as a team in the NBA never as just one player, the most common example I've noticed with no help is my favourite player Akeem/Hakeem but he had for one title Clyde the Glyde. Teams may play better at times without a ball dominant player but it certainly limits how far you go in the end, kind of a bit like how when Kobe was injured this year not playing, players moved the ball more looked good to start, the role players like Meeks stepped up, but then when the role players who stepped up went cold then you kind of want the ball dominant star player back because in the end it limits you for anything more than a short period of time
Lakers91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 01:10 PM   #25
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year
 
DKLaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 6,736
Default Re: Win Loss record without Kobe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers91
I think it's an interesting thing to ask or discuss, the Bulls that year led by Scottie Pippen (who I believe led them in most major statistical categories that year) just showed that the team was deeper than simply one great player (and that Pippen's importance as part of the team in history has been majorly undervalued to the point it makes me almost sad) and it just shows that not one player wins championships, I consider it to rate a player based on titles, it's the most important thing in sports but you win them as a team in the NBA never as just one player, the most common example I've noticed with no help is my favourite player Akeem/Hakeem but he had for one title Clyde the Glyde. Teams may play better at times without a ball dominant player but it certainly limits how far you go in the end, kind of a bit like how when Kobe was injured this year not playing, players moved the ball more looked good to start, the role players like Meeks stepped up, but then when the role players who stepped up went cold then you kind of want the ball dominant star player back because in the end it limits you for anything more than a short period of time

......and Great that you are posting more!!!
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 05:08 PM   #26
Lakers_Kobe_Fan
NBA lottery pick
 
Lakers_Kobe_Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,781
Exclamation Laker News: Kobe Bryant has fracture in his left knee. Out 6 weeks


@Lakers: Kobe Bryant has a fracture of the lateral tibial plateau in his left knee. He is expected to miss 6 weeks

the contract extensions sounds right now :)

Link:
http://www.lakersnation.com/breaking...ry/2013/12/19/

Last edited by $LakerGold : 12-24-2013 at 09:39 PM.
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 05:45 PM   #27
$LakerGold
Home of the 16
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: ☆Home of the 16☆
Posts: 7,151
Default Re: Laker News: Kobe Bryant has fracture in his left knee. Out 6 weeks

Yeah, saw him went down last night. Took him about 5 minutes to shake it off. Damn, didn't know it was that bad. Get well soon, Kobe!
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 06:08 PM   #28
Lakers_Kobe_Fan
NBA lottery pick
 
Lakers_Kobe_Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,781
Default Re: Laker News: Kobe Bryant has fracture in his left knee. Out 6 weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by $LakerGold
Yeah, saw him went down last night. Took him about 5 minutes to shake it off. Damn, didn't know it was that bad. Get well soon, Kobe!

tank time
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 06:15 PM   #29
$LakerGold
Home of the 16
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: ☆Home of the 16☆
Posts: 7,151
Default Re: Laker News: Kobe Bryant has fracture in his left knee. Out 6 weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
tank time
Around the late 10's? But, I really think that we'll make it to at least 8th or 10th seed.

1st 14 of the 15 draft picks belongs to the East. haha
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 06:52 PM   #30
Da Kobester
Not airballing my layups anymore
 
Da Kobester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 114
Default Re: Laker News: Kobe Bryant has fracture in his left knee. Out 6 weeks

Just think Kobe played the last 6 minutes in the 4th with a fracture but the good news is that he won't be needing a surgery. At least Kobe will be back sooner unlike D Rose who'll be out for the season again hurry back Kobe the Lakers need u.
Da Kobester is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:


Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:03 PM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:

NBA Basketball

NBA Rumors

Basketball Blog

NBA Videos

Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
YouTube
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy