Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Miami Heat Forum

Miami Heat Forum Miami Heat forum - miami heat message board

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2013, 03:33 PM   #31
r15mohd
Local High School Star
 
r15mohd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,508
r15mohd has decent reputation
Default Re: What is D.Wades worth? HYPOTHETICAL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mass Debator
If Wade wants to stay, Miami is stuck with D-Wade whether they like it or not. Why would any team trade for a 20 million dollar player whose heart and soul is in Miami? If anything, he'd try to help out the organization by taking $3-5 million less than what he's making now. That's the most anyone could expect him to do. No way is he going to play for $6-8 million when he's owed $20+ million. That's like asking Kobe to take $8 mil when he is owed $30 mil. It's not like Wade and Kobe are out there half-assing out there not caring. They still want to win. They earned the money. Do they deserve it at the very moment? Probably not.

I think the Heat trading Wade looks worse for them than it is to him. He's loyal and unselfish. It's not like he's a scrub. He's an 18-20 ppg player for the next 2-3 years. He'd probably be able to put up 15-16 ppg at age 36 if he is out there on the court. He'll probably reach father time before that though.

well that's the thing...you have to put Wade in the corner with some threat to continue to make these title runs, he's the weakest link and owed too much money. Make him show his loyalty to the Heat org and Miami now...either restructure and help the team, and be in Miami until his career is over or just let him opt in to his 5th year selfishly for the cash and cut ties thereafter. Simple to me...either way, Miami wins in the long run just one better than the other
r15mohd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 03:35 PM   #32
Dresta
BANNED!!!!
 
Dresta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 4,312
Dresta is starting to rub some people the wrong wayDresta is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: What is D.Wades worth? HYPOTHETICAL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by r15mohd
He probably feels he’s worth more…great, many players do too. Is he truly showing he’s worth more though? Not one-bit! He’s injury-plagued…all summer he’s boasting about coming back better than ever, best shape in a while yet he’s on the bench with the same nagging knee condition and having to take the 2nd leg of back to back games off.

So you tell me, who’s really going to pay him to sit on the bench for majority of the season…he’s no longer the “Flash” that once lit up the arenas. Kevin Martin is making $7 mil a year and playing 33mins a game, and avg 24pts…why should Wade get more?
You're really thick. First, Kevin Martin doesn't play defence, and is a one-dimensional scorer. Second, the Heat have been saying Wade won't be properly healthy until December, and so they are working him back slowly, and with caution, because you know, they have the big picture in mind (Rashard Lewis had the same knee treatment and said it took 6 months to fully recover - supported by the fact he was shit last season, and has been very good so far this season). The T-Wolves don't have to worry about that because they are first-round fodder. Thirdly, K-Mart has been playing much better than he did the last 2 seasons, and if he'd been playing this well then, he'd be earning more money.

In short: you are full of shit.
Dresta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 03:56 PM   #33
r15mohd
Local High School Star
 
r15mohd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,508
r15mohd has decent reputation
Default Re: What is D.Wades worth? HYPOTHETICAL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dresta
You're really thick. First, Kevin Martin doesn't play defence, and is a one-dimensional scorer. Second, the Heat have been saying Wade won't be properly healthy until December, and so they are working him back slowly, and with caution, because you know, they have the big picture in mind (Rashard Lewis had the same knee treatment and said it took 6 months to fully recover - supported by the fact he was shit last season, and has been very good so far this season). The T-Wolves don't have to worry about that because they are first-round fodder. Thirdly, K-Mart has been playing much better than he did the last 2 seasons, and if he'd been playing this well then, he'd be earning more money.

In short: you are full of

LMAO...I’m full of it yet you’re clearly supporting my argument in your response. Kevin Martin didn’t make anything because he didn’t perform prior years before, isn’t this what you’re indicating above?

exactly what is Wade doing now that’s so different than Kevin Martin before

you’re basing it off future hope that Wade recovers, right now he’s worth no more than $8mil over 3 years..if he breaks out and has 25ppg season (very unliekly) then he can say he deserves more, but over the past 3 years all he has done is decline. you can attest that by stats, PER, watching every game over n over, and what ever other criteria you would like to measure as well
r15mohd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 04:02 PM   #34
cos88
Banned
 
cos88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 3,890
cos88 is starting to rub some people the wrong waycos88 is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: What is D.Wades worth? HYPOTHETICAL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
i wouldnt trade jimmy butler for dwyane wade.


this is why the bulls will not win a ring in our lifetime. idiotic fans and poor managment
cos88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 04:35 PM   #35
Mass Debator
Local High School Star
 
Mass Debator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,765
Mass Debator has decent reputationMass Debator has decent reputation
Default Re: What is D.Wades worth? HYPOTHETICAL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by r15mohd
LMAO...I’m full of it yet you’re clearly supporting my argument in your response. Kevin Martin didn’t make anything because he didn’t perform prior years before, isn’t this what you’re indicating above?

exactly what is Wade doing now that’s so different than Kevin Martin before

you’re basing it off future hope that Wade recovers, right now he’s worth no more than $8mil over 3 years..if he breaks out and has 25ppg season (very unliekly) then he can say he deserves more, but over the past 3 years all he has done is decline. you can attest that by stats, PER, watching every game, and what other criteria you would like to measure as well
If you were an owner and need to hire a worker, do you look at the person's resume for the past 5 years or do you look at what they did last year? What has K-mart done in the last 5 years to deserve to be in a position that Wade is in?

If you hire K-mart, you know he's a role player capable of hitting shots. If you hire D-Wade, you're hiring a proven winner who makes game changing plays. You're kidding yourself if you think the Heat would trade Wade for Martin straight up this year or even for the next 3 years. They would even have second thoughts of trading Ray Allen for him straight up right now. It's not even about stats half the time. 13 games in and Kevin Martin is averaging 23 points. He'll end up averaging 19/2/4 on 43% shooting and no defense. Good player and good fit on the T-Wolves, but he'll never have the same impact that Wade has in the locker room or on the hardwood.

Btw, Wade made like $3 million in his first championship year. He was underpaid then. Now being overpaid based on performance just evens things out. He deserves every penny because the Heat agreed to pay him. The only time I'll knock a player for his money is if he doesn't try anymore and is careless about winning. You can call him overpaid, but he's definitely earned it. If Wade is at the end of his contract and is asking for $20 mil, it'll be a different story.
Mass Debator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 04:39 PM   #36
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
Sarcastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: #KnicksTape
Posts: 22,120
Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: What is D.Wades worth? HYPOTHETICAL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
He could opt out for a longer term smaller annual salary deal.


Why would he do that, when he could just get that the following year after collecting his $20+ million next year?
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 05:39 PM   #37
InfiniteBaskets
Decent college freshman
 
InfiniteBaskets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,867
InfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputation
Default Re: What is D.Wades worth? HYPOTHETICAL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
Why would he do that, when he could just get that the following year after collecting his $20+ million next year?

He could do that, but it's not unprecedented for a player to take less than market value. LeBron, Bosh, and Wade all took less than max money in 2010, with Wade taking the biggest paycut amongst the three. No one knows what may happen after this season, but right now it's looking like Wade will sit out at least 10% of all games. Bosh and LeBron are contributing, but they aren't stupid enough to believe that the supporting cast isn't needed for a ring.

Haslem, Beasley, Chalmers, Battier, Ray Allen, James Jones, Rashard Lewis, Birdman, Oden, and Roger Mason Jr are all hitting the market after this year. Wade would have to be out of his mind if he thinks the Heat can afford to lose 50% of those guys and still have a chance at competing for a title. Of course he can just keep opting in and trade cash over rings, but that wouldn't spill over well with LeBron and Bosh. Wade would put himself in a situation where he'd make $20M, but be surrounded by scrubs and retire in a Rashard Lewis / Vince Carter type of way.

What I think will happen is that LeBron, Wade and Bosh (maybe Haslem, Allen, and others as well) will sit down some time after this season's over and talk about how each guy wants to move forward from here. If the Heat win their third title in a row, they'll have a chance to do something that hasn't been done even by Jordan. It will be interesting for sure to see what happens.
InfiniteBaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 05:46 PM   #38
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
Sarcastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: #KnicksTape
Posts: 22,120
Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: What is D.Wades worth? HYPOTHETICAL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfiniteBaskets
He could do that, but it's not unprecedented for a player to take less than market value. LeBron, Bosh, and Wade all took less than max money in 2010, with Wade taking the biggest paycut amongst the three. No one knows what may happen after this season, but right now it's looking like Wade will sit out at least 10% of all games. Bosh and LeBron are contributing, but they aren't stupid enough to believe that the supporting cast isn't needed for a ring.

Haslem, Beasley, Chalmers, Battier, Ray Allen, James Jones, Rashard Lewis, Birdman, Oden, and Roger Mason Jr are all hitting the market after this year. Wade would have to be out of his mind if he thinks the Heat can afford to lose 50% of those guys and still have a chance at competing for a title. Of course he can just keep opting in and trade cash over rings, but that wouldn't spill over well with LeBron and Bosh. Wade would put himself in a situation where he'd make $20M, but be surrounded by scrubs and retire in a Rashard Lewis / Vince Carter type of way.

What I think will happen is that LeBron, Wade and Bosh (maybe Haslem, Allen, and others as well) will sit down some time after this season's over and talk about how each guy wants to move forward from here. If the Heat win their third title in a row, they'll have a chance to do something that hasn't been done even by Jordan. It will be interesting for sure to see what happens.


Players take less money, but they don't opt out of $20 million dollars for the good of the team.

At the end of the day these guys all play for money. That last year is likely Wade's last big pay check. There is no way he is giving that up. Neither is Bosh for that matter.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 06:28 PM   #39
ispin69
Banned
 
ispin69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,763
ispin69 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryispin69 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryispin69 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default Re: What is D.Wades worth? HYPOTHETICAL.

The fact is the 3 of them have player options. Wade wants to opt in and just take the money while not contributing as much? Lebron walks to Cleveland, Bosh signs with some other team. You think he wants that? Then the team becomes trash and front office entertain the thought trading him anyways.

If Beasley steps up and does play the way they want (6th man of the year type numbers), he should get a decent contract. The suns are still paying him from the buyout 4m this year and 3m next. But Heat still have to give him a decent contract. They can only do that if someone who hasn't been contributing as much takes a cut. Wade and Bosh struggled in the playoffs and certainly in the finals. What they do this season determines who should take the paycut because they have been slacking. Loyalty goes both ways. The player option they wanted was to allow them to re-evaluate the situation and if they still want to be on this team. Wade makes tons of money on his brand deals and commercials (tmobile) anyways.
ispin69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 06:31 PM   #40
GrapeApe
High School Varsity 6th Man
 
GrapeApe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 794
GrapeApe has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: What is D.Wades worth? HYPOTHETICAL.

Wade's value is obviously greater with the Heat than any other team. It would be impossible for the Heat to get equal value in a trade, but hypothetically he still has great value to any championship contender. He's a proven winner and big game performer who makes impact plays and can take over games.
GrapeApe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 07:27 PM   #41
SamuraiSWISH
Samurai Swoosh
 
SamuraiSWISH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 6,099
SamuraiSWISH is a pretty well-respected posterSamuraiSWISH is a pretty well-respected posterSamuraiSWISH is a pretty well-respected posterSamuraiSWISH is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: What is D.Wades worth? HYPOTHETICAL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cos88
this is why the bulls will not win a ring in our lifetime. idiotic fans and poor managment
Our lifetime? I've seen them win 6 in 8 years. Yes, their management sucks, and is cheap. Our fans are extremely loyal, but often are delusional. But so are most fan bases of anything.
SamuraiSWISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 07:39 PM   #42
atljonesbro
National High School Star
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,297
atljonesbro has decent reputation
Default Re: What is D.Wades worth? HYPOTHETICAL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dresta
This would make Minnesota a much better team. Shows the unreliable nature of stats tbh.
Jesus christ this forum is ****ing retarded. This hipster moron is proof.
atljonesbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 07:42 PM   #43
KrizMiz
Serious playground baller
 
KrizMiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 482
KrizMiz has no real reputation yet.
Default Re: What is D.Wades worth? HYPOTHETICAL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRR3
More than Kobe.

this !
KrizMiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 09:04 PM   #44
r15mohd
Local High School Star
 
r15mohd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,508
r15mohd has decent reputation
Default Re: What is D.Wades worth? HYPOTHETICAL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mass Debator
If you were an owner and need to hire a worker, do you look at the person's resume for the past 5 years or do you look at what they did last year? What has K-mart done in the last 5 years to deserve to be in a position that Wade is in?

If you hire K-mart, you know he's a role player capable of hitting shots. If you hire D-Wade, you're hiring a proven winner who makes game changing plays. You're kidding yourself if you think the Heat would trade Wade for Martin straight up this year or even for the next 3 years. They would even have second thoughts of trading Ray Allen for him straight up right now. It's not even about stats half the time. 13 games in and Kevin Martin is averaging 23 points. He'll end up averaging 19/2/4 on 43% shooting and no defense. Good player and good fit on the T-Wolves, but he'll never have the same impact that Wade has in the locker room or on the hardwood.

Btw, Wade made like $3 million in his first championship year. He was underpaid then. Now being overpaid based on performance just evens things out. He deserves every penny because the Heat agreed to pay him. The only time I'll knock a player for his money is if he doesn't try anymore and is careless about winning. You can call him overpaid, but he's definitely earned it. If Wade is at the end of his contract and is asking for $20 mil, it'll be a different story.


Never did I say trade for Kevin Martin...I compared them based on salary and production, and please don't use past years resume as credit. This isn't an office position where it's mainly intelligence and calculated/educated risk factors making sound decisions, which only gets increasingly better with experience. This is a sport where the timeline of a players peak is limited, in DWade's case, cut short by injury and his style of play.

Two very, very different, scenarios

As for him earning it, that's exactly what needs to be looked at...what is he doing to earn it? What does paying him more than $8 mil a year do to your franchise, much less the $20mil option? Hamper it as Wade will be underperforming and hurt more than he plays like he's being paid to do.

From Wades view, he surely wants that $20mil...but just as Miami took the chance on him, he has give a little if he stands by his loyalty words. Restructure your 5th yr and ensure your TEAM continues to compete for the Finals over the years. If he's selfish and takes the option next year, I personally don't resign him fir more than the vet minimum bcuz he preferred selfishness over overall greatness.

I'm cut throat on my views...as good as Wade WAS, it doesn't mean shit going forward if he can't contribute to the betterment of the organization, goes for every player too not just DWade.
r15mohd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 09:16 PM   #45
gts
Sons of Antartica
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 28,249
gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: What is D.Wades worth? HYPOTHETICAL.

Big salary, fair amount of miles on him. They won't get back value to the point that there's no reason to trade him because he's still going to be better than anything they get in return
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:14 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy